+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U2 and Muse...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: U2 and Muse...

Link if you want to hear his endorsement:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909160008

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Concert is tonight. I have low expectations for U2, so hopefully they will be able to surpass them.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know how you liked it.

Also: Christopher Balfe, the president and COO of Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, released a statement clarifying the situation. "After raving about Muse for four minutes, Glenn made a joke about their representatives e-mailing him to stop," Balfe wrote. "While it is entirely possible that Muse does not like having Glenn as a fan, he was making a joke and their representatives never reached out to him."

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Inu, I am truly speechless.

That right there is a crime against humanity and I am appalled that Youtube has not taken that down. Moreover, I am surprised that the confluence of these "artists" did not result in a gaping black hole of suckitude that would cause the universe to instantaneously collapse on itself. The fact that it didn't may be the best evidence yet that there is a god.

Heh, heh, heh. Good one. : )

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Show was very well done from a production standpoint. Good audiovisuals and lots of moving parts. On the 360 tour they have a round stage with a rotating center (think "lazy susan") for the drum kit. There is also a concentric annular walkway that can be reached via three bridges, two of which move over the crowd. The LED videoboard is above the stage and is circular. The sections of the videoboard can actually expand apart (think about the expanding sphere toy ball except more cylindrical in shape and hexagonal video displays attached to the pivot joints). Pretty neat effect. I cannot imagine how much they spent on all of the toys.

U2's music still blows and I got tired of the delayed arpeggiated chords that the Edge uses in all his songs. I cannot understand why anyone would feel the need to buy more than one U2 album. Bono only talked about politics about 6 times during the show, so he must be pretty happy with Obama. Planned encores are also annoying. Two planned encores is just stupid. They saved Streets, One, and W/ or W/out You (along with other even more boring U2 songs) for their two encores. Hell, there may have been a third encore, but I left once I realized that I had heard every U2 song I could think of off the top of my head.

Muse played a full spectrum of their songs (good mix of style and balance from each album), but only played about 8 or 9 songs total. They didn't get to use all of U2's rig, but they did get to use the videoboard. I was glad they played Map of the Problematique. Sucks that they didn't play Knights of Cydonia. Would have rather seen much more Muse/much less U2, but was expected considering U2's starpower.

The pop music/top 40 crowd was out in full force tonight. First show I have been to in about 10 years (except for the Indigo Girls) where the black shirts were outnumbered by collared shirts and overpowering cologne/perfume.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Did the U2 crowd dig Muse?

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Show was very well done from a production standpoint. Good audiovisuals and lots of moving parts. On the 360 tour they have a round stage with a rotating center (think "lazy susan") for the drum kit. There is also a concentric annular walkway that can be reached via three bridges, two of which move over the crowd. The LED videoboard is above the stage and is circular. The sections of the videoboard can actually expand apart (think about the expanding sphere toy ball except more cylindrical in shape and hexagonal video displays attached to the pivot joints). Pretty neat effect. I cannot imagine how much they spent on all of the toys.

U2's music still blows and I got tired of the delayed arpeggiated chords that the Edge uses in all his songs. I cannot understand why anyone would feel the need to buy more than one U2 album. Bono only talked about politics about 6 times during the show, so he must be pretty happy with Obama. Planned encores are also annoying. Two planned encores is just stupid. They saved Streets, One, and W/ or W/out You (along with other even more boring U2 songs) for their two encores. Hell, there may have been a third encore, but I left once I realized that I had heard every U2 song I could think of off the top of my head.

Muse played a full spectrum of their songs (good mix of style and balance from each album), but only played about 8 or 9 songs total. They didn't get to use all of U2's rig, but they did get to use the videoboard. I was glad they played Map of the Problematique. Sucks that they didn't play Knights of Cydonia. Would have rather seen much more Muse/much less U2, but was expected considering U2's starpower.

The pop music/top 40 crowd was out in full force tonight. First show I have been to in about 10 years (except for the Indigo Girls) where the black shirts were outnumbered by collared shirts and overpowering cologne/perfume.

Are you a musician too?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Did the U2 crowd dig Muse?
    I think so, but many people didn't show up until just before U2 was to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Are you a musician too?
    Only by hobby. I am much better at criticizing than playing.

U2 was Muse before the Muse kids were even born. Sure, U2 sold out to be mainstream (even tenny bop at one point), but I bet Muse will too someday if they ever have the opportunity.

U2 was Muse before the Muse kids were even born. Sure, U2 sold out to be mainstream (even tenny bop at one point), but I bet Muse will too someday if they ever have the opportunity.
    Perhaps, but I doubt it. Muse likes to push the envelope with their sound. Here is one of the guitarists coolest toys:

http://www.musewiki.org/Kaoss_Pad

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Muse likes to push the envelope with their sound. Here is one of the guitarists coolest toys:

http://www.musewiki.org/Kaoss_Pad
    It's when people start imitating them that they sell out. Nobody sounded like the Edge 30 years ago. And nobody had military drum beats like Larry... and still don't (but even he doesn't do it anymore... he improved). But they were a great, great influential band in the late 70's - early 80's.

Do they even play "I will follow" anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2BqLlVHlWA

It's when people start imitating them that they sell out. Nobody sounded like the Edge 30 years ago. And nobody had military drum beats like Larry... and still don't (but even he doesn't do it anymore... he improved). But they were a great, great influential band in the late 70's - early 80's.

I don't know if they normally play it, but they did not play it in Atlanta last night.

I don't know if they normally play it, but they did not play it in Atlanta last night.
    Did they play ANY songs pre-Joshua Tree?

New Years Day
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Two Hearts Beat as One
    Gloria

I would have loved to have seen them 25 years ago.

U2's prime (IMO): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK34D...eature=related

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Correction-Andy Summers is the one who influenced the Edge. Other than that, I'd agree with you. Saw U2 for their Joshua Tree tour in Baton Rouge. It was a good concert. Of course, at that time they didn't have the huge repertoire now and still relied on their early stuff. Several friends and I were perturbed at how many of the people then didn't realize it was early U2 and thought they began with The Joshua Tree.

+ Reply to Thread