+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Facts about the healthcare debate?

  1. #1
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,385

    Facts about the healthcare debate?

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090802/...are_fact_check

    You decide....

    I will say this, as I posted elsewhere, about "free will" comes with a price tag, we are all ultimately responsible for our situations. Sometimes we innocently make decisions, or choose paths, that seem like a great idea at the time. I have made some career choices, for instance, that with the benefit of hindsight, I should have "zigged" when I "zagged." Oh well, water under the bridge now. I sure ain't blaming others or asking others to fill a gap for me now.

    We (my wife and I) have carefully orchestrated our personal (household) finances since before we were married, actually, following sound business principles. We run our household like a small business. We pay a fairly hefty monthly premium for our health insurance. But we have excellent health insurance. This choice comes with a price tag, namely, it makes it difficult to also carry hefty car notes. So, we have opted to keep our vehicles as long as possible, saving money, and then pay cash for a good pre-owned vehicle. You see....choices....trade-offs....planning.

    Enough about us, I think you see the point.

  2. #2
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,385

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    The world in which we live: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090803/...less_grad_sues

    A real sense of entitlement, eh. This story dovetails with the whole housing/healthcare debates. Americans have come to believe that someone owes them something, just because they exist. In this case, this woman thinks the college owes her a job, shheeesh!


  3. #3
    Champ FriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant future FriscoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    I don't post blogger info, but in this case, his statements are easy to verify since he quotes page specific information as it relates to the healthcare bill. Truly scary what is buried in this bill.




