View Poll Results: At the end of regular season play, where will the dawgs stand?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12-0

2 1.29%
  • 11-1

1 0.65%
  • 10-2

12 7.74%
  • 9-3

41 26.45%
  • 8-4

57 36.77%
  • 7-5

36 23.23%
  • 6-6

6 3.87%
  • 5-7

0 0%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 09-10 Predictions

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Re: 09-10 Predictions

I say Livas runs one back every home game this season.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    Exactly! Why people are predicting a loss to Nevada when we are supposed to be better this year is beyond me.
    They're suppose to be better, too. And we play at their place. Nobody is saying we can't beat them, it's just that we haven't done it in a long time.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    You are so right. And the other really important factors are that now WE believe in ourselves and WE believe we can win and we play with intensity and passion and toughness both physically and mentally for FOUR quarters of football. We don't give up and we don't lay down.

I those things will make a HUGE difference in the outcome of our season .

GO DAWGS! GATA!

You got that right, Dawgmatic. Darn near gives me chills to think about this!! DAWGS playing tough, smash mouth, knock-em-on-their-ass, in-you-face, never-give-up, GATA football this year!!!

YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I think the key to this season lies in how we played last season. We learned how to win last season. We won some close games that could have gone either way and only lost one of these. Our players now know how to win and they believe in the coaching staff.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I think the key to this season lies in how we played last season. We learned how to win last season. We won some close games that could have gone either way and only lost one of these. Our players now know how to win and they believe in the coaching staff.
    That's true. The only thing I worry about is pitching and catching. We have no real proven reciever outside of Livas but we have lots of raw talent. Will any of them step up this year? Don't know but it will be fun to watch. I like Ross, he doesn't make alot of mistakes but he's not the best passer in the world either. Can we keep the defense from stacking Porter by having a passing threat? Again, I don't know. If Porter and/ or Livas are not 100% this year, can we still win? This year should tell loads about the future of the Dawgs. I for one am cautiously optimistic. Can't wait for Auburn baby!!!!

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I don't understand why a lot of you don't think this football team won't be a lot better than last year. I say we go at least 9-3. We have almost all of our players coming back on both sides of the ball. We have an experienced QB , an all-WAC RB, all of our OL, the best return man in the country, and some promising receivers on offense. On defense we have the entire DL and their backups, 3 linebackers that started several games last year and 3 safeties that have a bunch of experience as starters and one was all-WAC.

Last year we started out with a QB that not only had never played at Tech, he had never even been in spring practice and we went with this guy until he almost ruined our season. Most of his passes would have only been caught by gophers. We had true freshmen playing WR. We lost both our starting outside linebackers to injuries midway through the season. Our MLB was bigger than some of our DL and was way to slow to cover WR's and backs coming out of the backfield. 3 of our 4 top DE's were RSFR or true FR, so we didn't put a lot of pressure on the opposing QB.

I see our team being better at every position. The only question mark to me might be the punting. The freshman kicker should be better than what we had last year, but that's not saying a whole lot.
    I think that a big difference for the upcoming season is that our D is going to learn how to "close" the game. We had too many comebacks last year that could have gone either way when we were comfortably ahead. I believe that will be different this year. GATA for 4 full quarters.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    I think that a big difference for the upcoming season is that our D is going to learn how to "close" the game. We had too many comebacks last year that could have gone either way when we were comfortably ahead. I believe that will be different this year. GATA for 4 full quarters.
    Agreed - because we are substantially deeper (with quality depth) this year on D.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

The comebacks last year were all through the air. If we can play good pass D and maybe get a few sacks due to great coverage or an interception, then those comebacks won't be close to materializing.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so confused by this schedule. There are six games that could go either way depending on how the season is rolling along. The good thing about that is that we should win no LESS than six games. I mean if we play up to potential we could be 8-0 going into the Boise game at home. It's a scary season. It has so much potential, but it also has so many pitfalls.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I'm so confused by this schedule. There are six games that could go either way depending on how the season is rolling along. The good thing about that is that we should win no LESS than six games. I mean if we play up to potential we could be 8-0 going into the Boise game at home. It's a scary season. It has so much potential, but it also has so many pitfalls.

I really think TECHs season is going to be decided from OCT 24 to NOV 21! That 5 game streach is going to make or break our 2009 season!

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    The comebacks last year were all through the air. If we can play good pass D and maybe get a few sacks due to great coverage or an interception, then those comebacks won't be close to materializing.
    Absolutely agree! But TECH has to GATA during the fourth quarter and not sit on a lead defensivley. ATTACK and GATA like there is no tomorrow.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Look at some of the optimism, and look at what some people mentioned about trap games and the schedule.

Out of the 155 votes, no one voted for a record of worse than 6-6...

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Where can you find 5 losses. After Auburn falls, and Boise goes down just like Fresno did back when they rolled into the JOE ranked in the top 25. I just can't see em.

I think I found them

+ Reply to Thread