+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars.gov

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Cars.gov

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Some info about the "cash for clunkers" program improving gas mileage.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-off...&asset=&ccode=

I say finance the program until people don't have any more clunkers they want to trade in.

Salty it is a liberal idea. It can't work!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    Salty it is a liberal idea. It can't work!
    Actually, it is a very conservative idea that is skewed to help the UAW. Giving people their money back, in the forms of tax breaks, tax refunds or cash for clunkers, is definietely something a conservative could support. Now, just give back that money directly back to the taxpayers and you have an instant stimulus across the board.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Actually, it
    is a very conservative idea that is skewed to help the UAW.
    Giving people their money back, in the forms of tax breaks, tax refunds or cash for clunkers, is definietely something a conservative could support. Now, just give back that money directly back to the taxpayers and you have an instant stimulus across the board.

Well, why are the republicans the ones hinting at maybe not voting for it?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    Well, why are the republicans the ones hinting at maybe not voting for it?

Because it is an unfair subsidy. Give it back to the taxpayers and let them spend it. Everyone doesn't want or need a new car.

Because it is an unfair subsidy. Give it back to the taxpayers and let them spend it. Everyone doesn't want or need a new car.

Well I hope every republican votes against it then.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

The problem is that giving money back to the taxpayer doesn't mean that he or she will spend it. The "cash for clunker" does a couple of good policy moves: (1) it improves fleet gasoline mileage so the country imports less oil and it saves on what a family spends on gas, and (2) it helps the auto industry here in the USA survive.

If the gov't gave me $4500 i would just save it or spend me on gasoline for my gas guzzling clunker.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

The problem is that giving money back to the taxpayer doesn't mean that he or she will spend it. The "cash for clunker" does a couple of good policy moves: (1) it improves fleet gasoline mileage so the country imports less oil and it saves on what a family spends on gas, and (2) it helps the auto industry here in the USA survive.

If the gov't gave me $4500 i would just save it.

And the unions.

Just cut taxes.

If the gov't gave me $4500 i would just save it or spend me on gasoline for my gas guzzling clunker.

Who cares about the auto industry Salty. Let them rot!:icon_wink:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is an incentive I can relate to ...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...ef=videosearch

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

If you go to the cars website, the privacy waiver that you click gives the gov permission to take all the files on your computer for any reason.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    If you go to the cars website, the privacy waiver that you click gives the gov permission to take all the files on your computer for any reason.
    Sounds like an idea Obama stole from W.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Doesn't make it right. Also it states thatthey can share that information with any government agency,foreign or domestic

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    If I google for cars.gov privacy waiver, all I see is links to Glenn Beck stories and this thread. Oh wait, because he said "waiver" instead of "policy"... thats hilarious.

Completely retarded, but hilarious.

Searching for the privacy POLICY I foundthis from the EFF:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/08...-terms-service

And maybe duckbillplatty will come on here to tell you the EFF isnt going to be a "liberal" media source on this one, and if they say Glenn Beck is wrong and over-reacting and outright lying, then the EFF is right.

The EFF attacks the poorly worded policy as much as they do Fox News's hilariously incorrect reporting.

But I do think it just goes to show how much you guys will buy what Fox News tells you without even thinking about it. It's incredibly sad, really.

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Nope, its an idea Glenn Beck stole from Rush Limbaugh: Lie to your listeners, and they will believe you without checking the story's veracity. The site does not, and never did, give the government that power.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    If I google for cars.gov privacy waiver, all I see is links to Glenn Beck stories and this thread. Oh wait, because he said "waiver" instead of "policy"... thats hilarious.

Completely retarded, but hilarious.

Searching for the privacy POLICY I foundthis from the EFF:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/08...-terms-service

And maybe duckbillplatty will come on here to tell you the EFF isnt going to be a "liberal" media source on this one, and if they say Glenn Beck is wrong and over-reacting and outright lying, then the EFF is right.

The EFF attacks the poorly worded policy as much as they do Fox News's hilariously incorrect reporting.

But I do think it just goes to show how much you guys will buy what Fox News tells you without even thinking about it. It's incredibly sad, really.

Actually that is only partly right, the article on Beck's website from transcripts mention that he said it was only accesible to the dealers. The lawyer was wrong and he went along with it. But as EFF provides confirmation, the agreement did exist for a time.

+ Reply to Thread