+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lax national championship

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

lax national championship

i've never really watched lacrosse before for more than a minute or two, but i just watched the end of the div 1 national championship and it was pretty entertaining. syracuse was down 9-6 with very little time left and came back to tie it with some tough play and amazing luck in the final seconds. then they won the game with a goal very early in overtime. exciting game.

for you folks that know something about lacrosse, why in the world did cornell try to push the ball up the field when they had it with 40 seconds left, ahead by a point, instead of just trying to hold on to the ball until the end?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: lax national championship

Stalling is a technical foul, but I don't know that they were really in danger of drawing a foul.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I didn't get to see the game, but I am guessing that Cornell wanted the ball at the Orange end in case they did turn the ball over. Perhaps those few extra seconds for Syracuse to get the ball back down the field might make all the difference between winning and losing.

LAX is an extremely enjoyable game to watch and play. Once we moved to VA, my son played it for six years and I helped coached his team for a number of those years. I wish we had it in AR when I was growing up, I would have loved to have played it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I didn't get to see the game, but I am guessing that Cornell wanted the ball at the Orange end in case they did turn the ball over. Perhaps those few extra seconds for Syracuse to get the ball back down the field might make all the difference between winning and losing.

LAX is an extremely enjoyable game to watch and play. Once we moved to VA, my son played it for six years and I helped coached his team for a number of those years. I wish we had it in AR when I was growing up, I would have loved to have played it.
    Ben, TECHLAX, started up a LaTech lacrosse team (club) while we were at Tech. I wonder if it is still going.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post

thing is, the guy was being challenged and he kept trying to run down the field looking for someone to throw it to, when another defender and the goal keeper were wide open beside him. whatever the reasoning for getting in such a rush, it was a mistake and it cost them the game. he would have been better off just lobbing it down the field than doing what he did.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    thing is, the guy was being challenged and he kept trying to run down the field looking for someone to throw it to, when another defender and the goal keeper were wide open beside him. whatever the reasoning for getting in such a rush, it was a mistake and it cost them the game. he would have been better off just lobbing it down the field than doing what he did.
    Yep, sounds like the player lost his head there for a moment... I take it he was a defenseman, yeah, you would prefer that one of your mids or attackmen have the ball in that situation. I know that at that level the talent is so much better, but we always wanted the defense to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible to better ball handlers.

The bigger stick is definitely harder to use.

that's what she said?

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

I am coaching the Catholic High boys lacrosse team here in BR. The sport is growing very quickly in South Louisiana (11 or 12 HS teams). Hopefully, there will be some growth in North LA (outside of S-port). I think WM could support a team right now! Lacrosse is a great sport... fun to play and watch!

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i've never really watched lacrosse before for more than a minute or two, but i just watched the end of the div 1 national championship and it was pretty entertaining. syracuse was down 9-6 with very little time left and came back to tie it with some tough play and amazing luck in the final seconds. then they won the game with a goal very early in overtime. exciting game.

for you folks that know something about lacrosse, why in the world did cornell try to push the ball up the field when they had it with 40 seconds left, ahead by a point, instead of just trying to hold on to the ball until the end?
    In transition from defense to offense, you have 20 seconds to move the ball into the offensive restraining box (which is an eternity in college lax). That player just lost his head and got way too rushed. It was definitely a mental error which cost them the game. BTW...that was the best game for anyone who had never seen lacrosse, to watch!!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I know that it is really big in S-port.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    In transition from defense to offense, you have 20 seconds to move the ball into the offensive restraining box (which is an eternity in college lax). That player just lost his head and got way too rushed. It was definitely a mental error which cost them the game. BTW...that was the best game for anyone who had never seen lacrosse, to watch!!
    Aww, the reason for your screen name .. . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread