+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Re: Top Bands that Music Snobs like to Bag on

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    My IQ > Motorhead.

Sorry Lum, you're the best, but I gave up "drive around and mess stuff up" music after 8th grade.

Also Radiohead proves that you can be a great band and still be over-rated. Great music, but not near as good as their fans think they are. Some of these guys act like they are the most groundbreaking band in the history of music. Sorry but they actually aren't Motzart, Elvis, Miles Davis, The Beatles and Nirvana all wrapped up into one.
    Are you sure your IQ is > than Motorhead? It seems to me that if you were driving around and messing stuff up in 8th grade that you must have been a 16 year old 8th grader.

Check out the sig, Lemmy Rules!!! :icon_wink:

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Hinder
    Dave Matthews Band
    Any band with a number (3rd Eye Blind, Seven Mary 3, 3 Doors Down, 3 Days Grace, Stroke 9, Blink 182, Sum 41, U2, UB40, Matchbox 20, Finger 11, 311 (have to hate on them here, even though I own almost all their albums), Maroon 5, 6pence none the richer, 30 seconds to mars, Eve 6) except Nine Inch Nails
    Does that include Five Eight, Old 97's, Deltron3030 (okay, that's not a band, per se...), Tennessee Two/Three, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, 39 Stonybridge? ...Just off the top of my head/in my collection...:icon_wink:

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post

Clutch is one of my favorite bands
    Funny that Clutch was mentioned...I hadn't listened to them in probably the better part of a decade, and was re-introduced to them by a buddy just this past week. Their more recent albums (including the brand new one) were really pretty appealing to me. Kinda like they lost the put-on edge, and found a more bluesy, roots-rock center. That, I liked. They're no Drive By Truckers, though. :icon_wink:

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Here's one. Aerosmith.

Horrible band.
    OH

MY

GOD

You have got to be kidding. I saw that post and thought WHO said that?
    They are getting a red dot.

I love Aerosmith and that skinny bad Steven Tyler! :icon_wink:

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Hinder
    Dave Matthews Band
    Any band with a number (3rd Eye Blind, Seven Mary 3, 3 Doors Down, 3 Days Grace, Stroke 9, Blink 182, Sum 41, U2, UB40, Matchbox 20, Finger 11, 311 (have to hate on them here, even though I own almost all their albums), Maroon 5, 6pence none the richer, 30 seconds to mars, Eve 6) except Nine Inch Nails
    Dave Matthews is not a very good singer, but they are great musicians! DMB is definitely a musicians band.

The Soggy Bottom Boys are pretty damn good, too!!
    Last edited by TECHLAX; 07-18-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Anyone like The Raconteurs?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

today's nomination that will probably get me a red dot:

The Rolling Stones

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Are you sure your IQ is > than Motorhead? It seems to me that if you were driving around and messing stuff up in 8th grade that you must have been a 16 year old 8th grader.

Check out the sig, Lemmy Rules!!! :icon_wink:
    Yeah I'm very sure, and I meant when I thought that kind of music was cool. Eventually you grow out of crap like that. :icon_wink:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Anyone like The Raconteurs?
    I have a couple of their songs on my ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    Dave Matthews is not a very good singer, but they are great musicians! DMB is definitely a musicians band.

The Soggy Bottom Boys are pretty damn good, too!!
    I love the soggy bottom boys!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

today's nomination that will probably get me a red dot:

The Rolling Stones
    Nah, I agree.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm very sure, and I meant when I thought that kind of music was cool. Eventually you grow out of crap like that. :icon_wink:
    I guess I never TOTALLY grew out of that... I don't mess stuff up except for my tires when I listen to that kind of music sometimes. Usually I just "serenade" (read: annoy) the neighbors by jamming out on my electric guitars to heavy metal in the evening when I'm in that mood.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Eventually you grow out of crap like that. :icon_wink:
    That's what my wife keeps telling me. Although my 60+ year old father-in-law has Ozzy's Crazy Train as his ringtone and still listens to Kiss. I guess those are two that could be added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    That's what my wife keeps telling me. Although my 60+ year old father-in-law has Ozzy's Crazy Train as his ringtone and still listens to Kiss. I guess those are two that could be added to the list.
    I actually think that's pretty cool!

I actually think that's pretty cool!
    What can I say, I got really lucky when it comes to in-laws. My wife on the other hand listens to country music and thinks classic rock includes Air Supply and ABBA. Actually, that might explain why Choudawg likes her so much.

+ Reply to Thread