+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Thread For Crytozoology

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

A Thread For Crytozoology

I thought this would be fun. For those that don't know, crytozoology is the study of an undiscovered or legendary species. Examples would be the Bigfoot/Yeti, Loch Ness Monster, living dinosaurs, etc.

Do you believe any of these actually exist? What is YOUR explanation of the Patterson Bigfoot footage? What's your take on crytozoology?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: A Thread For Crytozoology

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I thought this would be fun. For those that don't know, crytozoology is the study of an undiscovered or legendary species. Examples would be the Bigfoot/Yeti, Loch Ness Monster, living dinosaurs, etc.

Do you believe any of these actually exist? What is YOUR explanation of the Patterson Bigfoot footage? What's your take on crytozoology?
    Always love to watch the shows, but was severely disappointed in MonsterQuest always coming up empty. Still, it is a fun thing to ponder.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I don't think there could possibly be a bigfoot. We'd bump into it too much as we share the same habitat. Think about all the signs that bears leave - outdoorsmen know when one is around.

Loch Ness - I don't believe there was ever a living dinosaur in the loch.

Very large species could only exist without our knowledge in the bottom of the ocean, and we still know about giant squid.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

To me the only animals I give significant credence to existing in this area are ones in remote places. Large snakes in the amazon, massive crocodiles in Africa, huge sea creatures in remote parts of the ocean ... stuff like that. We do know large squid exist now.

On some of the others I grant a remote chance ... but less so. That doesn't mean this type of thing doesn't fascinate me.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Unless somebody knows differently, which I welcome any updates...could we add the elusive microscopic life or evidence thereof on Mars to this list?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    Unless somebody knows differently, which I welcome any updates...could we add the elusive microscopic life or evidence thereof on Mars to this list?
    Sure! What's your take on that?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I know one thing that I am pissed about. I looked on wikipedia and it had a list of all the crypto animals and the Chupacabra was not on there (unless I overlooked it). How can that not be on there? It has a scooby doo episode attributed to it.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Sure! What's your take on that?
    I think it has absolutely enormous implications for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    I think it has absolutely enormous implications for all of us.
    Its funny. I was seriously considering starting a thread for discussing what implications extraterrestrial life would have on religion before starting this one.

Let's say we send a probe up to Europa, dig through the ice, and find worm-type organisms living near thermal ducts. What does that mean for Christianity?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Its funny. I was seriously considering starting a thread for discussing what implications extraterrestrial life would have on religion before starting this one.

Let's say we send a probe up to Europa, dig through the ice, and find worm-type organisms living near thermal ducts. What does that mean for Christianity?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Trilogy

Here is a picture of the surface of Europa. OK, just kidding. It's a real picture of Mars. No science fiction here. This is a actual picture of another planet.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

It is what it is...

By the way, it's cryptozoology.

+ Reply to Thread