View Poll Results: Who has the most promise to put it together and have a magical season??

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Football

22 44.90%
  • Men's Basketball

14 28.57%
  • Women's Basketball

13 26.53%
  • Baseball

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most promising 2009-2010 season

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Most promising 2009-2010 season

Whatcha got??

Gridiron Dawgs: returning 16 starters, a little tougher schedule, 3rd year of Dooley/Spangler era, etc

Dunkin' Dawgs: Kyle and Magnum wanna go out on top, Rupp and Co finished strong and seemingly getting stronger

Lady TECHsters: You got your coach.... now what??

Diamond Dawgs: Young pitching staff showed a LOT of promise and now have some good expirience, plently of postional returnees

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: Most promising 2009-2010 season

Basketball. Gonna go out on a limb and say second round of the NCAA tournament. It can only get so good for the football team. 8-9 wins and a bowl win. Basketball has the potential to get really really hot and win some games..maybe even a couple in the tournament.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I think basketball, both of them, have the potential to impress this year. We have some raw and some experienced talent coming into the men's team, not sure how far it will take them, but sure excited about it! Women's finally have a coach that inspires them, we should be competing seriously this time around!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Women's basketball is the favorite to explode. The new coach showed promise and they have a lot of talent on that team. Football and men's basketball has a tougher schedule and I have a hard time getting preseason hyped about baseball given the collapse a few years ago.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it has to be Women's BB first, Men's BB second, baseball third, and then football. I will base my opinion this way: both B-ball teams are right on the cusp, baseball can make the tourney and consider it a magical season. After last year, football will need a 10-11 win season for me to call it magical.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think one of the basketballs - hopefully men - I just think the football OOC schedule is too stiff to have a break out year, that schedule just doesn't give up 8 wins very easily...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think one of the basketballs - hopefully men - I just think the football OOC schedule is too stiff to have a break out year, that schedule just doesn't give up 8 wins very easily...
    I agree D, i think the 2010 football team will be the one to remember.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

I would have voted for volleyball, but given the choices, I went with WBB, MBB, baseball, and football. Based this on what I think the rest of the WAC teams are going to be like in each sport.

MBB has the misfortune of being up against several other programs maturing at the same time we are. From a fan perspective, I welcome the competition.

Go Volleyball!!!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i'm still not 100% sold on rupp as the answer, and t-spoon needs another year or two to recruit before we can have what would be considered a great season for the Lady Techsters. I keep waiting for the baseball team to live up to the hype, but it just hasn't happened yet.

i know dfm has been preaching for years that basketball is the easiest sport to turn around quickly, and i agree in theory, but there have been a lot of set-backs for the dunkin' Dawgs and I just don't think we're there yet.

so i vote for football. it won't be easy, but for once i think we have a team and a staff that can compete with anyone on the schedule. An 8-win regular season would be huge with this schedule, and i think 10 wins is within the realm of possibility.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Football. We should have 10 wins this year counting a bowl win. 2010 should be even better. Rupp hasn't shown me anything yet in basketball.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Rupp hasn't shown me anything yet in basketball.
    How about the best recruits we've ever gotten?

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    That is what impresses me.

But I think that is probably Karl, I mean really, if you had that guy come to your house... Sign me on. I'm kinda questioning the win pct. But I will say that I think we should be better since we don't have our transfer problem... you can't ever predict them.. but i don't know you can't base his future on the last two years. He'll get his shot. I think we'll be expecting a winning season at least.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

You're awfully quick on that "best ever" trigger.

Best recruits out of high school, then. Ok.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Best recruits out of high school, then. Ok.
    Do you mean "most highly rated?"

+ Reply to Thread