+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silver Star Awarded to Soldier w/Tech Roots

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Silver Star Awarded to Soldier w/Tech Roots

Pretty sure this young man's Dad is a Tech guy...

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...=2009907250313

Anybody know the family?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: Silver Star Awarded to Soldier w/Tech Roots

Wow! He should have gotten at least a Service Cross for that. Kind of nuts that he probably would have recieved a Medal of Honor if he had jumped on the grenade and died instead of throwing it back and continue fighting!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

While stationed on the "gunline" in the Gulf of Tonkin near the DMZ in 1972, our ship came under attack by a North Vietnamese Army artillery unit. We were about 1000 yards from shore. Normal operating procedure was to tuck tail and run to safety.

The office on deck was Lt. Curtis. He had the "con". Lt. Curtis decided to go into shore with our 5" 54 cal. gun blazing. We zig-zagged into dangerously shallow water but managed to silence the artillery position. He saved our ass and a multi-million dollar ship. He was awarded the Silver Star for this.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

You military people, especially those that have served in combat situations, are truly amazing to me. You all deserve a healthy and hearty thanks from everyone. I honestly don't believe I could handle 1/4 of what you all have had to deal with. Thanks to you all from a former anti-military liberal.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Awesome!

no that's

AWESOME!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You military people, especially those that have served in combat situations, are truly amazing to me. You all deserve a healthy and hearty thanks from everyone. I honestly don't believe I could handle 1/4 of what you all have had to deal with. Thanks to you all from a former anti-military liberal.
    Thanks, Dirty. I was a bitter draftee who joined the Navy instead of going into the Army after receiving my "greetings from the President of the United States" (draft notice). All I wanted was to serve my time and get about putting my Tech degree to work. The time at war I spent made me a better man. We all did what we had to do, but I spent time in a very unpopular war. All I know was those bullets they were shooting at me were real.

It's always sobering to walk a mile in another's shoes to really understand what people are made to do, and what they are capable of doing. Even a "former anti-military liberal" can see that!! Thanks for the comment.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Thanks, Dirty. I was a bitter draftee who joined the Navy instead of going into the Army after receiving my "greetings from the President of the United States" (draft notice). All I wanted was to serve my time and get about putting my Tech degree to work. The time at war I spent made me a better man. We all did what we had to do, but I spent time in a very unpopular war. All I know was those bullets they were shooting at me were real.

It's always sobering to walk a mile in another's shoes to really understand what people are made to do, and what they are capable of doing. Even a "former anti-military liberal" can see that!! Thanks for the comment.
    You're more than welcome. Even when I was in college and truly liberal and considered myself "anti-military", it wasn't that I didn't like our troops. I was one of those who was foolish enough to think we would be better in a big scale down. For what it's worth, even back then I thought the Vietnam Vets weren't treated with the respect they should have gotten and thought you all got a raw deal. One of the gifts God has given me is that I am very empathic to one's situation, and although I don't know exactly what that person has gone through, my imagination is strong enough that I can closely imagine, and as I said, I know for a fact put in the situation many of you were placed, there'd be no dirtydawg or dirtylegacies pulling for the Dogs. You guys are truly my heroes.

+ Reply to Thread