+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    John Mayer is a GREAT musician
    Don't care for his songs, but watching him play solos on the geetar is pretty cool.

The 2 minutes that I walked through an office with the Michael Jackson crap on was him playing guitar and he was pretty amazing.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Eminem, when he is actually probably one of the most talented guys to come down the pipe in over a decade.
    dude, i don't consider myself a music snob (anymore), but that dude is nothing but a gimmick (and an annoying one at that).

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Don't care for his songs, but watching him play solos on the geetar is pretty cool.

The 2 minutes that I walked through an office with the Michael Jackson crap on was him playing guitar and he was pretty amazing.
    dude can play. it's sad that all of his songs suck, but it's worthwhile to watch him live.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I happen to think Dave Matthews is an insanely good musician and guitar player. However, I do think most of his singles aren't really that good, and I was actually bored at his concert I went to recently. His stuff has been going downhill for a while now, however I think his first two major releases are two of my favorite albums of all time: "Under the Table and Dreaming," and "Crash." I can do without the nonstop jamming crap at the concerts, and ESPECIALLY the friggin' hippies, but oh well.

I mentioned this band before, but Metallica is hated on by a LOT of people, even though I love'em. I know, I know... Load/ReLoad are different or whatever, but I kinda like blues too, which is what those lean more toward rather than metal, so I don't have a problem with them. St. Anger needs to just be forgotten, though. That was the most pathetic album I think I've ever spent any money on.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I like Coldplay.

Clutch is worse than terrible.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Green Day
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post

I mentioned this band before, but Metallica is hated on by a LOT of people, even though I love'em. I know, I know... Load/ReLoad are different or whatever, but I kinda like blues too, which is what those lean more toward rather than metal, so I don't have a problem with them. St. Anger needs to just be forgotten, though. That was the most pathetic album I think I've ever spent any money on.

Proof the even the Black Album is trash:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM500NxI4as
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Clutch is worse than terrible.

Clutch is one of my favorite bands

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I happen to think Dave Matthews is an insanely good musician and guitar player. However, I do think most of his singles aren't really that good, and I was actually bored at his concert I went to recently. His stuff has been going downhill for a while now, however I think his first two major releases are two of my favorite albums of all time: "Under the Table and Dreaming," and "Crash." I can do without the nonstop jamming crap at the concerts, and ESPECIALLY the friggin' hippies, but oh well.

His old stuff is the best out there. As far as musical composition is concerned, I don't think you could find a better group of people who can play that well together. No one I know, who has listened to more than like 2 Dave songs, has ever said they don't like it, much less hate it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Something else to consider. Think about most of the bands we are listing. All of the singles that those bands play have been run into the ground by radio and MTV. I don't think we hate them because they are all bad. We hate some of them simply because we heard the same thing over and over and over and..................

that is my 2 cents.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

define music snobs. because the ones I know say pretty much all music coming out the last 50+ years suck.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    His old stuff is the best out there. As far as musical composition is concerned, I don't think you could find a better group of people who can play that well together. No one I know, who has listened to more than like 2 Dave songs, has ever said they don't like it, much less hate it.
    Congratulations, you just met one.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Something else to consider. Think about most of the bands we are listing. All of the singles that those bands play have been run into the ground by radio and MTV. I don't think we hate them because they are all bad. We hate some of them simply because we heard the same thing over and over and over and..................

that is my 2 cents.
    No, the vast majority of music on the radio sucks because the big record companies have decided they can maximize their product following a certain formula, and that formula is the opposite of creativity. They produce music that they know they can sell, and they know they can sell it because they have have already sold it before.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    dude, i don't consider myself a music snob (anymore), but that dude is nothing but a gimmick (and an annoying one at that).
    Do you really deny that Eminem is extremely talented?

What was the gimmick? That he was white?

Do you really deny that Eminem is extremely talented?

What was the gimmick? That he was white?
    no talent whatsoever. his gimmick was basically the same as marylin manson's, just targeting a different demographic.

+ Reply to Thread