    Peter Fleckenstein, a blogger and former Marine from Phoenix, Arizona,
    > is going through the ObamaCare bill page by page and highlighting the
    > provisions he finds there.
    >
    > Clearly, Fleckenstein has struck a nerve. His list, originally
    > published as a series of Twitter posts, has gone viral via email.
    > Within days, the liberal fascists published his personal information
    > on Twitter as a means to silence him. Fleckenstein promises legal action.
    >
    > It’s easy to see why the liberals are tripping over themselves to
    > suppress the information Fleckenstein unearthed. At its best, the
    > information Fleckenstein culled from the bowels of the ObamaCare bill are absurd.
    > When you really understand what the ObamaCare bill is and what
    > Congress and Obama are trying to do with it, however, it turns from
    > absurd to nearly terrifying.
    >
    > Information has been taken from different sources for formatting
    > purposes but verified back to Fleckenstein’s original work.
    > Fleckenstein’s blog is
    > here: http://blog.flecksoflife.com/
    >
    > • Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
    > • Page 29: Admission:your health care will be rationed!
    > • Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and
    > benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals
    > process) • Page 42: The “Health Choices Commissioner” will decide
    > health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
    > • Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with
    > free healthcare services.
    > • Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
    > • Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access
    > to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
    > • Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community
    > organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW andACORN) • Page 72: All
    > private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to
    > participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
    > • Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the
    > Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
    > • Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for
    > services;
    > translation: illegal aliens
    > • Page 95: The Government will pay ACORNand Americorps to sign up
    > individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
    > • Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled:
    > you have no choice in the matter.
    > • Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No
    > “judicial review” is permitted against the government monopoly. Put
    > simply, private insurers will be crushed.
    > • Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
    > • Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the
    > government-run public plan. No alternatives.
    > • Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time
    > employees AND their families.
    > • Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does
    > not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll • Page 150:
    > Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer
    > the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll • Page 167: Any
    > individual who doesn’t’ have acceptable healthcare (according to the
    > government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
    > • Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual
    > taxes(Americans will pay for them).
    > • Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare
    > Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
    > • Page 203: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated
    > as tax.” Yes, it really says that.
    > • Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors
    > and the poor most affected.”
    > • Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be
    > paid the same (thanks, AMA!) • Page 253: Government sets value of
    > doctors’ time, their professional judgment, etc.
    > • Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private
    > healthcare industries.
    > • Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven
    > wheelchairs.
    > • Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
    > • Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems
    > preventable re-admissions.
    > • Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial
    > admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
    > • Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing
    > in healthcare companies!
    > • Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot
    > expand without government approval.
    > • Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on “community” input: in other
    > words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
    > • Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures:
    > i.e., rationing.
    > • Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage
    > Plans, HMOs, etc.
    > • Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS
    > individuals.
    > • Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee
    > (healthcare by phone).
    > • Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior
    > Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
    > • Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living
    > wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in
    > estate taxes ahead of time.
    > • Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life
    > resources, guiding you in death.
    > • Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life
    > treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
    > • Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate
    > treatment as patient’s health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER
    > for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
    > • Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may
    > have at end-of-life.
    > • Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for
    > ACORN.
    > • Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs
    > for ACORN.
    > • Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy.
    > Government intervenes in your marriage.
    > • Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining,
    > creating and rationing those services.
    > * PG 502 Line 5-18 Government builds the “Center” to conduct, support,
    > & synthesize research to define our HealthCare Services.
    > * PG 502 Section 1181 Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research
    > Established. – Hello Big Brother – Literally.
    > * PG 503 Line 13-19 Government will build registries and data networks
    > from YOUR electronic medical records.
    > * PG 503 Line 21-25 Government may secure data directly from any
    > department or agency of the US including your data.
    > * PG 504 Line 6-10 The “Center” will collect data both published &
    > unpublished (that means public & your private info)
    > * PG 506 Line 19-21 The Center will recommend policies that would
    > allow for public access of data.
    > * PG 518 Line 21-25 The Commission will have input from HealthCare
    > consumer reps – Can you say unions & ACORN?
    > * PG 524 18-22 Comparative Effectiveness Research Trust Fund set up.
    > More taxes for ALL.
    > * PGs 525-620 deals with the Govt basically taking over nursing homes,
    > long-term care facilities (think assisted living) through regulations
    > of the facilities, the owners of sd facilities, the employees of sd
    > facilities and even the land owners of that sd facilities reside on.
    > Additionally as you read these 90+ pages you can come to the
