+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Hybrid View

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Thread in honor of Guiss;

What are the all-time top musical acts that "discriminating music afficianados" love to publically hate on. I'll go ahead and throw out the low hanging fruit (asterisk* denotes bands that I will admit to liking/owning cd at one time):

-Coldplay
    -Nickelback
    -Hootie*
    -Creed
    -Warrant*
    -Winger
    -Pat Boone
    -Manilow

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Eminem, when he is actually probably one of the most talented guys to come down the pipe in over a decade.

Limp Bizkit (they're horrible)
    Linkin Park (WORSE than horrible)

I really want to start another thread for bands that got the reputation of being great even though they sucked, like U2, Foo Fighters, and Bruce Springsteen

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Eminem, when he is actually probably one of the most talented guys to come down the pipe in over a decade.
    dude, i don't consider myself a music snob (anymore), but that dude is nothing but a gimmick (and an annoying one at that).

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    dude, i don't consider myself a music snob (anymore), but that dude is nothing but a gimmick (and an annoying one at that).
    Do you really deny that Eminem is extremely talented?

What was the gimmick? That he was white?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Do you really deny that Eminem is extremely talented?

What was the gimmick? That he was white?
    no talent whatsoever. his gimmick was basically the same as marylin manson's, just targeting a different demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    no talent whatsoever. his gimmick was basically the same as marylin manson's, just targeting a different demographic.
    Wow.

Em is easily one of the 5 best lyricists of the 2000's, with Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and, yeah, Kanye.

You either don't like rap music or don't understand good rap music if you can't recognize the guy's talent.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

No objections yet.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Hinder
    Dave Matthews Band
    Any band with a number (3rd Eye Blind, Seven Mary 3, 3 Doors Down, 3 Days Grace, Stroke 9, Blink 182, Sum 41, U2, UB40, Matchbox 20, Finger 11, 311 (have to hate on them here, even though I own almost all their albums), Maroon 5, 6pence none the richer, 30 seconds to mars, Eve 6) except Nine Inch Nails
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Hinder
    Dave Matthews Band
    Any band with a number (3rd Eye Blind, Seven Mary 3, 3 Doors Down, 3 Days Grace, Stroke 9, Blink 182, Sum 41, U2, UB40, Matchbox 20, Finger 11, 311 (have to hate on them here, even though I own almost all their albums), Maroon 5, 6pence none the richer, 30 seconds to mars, Eve 6) except Nine Inch Nails
    Does that include Five Eight, Old 97's, Deltron3030 (okay, that's not a band, per se...), Tennessee Two/Three, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, 39 Stonybridge? ...Just off the top of my head/in my collection...:icon_wink:

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Does that include Five Eight, Old 97's, Deltron3030 (okay, that's not a band, per se...), Tennessee Two/Three, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, 39 Stonybridge? ...Just off the top of my head/in my collection...:icon_wink:
    I am the only Five Eight fan I know. It's nice to see them mentioned. (and they should not be bagged on by the snobs... they are pure passion and psychosis... and they would never claim to be great musicians).

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I am the only Five Eight fan I know. It's nice to see them mentioned. (and they should not be bagged on by the snobs... they are pure passion and psychosis... and they would never claim to be great musicians).
    Five Eight: GREAT band. GREAT live show. Glad you know; more people should...

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Hinder
    Dave Matthews Band
    Dave Matthews is not a very good singer, but they are great musicians! DMB is definitely a musicians band.

The Soggy Bottom Boys are pretty damn good, too!!
    Last edited by TECHLAX; 07-18-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    Dave Matthews is not a very good singer, but they are great musicians! DMB is definitely a musicians band.

The Soggy Bottom Boys are pretty damn good, too!!
    I love the soggy bottom boys!

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Puddle of Mudd.

Trent Reznor is one of the most overrated dudes in in the industry by the music snob sect.

+ Reply to Thread