+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40 Years Later, Do You Have Any Doubt...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: 40 Years Later, Do You Have Any Doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It is not beyond reasonable thought that the whole thing could have been fabricated if that is what they wanted to do. I think the capability was there. Now, with that being said, do I think it really happened, yes.
    Capability is not enough to create reasonable doubt. However, I think you probably agree since you add a pretty big IF to the end of that statement. I've watched countless documentaries and web videos about how the moon landing was faked and I've never seen evidence that would make me have a reasonable doubt.

BTW - The best coverage of this whole topic so far was by Penn & Teller: Bull$h!7 on Showtime. The engineer from NASA they got was hilarious. They also show you who is behind the rise of the conspiracy... which is not a good thing for the conspiracy.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

One night prior to the Apollo 11 mission, I went into a clean room in the VAB at KSC and put my hands on the LM (lem) that landed on the moon. I have no doubt that the part I touched (one of the landing legs) is still there (on the moon). :icon_wink:

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i think i recall an isaac asmov short story in which they tried to fool the astronauts into thinking they were actually going to the moon. that as a pretty cool story, but completely unrealistic.
    I've been Googling for this for a good ten minutes. Can you think of the title?

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't just have to fool the Apollo 11 astronauts, but all the other subsequent crews up to 18.

The best and brightest of our country did something amazing with extremely primitive technology. And that's about it.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I may have it somewhere at home. I'll look for it this evening.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

This website has a video of Buzz Aldrin confronting a sceptic. Look under the "Morning" keyword.

www.600wrec.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This website has a video of Buzz Aldrin confronting a sceptic. Look under the "Morning" keyword.

www.600wrec.com
    Didn't work for me.

If it is the fight that was filmed that was unfortunate. However, I would have done the same thing. I think if someone tries to take away your sacrifice and accomplishments based on little to no evidence, I think a good accountability punch is justified. Also, Aldrin is very bitter about how the US cares for its astronauts. That a-hole didn't help cheer him up.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

can't think of the name of it. i think the title was the error message the astronauts were receiving, or something like that. i can't find my asimov collection right now, but i think it may be in the one inudesu owns. he'll have it tomorrow, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    can't think of the name of it. i think the title was the error message the astronauts were receiving, or something like that. i can't find my asimov collection right now, but i think it may be in the one inudesu owns. he'll have it tomorrow, no doubt.
    The guy was so prolific, I couldn't find it this morning either.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Does anyone doubt we are going to Mars now? We have much better technology to fake a Martian landing now than we did to fake a moon landing then.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Does anyone doubt we are going to Mars now? We have much better technology to fake a Martian landing now than we did to fake a moon landing then.
    We're not in a Cold War. We don't need the morale boost

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i don't doubt that nasa is planning on it. i don't doubt that we have the technology. i do know i don't want to be on that ship.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Guys with at least the same amount of credibility as the conspiracy theorists, Mythbusters:

http://mythbustersresults.com/episod...a-moon-landing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wym04J_3Ls0 (look around for other parts of the myth.)

And for the record, I have no doubt we landed on the moon.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The guy was so prolific, I couldn't find it this morning either.
    I think Bob is talking about the story Ideas Die Hard from the short story collection Winds of Change.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I think Bob is talking about the story Ideas Die Hard from the short story collection Winds of Change.
    I said in in reputation as well, but thank you very much for tracking this down for me.

+ Reply to Thread