    > conclusion that any Health related services will be determined and
    > rationed by the Govt for our senior citizens and others in nursing
    > homes. This one post should do enough to raise awareness of the
    > control the Govt is exerting over the older population of American citizens.
    > * PG 620 Line 1-9 The Government will define, prioritize, and
    > nationalize your Health Care Services.
    > * PG 621 Lines 20-25 Government will define what Quality means in
    > HealthCare. Since when does Government know about quality?
    > * PG 622 Lines 2-9 To pay for the quality Standards Government will
    > transfer $$ from to other Government Trust Funds. More Taxes.
    > * PG 624 “Quality” measures shall be designed to assess outcomes &
    > functional status of patients.
    > * PG 628 Section 1443 Government will give “Multi-Stake Holders”
    > Pre-Rule Making input into Selection of “Quality” Measures.
    > * PG 630 9-24/631 1-9 Those Multi-stake holder groups including Unions
    > & groups like ACORN deciding HealthCare quality.
    > * PG 632 Lines 14-25 The Government may implement any “Quality
    > measure” of HealthCare Services as they see fit.
    > * PG 633 14-25/ 634 1-9 The Secretary may issue non-endorsed “Quality
    > Measures” for Physician Services & Dialysis Services.
    > * PG 635 – 653 Physicians Payments Sunshine Provision – Government
    > wants to shine sunlight on Docs but not Government.
    > * PG 654-659 Public Reporting on Health Care-Associated Infections –
    > Looks okay.
    > * PG 660-671 Doctors in Residency – Government will tell you where
    > your residency will be, thus where you’ll live.
    > * PG 676-686 Government will regulate hospitals in EVERY aspect of
    > residency programs, including teaching hospitals.
    > * PG 686-700 Increased Funding to Fight Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. You
    > mean the Government with an $18 mil website?
    > * PGs 701-704 Section 1619 If your part of HealthCare plan that isn’t
    > in Government HealthCare Exchange but you qualify for Federal aid, no
    > payment.
    > * PG 705-709 SEC. 1128 If Secretary gets complaints (ACORN)on
    > HealthCare provider or supplier, Government can do background check.
    > * PG 711 Lines 8-14 The Secretary has broad powers to deny HealthCare
    > providers/suppliers admittance into HealthCare Exchange.
    > * Pg 719-720 Section 1637 ANY Doctor who orders durable medical
    > equipment or home medical services MUST be enrolled in Medicare.
    > * PG 722 Section 1639 Government Mandates Doctors must have
    > face-to-face with patient to certify patient for Home Health Services.
    > * PG 724 23-25 PG 725 1-5 The same Government certifications will
    > apply to medicaid & CHIP (your kids)Pg 735 lines 16-25 For law
    > enforcement purposes,the Secretary of Health & Human Services will
    > give Attorney General access to ALL data.
    > * PG 724 Lines 16-22 Government reserves right to apply face-to-face
    > certification for patient to ANY other HealthCare service.
    > * PG 740-757 Government sets guidelines for subsidizing the uninsured
    > (That’s your tax dollars peeps) Pg 757-762 Fed Government will shift
    > burden of payments to Disproportionate Share Hospitals (DSH) to
    > States. (Taxes)
    > * PG 763 1-8 No DS/EA hospitals will be paid unless they provide
    > services without regard to national origin
    > * Pg 765 Section 1711 Government will requirePreventative Services
    > including vaccines. (Choice?)
    > * Pg 768 Section 1713 Government – Nursing Home Visitation Services
    > (Hello union paybacks)
    > * Pg 769 11-14 Nurseing Home Visit Services include-economic
    > self-sufficiency, employment advancement, school-readiness.
    > * Pg 769 3-5 Nursing Home Visit Services – “increasing birth intervals
    > between pregnancies.” Government Abortions anyone?
    > * Pg 770 SEC 1714 Federal Government mandates eligibility for State
    > Family Planning Services. Say abortion & State Sovereign.
    > * Pg 789-797 Government will set & mandate drug prices, controlling
    > which drugs will brought to market. Goodbye innovation.
    > * Pgs 797-800 SEC. 1744 PAYMENTS for grad medical education. The
    > government will now control Drs education.
    > * PG 801 Sec 1751 The Government will decide which Health care
    > conditions will be paid. Say RATION!
    > * Pg 810 SEC. 1759. Billing Agents, clearinghouses, etc. required to
    > register. Government takes over private payment system.
    > * PG 820-824 Sec 1801 Government will identify individuals ineligible
    > for subsidies. Will access all personal finances.
    > * Pg 824-829 SEC. 1802. Government Sets up Comparative Effectiveness
    > Research Trust Fund. Another tax black hole.
    > * PG 829-833 Government will impose a fee on ALL private health
    > insurance plans including self insured to pay for Trust Fund!
    > * PG 835 11-13 fees imposed by Government for Trust Fund shall be
    > treated as if they were taxes.
    > * Pg 838-840 Government will design & implement Home Visitation
    > Program for families with young kids & families expecting kids.
    > * PG 844-845 This Home Visitation Program includes Government coming
    > into your house & telling you how to parent!!!
    > * Pg 859 Government will establish a Public Health Fund at a cost of
    > $88,800,000,000. Yes thats Billion.
    > * PG 865 to 876 The NHS Corps is a program where Drs. perform
    > mandatory HealthCare for 2 years for part loan repayment.
    > * PG 876-892 The Government takes over the education of our Medical
    > students and Drs.
    > * PG 898 The Government will establish a Public Health Workforce
    > Corps. to ensure supply of public health professionals.
    > * PG 898 The Public health workforce corps shall consist of civilian
    > employees of the U.S. as Secretary deems.
    > * PG 898 The Public health workforce corps shall consist of officers
    > of Regular & Reserve Corps of Service.
    > * PG 900 The Public Health Workforce Corps includes veterinarians.
    > * PG 901 The Public Health Workforce Corps WILL include commissioned
    > Regular & Reserve Officers. HealthCare Draft?
    > * PG 910 The Government will develop, build & run Public Health
    > Training Centers.
    > * PG 913-914 Government starts a HealthCare affirmative action program
    > thru guise of diversity scholarships.
    > * PG 915 SEC. 2251. Government MANDATES Cultural & linguistic
    > competency training for HealthCare professionals.
    > * Pg 932 The Government will establish Preventative & Wellness Trust
    > fund – initial cost of $30,800,000,000-Billion.
    > * PG 935 21-22 Government will identify specific goals & objectives
    > for prevention & wellness activities. Control You!!
    > * PG 936 Government will develop “Healthy People & National Public
    > Health Performance Standards” Tell me what to eat?
    > * PG 942 Lines 22-25 More Government? Offices of Surgeon General
    > -Public Health Services, Minority Health, Women’s Health.
    > * PG 950- 980 BIG Government core public health infrastructure
    > includes workforce capacity, lab systems; health information systems,
    > etc
    > * PG 993 Government will establish school based health clinics.Your
    > kids won't have a chance.
    > * PG 994 School Based Health Clinics will be integrated into the
    > school environment. Say Government Brainwash!
    > * PG 1001 The Government will establish a National Medical Device
    > Registry. Will you be tracked?
    > * PG 1003 9-11 National Medical Dev Reg ‘‘(iii) other postmarket
    > device surveillance activities” you WILL be tracked.
    > * PG 1018 States give up some of their State Sovereignty

