+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ESPN 5 games to fear in the SEC

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: ESPN 5 games to fear in the SEC

Blue, I'll take our experience over potential talent any day. We've got a ton of soph's and jr's that are actually the equivalent of seniors, many of them started or played a considerable amount as true frosh. Not only do we have veterans, we finally have quality depth at almost every position-something we've never had at Tech. The only thing I see stopping us is a royal screwing by the SEC officiating crew.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Offensively they are changing to a new scheme that I'm not convinced they have the right athletes to run as effectively as they would need to run up the score against us.
    Ask some Michigan or Nebraska fans if the transition from a run-based to a pass-based offense happens smoothly.

In one season.

In the first game.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Blue, I'll take our experience over potential talent any day. We've got a ton of soph's and jr's that are actually the equivalent of seniors, many of them started or played a considerable amount as true frosh. Not only do we have veterans, we finally have quality depth at almost every position-something we've never had at Tech. The only thing I see stopping us is a royal screwing by the SEC officiating crew.
    hope your right.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Crowton installed a new passing offense at Tech that took off in the first year fairly well.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Crowton installed a new passing offense at Tech that took off in the first year fairly well.
    6-5 ? With the best win coming over a 5-6 Miss St ?

Ok ... I guess that counts as fairly well.

Let's hope that's the kind of year Auburn is staring at. Good, but not great.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Ask some Michigan or Nebraska fans if the transition from a run-based to a pass-based offense happens smoothly.

In one season.

In the first game.
    The problem is Auburn already started the transition last year. The Spread was what became the demise of Auburn's season last year.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    The problem is Auburn already started the transition last year. The Spread was what became the demise of Auburn's season last year.
    Tony Franklin system and Gus system are totally different. No carryover.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    set low expectations than you wont be dissapointed I say haha. All kidding aside we had a great season last year, we got a good staff with an entergetic coach, and look to be headed in the right direction. However we did it 1 season. We need to build consistency before Im going to go on the air and say we are ready to beat Auburn. Sorry Coop while I love the dawgs I got to be honest. I dont mind being wrong and I hope in this instance I am and feel free to call me up and say I told you so when it happens.

Anyone have the ability to send this to Mrs. bluecrew and attribute it to her man? lol

Also, remember the other side of that statement-set low expectations and you'll usually achieve them.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Tony Franklin system and Gus system are totally different. No carryover.
    I know they are different. My point is they weren't a typical Auburn offense last year so there is no carryover from that either. They are a different situation than Michigan.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    Livas they do know about, they don't know about casey, and some if the incoming freshmen that have some speed to fear on kickoff/punt returns. I find special teams play is one of the easier things a freshman can do as a returner, just run!
    Casey hasn't even stepped on the field yet. Hold off on your expectations of him until he DOES SOMETHING. It still took Livas 5 or 6 games to get use to the speed of the game and the athletes that he was on the field against.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

CONDITIONING. It's going to be HOT!!!

DD's Dawgs will be in the BEST physical condition. That 3rd Qtr is going to be LONG.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I just hope we are not at the wrong end of a 41-3 whuppin stick....

It could happen -

Remember Houston @ Houston in 1991 (we were coming off the I-Bow tie with Maryland) except it wasn't a 41-3 beat down and that 1991 Tech team was probably better and more talented team than the one we have returning this year -

That being said I hope they don't find their grove until the 2nd or 3rd week....
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 07-15-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

It could happen -

Remember Houston @ Houston in 1991 (we were coming off the I-Bow tie with Maryland) except it wasn't a 41-3 beat down and that 1991 was probably better and more talented team than the one we have returning this year -

That being said I hope they don't find their grove until the 2nd or 3rd week....

That houston team was ranked highly that year right. They didn't end up being that great if memory serves.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    That houston team was ranked highly that year right. They didn't end up being that great if memory serves.

They were coming off a 10-1 season, the 1991 team went 4-7. That coach used to live across the street from me.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

It could happen -

Remember Houston @ Houston in 1991 (we were coming off the I-Bow tie with Maryland) except it wasn't a 41-3 beat down and that 1991 Tech team was probably better and more talented team than the one we have returning this year -

Several of our starters missed that game because of the fight at the frat house. That was the only game we lost that year. We went 8-1-2.

+ Reply to Thread