+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 40 Years Later, Do You Have Any Doubt...

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: 40 Years Later, Do You Have Any Doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I said in in reputation as well, but thank you very much for tracking this down for me.
    no reputation to bob for mentioning it in the first place? (not that it's one of asimov's best stories or anything -- i can't even remember much about the plot, and it's probably ruined by knowing that they aren't really on a space mission)

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I said in in reputation as well, but thank you very much for tracking this down for me.
    No problem. The Nerd Code demands that one trace down obscure science fiction stories whenever possible.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    no reputation to bob for mentioning it in the first place? (not that it's one of asimov's best stories or anything -- i can't even remember much about the plot, and it's probably ruined by knowing that they aren't really on a space mission)
    I think it was maybe written before the moon landing. So in the introduction he even says it was outdated before it was ever published. There are certainly better ones in that collection.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    Fixed. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I think it was maybe written before the moon landing. So in the introduction he even says it was outdated before it was ever published. There are certainly better ones in that collection.
    I read in the front matter that it was written two years before Sputnik, but it was included regardless. I haven't read it yet, but I will tonight.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Wasn't there a movie in the 70s that touched on this. Don't know if it was a mission to the moon or some planet (I would imagine the later since we'd already been to the moon). I think it was called Capricon 1 (or something similar) and know OJ was one of the three astronauts (Brolin may have been another).

+ Reply to Thread