  4. #4
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,280

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Of course nobody will read this bill.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

  5. #5
    Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I don't post blogger info, but in this case, his statements are easy to verify since he quotes page specific information as it relates to the healthcare bill. Truly scary what is buried in this bill.
    Sorry- he may be quoting specific page #s but he is distorting what those pages say. Basically, this chain email is some idiot who doesnt actually understand the bill, and propogated by other idiots who havent actually read the bill to check his facts. Just like every other conservative chain email full of misinformation, lies, and exaggerations that are never checked out by their target audience and believed wholesale.

    http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/...bill.html#more

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-..._b_249354.html

    Difference between Republican chain emails and liberal rebuttals? the rebuttals actually show the wording so you can decide for yourself... Big surprise that the republican chain email only TELLS you what they INTERPRET it to say, hoping you never go check the facts for yourself.

  6. #6
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,280

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Difference between Republican chain emails and liberal rebuttals? the rebuttals actually show the wording so you can decide for yourself... Big surprise that the republican chain email only TELLS you what they INTERPRET it to say, hoping you never go check the facts for yourself.
    The rebuttal didn't exactly provide quotes to everything it attempted to rebut. What percentage of the Senate/House do you think will actually read this? What about O - do you think he will read it?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

  7. #7
    Champ FriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant future FriscoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Sorry- he may be quoting specific page #s but he is distorting what those pages say. Basically, this chain email is some idiot who doesnt actually understand the bill, and propogated by other idiots who havent actually read the bill to check his facts. Just like every other conservative chain email full of misinformation, lies, and exaggerations that are never checked out by their target audience and believed wholesale.

    http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/...bill.html#more

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-..._b_249354.html

    Difference between Republican chain emails and liberal rebuttals? the rebuttals actually show the wording so you can decide for yourself... Big surprise that the republican chain email only TELLS you what they INTERPRET it to say, hoping you never go check the facts for yourself.

    Here is the problem I have.. If the Bills are written so vague that you can interpret their meaning then it is not a good bill and should be voted down. The Bills should be very specific as to what they are including and not including. I have to do this every day when I write a project charter. I make very specific descriptions of what is included in the project, but sometimes even more critical is what is not included in the project. When you are looking to take over 20% of our overall economy, I think you need to be a little more specific on what you are wanting to do. Alot of people bash talk radio, especially conservative talk radio, but I think for the first time in this country's history the people are actually holding Congress accountable for what they do in Washington, and expect them to listen to what they are saying back home and represent them accordingly.

  8. #8
    Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Here is the problem I have.. If the Bills are written so vague that you can interpret their meaning then it is not a good bill and should be voted down.
    I dont think the issue is that theyre vague. I think the issue is that the guy who tweeted that list of problems with the bill is either an idiot or deliberately mis-interpreted the bill to continue scaring conservatives into thinking it's a bad thing.

