+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U2 and Muse...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: U2 and Muse...

I'm a big Andy Summers fan. I don't think the Edge can touch him technically. I'm not sure I see the similarities... unless it is pedal sounds?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I'm a big Andy Summers fan. I don't think the Edge can touch him technically. I'm not sure I see the similarities... unless it is pedal sounds?
    I remember reading an article shortly after U2 made it "big" in which The Edge credited Andy Summers with influencing alot of his sound and what he does. I had, at one time, all of Andy's solo work, but through all the moves, I don't know what happened.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Did they play ANY songs pre-Joshua Tree?

New Years Day
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Two Hearts Beat as One
    Gloria

I would have loved to have seen them 25 years ago.

U2's prime (IMO): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK34D...eature=related
    Yes on SBS. That was the only song they played from War.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking to see if I could find an article about his influences, and I found this:

His influence as a guitarist can be heard by acts such as Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay, and other bands of the alternative scene.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I was looking to see if I could find an article about his influences, and I found this:

His influence as a guitarist can be heard by acts such as Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay, and other bands of the alternative scene.

Coldplay is a ripoff band. What Muse or Radiohead song could you say "Aha! That is like the Edge!"?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

The article I'm referencing was back in the late 80's. I want to say one of the first issues of Spin magazine. Do they still even have that magazine? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different one. It's been a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Coldplay is a ripoff band. What Muse or Radiohead song could you say "Aha! That is like the Edge!"?
    Sound expirementation probably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGWp...eature=related

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

My wife and I were there Tuesday, and thouroughly enjoyed the show, arpeggios and all. Muse was musically very entertaining, and for an opening act, I thought they had a great light show. Muse's set was late to start, and I thought way too short, and the intermission between the two bands seemed ridiculous to me. Maybe I'm just getting too picky. But the show as a whole was a lot of fun, even from the cheap seats in the upper deck.

It did shock me how much the dome filled up between 7:20 or so and whenever U2 started (9 or so?). It hardly looked half full for Muse's set.

Oh, and Muse's bass player was insane, and their entrance music (Prokofiev, I think) was very cool.
    Last edited by dawgcrazy; 10-08-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Muse is coming back through Atlanta in February. This time they will headline and Silversun Pickups will open. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Woot!

+ Reply to Thread