+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to Eat and visit in Dallas??

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

Thumbs Up Places to Eat and visit in Dallas??

A good friend of mine and I are going to Dallas this weekend. Its a girls "weekend getaway"/ shooting her bridals trip... And I was looking for any suggestions of good, fun places to go eat and maybe some fun things to do.

Last time I went I got to go to the magic time machine... if you have never been and find yourself in Dallas you for sure should check this place out! It was a blast. And we were thinking about just doing that again. But we would like to try new places. If you guys have any sugestions... please share!!

thanks!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Places to Eat and visit in Dallas??

Have you ever been to the Rainforest Cafe? It's in the Grapevine Mills mall out by DFW Airport. That's a really neat experience.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, maybe Dave and Busters. If you want the best margarita's in town and good Mexican food, try Gloria's at the Tollway and Belt Line. (good atmosphere too).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Your best bet is to just keep driving past Dallas to Fort Worth. Take her pictures at the Botanical Gardens. Eat lunch at the Modern Museum(might want to check out the Amon Carter and/or Kimball if you're into that kind of thing, they all face one another).

Do cowboy stuff at the Stockyards (or just buy cowboy stuff in the stores around there). If you like the bar scene, you can either stick around in the stockyards area (Billy Bob's, etc.) or visit Sundance Square. Bass Hall may have something good going on.

The Fort Worth Zoo is pretty good, or you can jog the Trinity Trails but either of those things would be almost suicidally hot this time of year.

Ovation is a cool place to eat. Kincaid's burgers are awesome. Lots of cool cheaper places (like sandwiches or burgers or Fuzzy's tacos) near TCU.

Fort Worth is just as close to all the Arlington stuff like Six Flags, the Rangers, and touring the new Cowboys stadium as Dallas, too.

It all depends on what y'all are looking to do. City of Fort Worth ought to be paying me commission.
    Last edited by inudesu; 08-27-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Oh yeah, maybe Dave and Busters. If you want the best margarita's in town and good Mexican food, try Gloria's at the Tollway and Belt Line. (good atmosphere too).
    MiCocina's is a great place to go too.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    MiCocina's is a great place to go too.
    Also located in Fort Worth's Sundance Square:

Mi Cocina

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

Mi Cocina

As is Gloria's.

If you want the best margarita's in town and good Mexican food, try Gloria's at the Tollway and Belt Line. (good atmosphere too).

I'm just saying. . .

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

You wanting to tag along with them, indesu?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    You wanting to tag along with them, indesu?
    Nah. Mrsinudesu wouldn't be crazy about that.

I imagine this stuff is in my brain because I have some friends coming to visit in Feb. and we'll be splitting time between Dallas and Fort Worth. So I have been recently brainstorming stuff to do over in the "West-o-plex" for when they're here.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

I liked this place called Tramontana when i went back in 06... Not sure if it is still open, but i was real good. It was a nice blend of french and italian...

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Mi Cocina
    The first Mi Cocina is in Highland Park, go there so you can look at the beautiful people.

If you are young, Greenville Ave in Dallas is fine.

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

Your best bet is to just keep driving past Dallas to Fort Worth. Take her pictures at the Botanical Gardens. Eat lunch at the Modern Museum(might want to check out the Amon Carter and/or Kimball if you're into that kind of thing, they all face one another).

Do cowboy stuff at the Stockyards (or just buy cowboy stuff in the stores around there). If you like the bar scene, you can either stick around in the stockyards area (Billy Bob's, etc.) or visit Sundance Square. Bass Hall may have something good going on.

The Fort Worth Zoo is pretty good, or you can jog the Trinity Trails but either of those things would be almost suicidally hot this time of year.

Ovation is a cool place to eat. Kincaid's burgers are awesome. Lots of cool cheaper places (like sandwiches or burgers or Fuzzy's tacos) near TCU.

Fort Worth is just as close to all the Arlington stuff like Six Flags, the Rangers, and touring the new Cowboys stadium as Dallas, too.

It all depends on what y'all are looking to do. City of Fort Worth ought to be paying me commission.

Would you say that the Botanical gardens in Fort worth are a better place to do her bridals then the The Dallas Arboretum? BEcause thats where we were originally planning to do her bridals.

THANKS for all your suggestions!! I'm going to go to those websites and see what looks good...

Have you ever been to the Rainforest Cafe? It's in the Grapevine Mills mall out by DFW Airport. That's a really neat experience.
    EVERYONES been suggesting this place... I think its probably at the top of our list right now because I have not been... and it does sound neat...THANKS!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Someone said that there is now a Dick's Last Resort in Dallas. You could go there, and it would be just like I was with you. :icon_wink:

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Texas De Brazil in Dallas or Ft Worth
    Samba Room in Highland Park, Dallas
    Javier's Steakhouse in Dallas also.
    Blue Mesa, Dallas

Great restaurants, but more expensive. Can spend $50 per person. But, when in Dallas, go somewhere you can't go in other places. Actually Texas De Brazil has several locations, but it is still high on the list for me.

to me, Rainforest is overrated as far as the meal. The dessert is great, the atmosphere is cool. The 4 places above have the atmosphere, service, and food that is above all.

+ Reply to Thread