+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Depression

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Depression

I heard a guy talking on TV about things you'd want to have on hand if things got really bad. One thing he said that made sense was to have all of your cash reserves on hand in one dollar bills. If things get bad enough, a one dollar bill will be worth the same as a twenty because most people won't be able or willing to make change. Dry food stocks (rice, beans, etc) have a real enemy in humidity. Unless you can be sure that you can keep them dry, you may be better off with canned foods. Ammo, of course, will be necessary but you'd better have it on hand now as it will be one of the hardest things to get your hands on if things turn ugly. Having said this, I have not personally made any survival preparations other than my normal hurricane readiness. I work with a guy that lives in Kenner. He has never been hunting in his life. He just bought himself a 223 assault rifle with 500 rounds of ammo. I'm starting to wonder if more people than I realize are making preparations for the aftermath of an economic collapse.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Re: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I heard a guy talking on TV about things you'd want to have on hand if things got really bad. One thing he said that made sense was to have all of your cash reserves on hand in one dollar bills. If things get bad enough, a one dollar bill will be worth the same as a twenty because most people won't be able or willing to make change. Dry food stocks (rice, beans, etc) have a real enemy in humidity. Unless you can be sure that you can keep them dry, you may be better off with canned foods. Ammo, of course, will be necessary but you'd better have it on hand now as it will be one of the hardest things to get your hands on if things turn ugly. Having said this, I have not personally made any survival preparations other than my normal hurricane readiness. I work with a guy that lives in Kenner. He has never been hunting in his life. He just bought himself a 223 assault rifle with 500 rounds of ammo. I'm starting to wonder if more people than I realize are making preparations for the aftermath of an economic collapse.
    what source have you been watching?...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Do like the Mormons, have a crap load of canned goods on hand, and have barrels of wheat and other dry storage products, including fuel. Ask a Mormon, they will tell you what you need after an absolute collapse of life as we know it.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I've got a huge garden, river to fish in, and lots of ammo to shoot pillagers with. Not saying that I think it's going to happen, but in light of whats happening in the world right now, everyone should be prepared. Oh, I almost forgot. I also have about 50 head of cattle.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

The cities will be absolute hell holes. The country folks will close the roads into their communties and will stay organized.

So the best thing to do is have a place in the country.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    The cities will be absolute hell holes. The country folks will close the roads into their communties and will stay organized.

So the best thing to do is have a place in the country.
    Right on. My wife keeps bugging me to move to the city but I aint havin none of it. I think we are perfectly positioned where we are to ride this thing out should it happen. If you want tosee just how fast society can breakdown, just look at New Orleans after Katrina.

+ Reply to Thread