+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much work for Dooley?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Too much work for Dooley?

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    I just recently talked with a young lady who is on the Tech track team. During our conversation I asked her how good of a job Dooley is doing in the athletic department. I was expecting praise as usual but instead received a negative tirade from the young lady. She said that all Dooley cares about is football and that track gets overlooked. She says that they don't all have matching uniforms (like the other schools). She claims that they did not even take a team picture! (I find that to be extreme though I don't know how true the allegation is). She also said the track coaches consistently complain about having to beg Dooley to get the things they need. They also have to beg to travel by air to long distance non conference meets. It seems to me that the track team has been one of our better teams in recent years.

If these allegations are true, they seem to be a sign of somone that has too much to do.
    Maybe he could hire your hero JO to start taking out the trash and cleaning the bathrooms.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Maybe he could hire your hero JO to start taking out the trash and cleaning the bathrooms.

Who is "Jo"?

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Come on Teatech, answer Geaux Dawgs question. You seem to have left that out of your response.

I went to two football games last season. The Mississippi St. game being the most exciting game in a while for me.

I went to several basketball games.

And I went to the Independence Bowl.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I went to two football games last season. The Mississippi St. game being the most exciting game in a while for me.

I went to several basketball games.

And I went to the Independence Bowl.

What High School did you attend Tea?? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    What High School did you attend Tea?? Just curious

Southwood High

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I just recently talked with a young lady who is on the Tech track team. During our conversation I asked her how good of a job Dooley is doing in the athletic department. I was expecting praise as usual but instead received a negative tirade from the young lady. She said that all Dooley cares about is football and that track gets overlooked. She says that they don't all have matching uniforms (like the other schools). She claims that they did not even take a team picture! (I find that to be extreme though I don't know how true the allegation is). She also said the track coaches consistently complain about having to beg Dooley to get the things they need. They also have to beg to travel by air to long distance non conference meets. It seems to me that the track team has been one of our better teams in recent years.

If these allegations are true, they seem to be a sign of somone that has too much to do.
    My roommate was on the track team and just graduated. Under Oakes, the only upgrade they got was a new door on their storage closet. Under Dooley, they got a new track (paid for by student assessed fees). Dooley also got rid of the condemned bleachers, and the rumor is that he is planning to build a small stadium at the track with locker rooms. Not taking a team picture is on Stanley's shoulders.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    My roommate was on the track team and just graduated. Under Oakes, the only upgrade they got was a new door on their storage closet. Under Dooley, they got a new track (paid for by student assessed fees). Dooley also got rid of the condemned bleachers, and the rumor is that he is planning to build a small stadium at the track with locker rooms. Not taking a team picture is on Stanley's shoulders.

Glad you posted this.

Don't let facts get in the way of Teabag's agenda......or should I say agendas, they are spread all over the place.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Great Post!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Just like as been stated, MAKE A BIG CONTRIBUTION to LTAC, go get 10 of your friends that aren't members to JOIN LTAC.

I've been out of Tech for 45+ years, and I've never been inspired to contribute when I didn't have some type of control over giving. About time we started marketing our programs.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Football>everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Football>everything else.

....and Football helps pay for everything else

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I don't think it has to do with Dooley having too much on his plate (i.e, not having enough time to do his job). It has much much more to do with the lack of MONEY. $250k just got cut from the athletic budget due to the state budget cuts. It doesn't surprise me that non-football athletes will perceive that Dooley is more focused on football than the other sports. But that is what makes economic sense and I am sure that is why D.R. hired Dooley for the AD job. Football IS king in the South, and if we can build the football program, more people will join LTAC, more people will buy season tickets, and more corporate sponsors will be signed. This income may then be used to better fund the non-revenue sports.

BTW, you can always donate to LTAC and specify that your donation is for women's track.

Another thing you have to take into consideration is that DD may be the AD but he still has to justify any expenses and purchases to those above him. Maybe those above him want to revive or build the 5 most noted programs in Football, MBB and WBB, and baseball and softball. When any of those 5 starts generating enough money that some can be diverted away from that sport, I would bet that track will be pretty high on the list to receive more.

Also, the track team might see about talking with Alum from that program to raise some $$$ for uni's. Any of them could call Tim Garlington to take a team photo. All it takes is "one, two,.....and three". Sorry, most Ruston people who have had a yearbook pic will get that.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Southwood High
    do you like to teabag? is that how you got your name?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    do you like to teabag? is that how you got your name?
    more like, it likes to receive the teabagging
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Dooley's done more with TECH in the 2 1/2 years that he's been there than just about everyone else combined in the last 20 years (maybe more, but I don't have that knowledge).

+ Reply to Thread