    Either way, the bill doesnt seem like the problem. The Party of No + Blue Dog Democrats(being funded by insurance companies) are the problem. Fox News was perpetuating the myth of rationing to the point of letting old people die. That is nowhere in the bill, and it is shameful that a "news" outlet would lie to old people in such a way to scare them into changing their opinion on health care.

  9. #9
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44,139

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 08-04-2009 at 10:54 AM.

  10. #10
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,280

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Here is the problem I have.. If the Bills are written so vague that you can interpret their meaning then it is not a good bill and should be voted down.
    Vague legislation makes me money. This one sentence is what keeps my days and nights busy:

    "A patent may not be obtained...if the differences between the subject matter sought to be patented and the prior art are such that the subject matter as a whole would have been obvious at the time the invention was made to a person having ordinary skill in the art to which said subject matter pertains."
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

  11. #11
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,280

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Fox News was perpetuating the myth of rationing to the point of letting old people die. That is nowhere in the bill, and it is shameful that a "news" outlet would lie to old people in such a way to scare them into changing their opinion on health care.
    I don't know what Fox News said - I still refuse to watch that. BUT, rationing will occur if greater access is provided. That is simple economics even if the bill doesn't specifically mandate rationing. Moreover, if a public insurance option happens, I can guarantee you that private insurance will disappear in the not-too-distant future. That is also a matter of simple economics.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

  12. #12
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    44,853

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    I can guarantee you that private insurance will disappear in the not-too-distant future. That is also a matter of simple economics.

    One of the BHO and Co desires. More govt. control is what this is about.
    __________________
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  13. #13
    Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I don't know what Fox News said - I still refuse to watch that. BUT, rationing will occur if greater access is provided. That is simple economics even if the bill doesn't specifically mandate rationing.
    Right... because government programs are so efficient, they always limit themselves to what they can spend... they would never spend more than they could afford...
    Moreover, if a public insurance option happens, I can guarantee you that private insurance will disappear in the not-too-distant future. That is also a matter of simple economics.
    Right, UPS, DHL, and FedEx are things of the past, thanks to the monopoly that is the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE.

    Private insurance will not disappear. It will just have to adapt and become *gasp* more efficient, effective, and affordable. In other words- they may have to actually bring their costs down and COVER people and provide actual CUSTOMER SERVICE.

    THE HORROR

  14. #14
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    17,280

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Right... because government programs are so efficient, they always limit themselves to what they can spend... they would never spend more than they could afford...
    Seriously, you really want to debate this? Health care is not something that can be created out of thin air (like our money supply). It requires doctors, and we don't have enough general practitioners, as is, to meet the expected demand. Provide more access, and cut costs (including doc salaries) and we are going to be in even more pain.

    Right, UPS, DHL, and FedEx are things of the past, thanks to the monopoly that is the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE.

    Private insurance will not disappear. It will just have to adapt and become *gasp* more efficient, effective, and affordable. In other words- they may have to actually bring their costs down and COVER people and provide actual CUSTOMER SERVICE.

    THE HORROR
    Insurance is different. You can't compete with the government because (1) they can run in the red for many years, and (2) they don't buy reinsurance for risk. Government health insurance is just redistribution of wealth where the tax base covers the deficiency and risk. No one can compete with the government on price for a "financial product" - they hold all the economic cards and can make privates jump over whatever hurdles they want.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

  15. #15
    Champ FriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant futureFriscoDog has a brilliant future FriscoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Facts about the healthcare debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Right... because government programs are so efficient, they always limit themselves to what they can spend... they would never spend more than they could afford...

    Right, UPS, DHL, and FedEx are things of the past, thanks to the monopoly that is the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE.

    Private insurance will not disappear. It will just have to adapt and become *gasp* more efficient, effective, and affordable. In other words- they may have to actually bring their costs down and COVER people and provide actual CUSTOMER SERVICE.

    THE HORROR

    Actually you make a good point. If the USPS was so good and efficient and better than the private sector and could do it cheaper, then why does UPS, and FedEX flourish? Why does the USPS need to continue to raise postal rates because of falling demand?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts