+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gates, Crowley, racism, and Obama

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Gates, Crowley, racism, and Obama

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    Gates says he complied with the requests of the officer.... If so why arrest him...?
    Read the arrest reports. They didn't arrest him for refusing to comply with an officer.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Is it a crime in Massachusetts to scream at police officers and onlookers during an investigation? The report seemed to indicate that 7 onlookers came by because of the commotion and looked alarmed.

In LA you could get hit with disturbing the peace for that.
    The onlookers could have come out because they saw cop cars with flashing lights...

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Read the arrest reports. They didn't arrest him for refusing to comply with an officer.
    Well if he proved he lived in the house what were they still doing there..? I can scream this is what happens to blacks in America if I want to outside until i turn blue in the face... Did he attack the officers? Did the cops feel threatened..?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Well if he proved he lived in the house what were they still doing there..? I can scream this is what happens to blacks in America if I want to outside until i turn blue in the face... Did he attack the officers? Did the cops feel threatened..?
    Did you read the damn report?

Did you read the damn report?
    Yes... He was arrested for yelling... He didnt even curse at the officer... Did you read the report?

I'm pretty critical of the police, but to me it appeared they acted appropriately. Causing "disturbances" and "disturbing the peace" are arrestable offenses.

I look into that stuff when 2nd amendment rights come into play.....I've read the LA disturbing the peace laws but admittedly I don't know what the MA law is. However, if he met the requirements, they were justified in arresting him.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Yes... He was arrested for yelling... He didnt even curse at the officer... Did you read the report?

Even a Harvard professor can learn something: Don't yell at the police.

Now, yelling and alarming the public appears to be an offense in Massachusetts...is that not so?

They didn't arrest him for threatening an officer so that is a moot argument.

From reading the reports, it is not clear that it was determined that he DID live there.

He provided a Harvard ID. Crowley radioed for the Harvard Police since a Harvard ID was given. I don't see where it was confirmed that he lived there, since I doubt Harvard IDs have addresses on them. Since the officer said he was preparing to leave, he might have had the intention of letting the Harvard Police take over the situation, and let them verify that he lived there.

Now, yelling and alarming the public appears to be an offense in Massachusetts...is that not so?
    So what would have happened if the police would have just left...? Did they have reasonable cause to think that gates was going to caused harm to anyone...?

They didn't arrest him for threatening an officer so that is a moot argument.

From reading the reports, it is not clear that it was determined that he DID live there.

He provided a Harvard ID. Crowley radioed for the Harvard Police since a Harvard ID was given. I don't see where it was confirmed that he lived there, since I doubt Harvard IDs have addresses on them. Since the officer said he was preparing to leave, he might have had the intention of letting the Harvard Police take over the situation, and let them verify that he lived there.
    The report says he was ready to leave... He just got his feelings hurt when gates was yelling at him in public... Cops do a tremendous service for the community but, as an officer you cant wear your feelings on your sleeve...

So what would have happened if the police would have just left...? Did they have reasonable cause to think that gates was going to caused harm to anyone...?
    According to the report, the officer warned him twice that he was becoming disorderly.

The report says he was ready to leave... He just got his feelings hurt when gates was yelling at him in public... Cops do a tremendous service for the community but, as an officer you cant wear your feelings on your sleeve...
    How do you know he arrested him because his feelings were hurt?

And, did he break a law or not?

I agree, that the definition of disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct laws aren't cool at all.

Did you know it's illegal to walk down Bourbon street while intoxicated? However, only the people that act like asses are the ones arrested and charged.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread