+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the next change?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

What's the next change?

Healthcare will eventually get passed, cap and tax will get passed....but what is next?

I can't help but think that they won't slow down...so we might as well plan ahead.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Re: What's the next change?

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Healthcare will eventually get passed, cap and tax will get passed....but what is next?

I can't help but think that they won't slow down...so we might as well plan ahead.

Fairness Doctrine

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Fairness Doctrine
    Not only fairness doctrine, but it will be part of a larger Liberal Re-Education bill, where we pass a fairness doctrine, take away all guns everywhere, force everyone to drink French wine and listen to Phish, and arrest anyone who reads Atlas Shrugged. Oh, and every one will be issued a Toyota Prius.

But dont let anyone know I spilled the beans...this is super-secret stuff.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I appreciate the humor, but DB, what do you think is next?

Will Obama stand up and say how urgent it is to PASS IT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I'll take the Toyota Prius only thanks!!!

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

I dont think there will be anymore HUGE initiatives, mainly overseeing things like Iraq/Afghanistan and focusing on getting troops out of one and into the other, and watching over the economy some more...

If there was going to be a huge thing after healthcare, I would guess it will be a 2nd stimulus. Which I dont think is necessary yet (and probably wont be introduced til late this year/early next year, if at all), since the first one still has a lot of money coming out in 2010... but if they do make a 2nd one, I say screw bi-partisanship, and make the full $700bil spending, and not some hybrid of spending/tax-cuts as a compromise that Republicans will just vote no on anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    I dont think there will be anymore HUGE initiatives, mainly overseeing things like Iraq/Afghanistan and focusing on getting troops out of one and into the other, and watching over the economy some more...

If there was going to be a huge thing after healthcare, I would guess it will be a 2nd stimulus. Which I dont think is necessary yet (and probably wont be introduced til late this year/early next year, if at all), since the first one still has a lot of money coming out in 2010... but if they do make a 2nd one, I say screw bi-partisanship, and make the full $700bil spending, and not some hybrid of spending/tax-cuts as a compromise that Republicans will just vote no on anyways.
    You know that Congress has to work on something all the time....a second stimulus does make sense (for them).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 08-07-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Cap and tax will be aimed at them already.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

To me, it may which industry they'll go after next. It's been Finance, Automobile, Tobacco, Oil and Gas, ...? Maybe agriculture?

It could also be that the next major undertaking is a revamping of the tax code. Make it more progressive (or oppressive would be more accurate) in order to help pay for all this BS without bankrupting the nation even more. Plus they are kind of burning out here. They need cash to do anything else... or maybe they'll just fire up the printers again...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

phone and internet companies... or just telecommunications all together.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I hope they nationalize the drug and sex industries so we can finally get a balanced budget.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I hope they nationalize the drug and sex industries so we can finally get a balanced budget.
    but salty- Republicans dont want to get taxed even more.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post

No, they won't slow down if healthcare and cap/tax is passed. Don't give up, I don't think either piece of legislation will pass. The American people are beginning to wake up to the fact that the biggest mistake in American history was made in November, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    The American people are beginning to wake up to the fact that the biggest mistake in American history was made in November, 2008.
    Keep pushing that. The polls wont back you up though (once you break down the cross tabs, the only group that has "woken up" is Republicans- and thats because Rush tells them to hate Obama)

+ Reply to Thread