+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Care Myths

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Health Care Myths

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/11/news...ion=2009081209

A couple of highlights:

The reason we buy loads of unnecessary health-care services is not the fee-for-service system, which we use to buy almost all services. It's that we aren't paying with our own money. Only 12% of U.S. health-care spending is out-of-pocket, a proportion that has been falling for decades.

If each of us controlled more of the money that's being spent on our behalf for health care, we can be certain it would be spent more carefully, on services directly or on insurance that covers those services.

Don't let reform partisans tell you how they'd eliminate fee-for-service; make them tell you how they'd let consumers direct more of their own health-care spending.
    Glad to see this idea is picking up steam in the media.

The Obama administration has stated flatly that "health care will not be rationed" under its plan. So let's be clear on this: Health care will be rationed. It must be. To say otherwise is to say the government can supply it in unlimited quantities to everyone.
    I don't understand why this is such a ahard concept to grasp. The bill doesn't have to talk about rationing - it is an unavoidable economic effect.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Re: Health Care Myths

Wrong forum

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    Wrong forum
    Damn, that is the second time I have done that.

Mods - can you move this. Thanks!
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

A limited supply of healthcare personnel, equipment, and space, which barely keeps up with the demand now, will not be affected by 46 million people flooding the system.

That's what the president told me, and he sounds so good it must be true!

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    A limited supply of healthcare personnel, equipment, and space, which barely keeps up with the demand now, will not be affected by 46 million people flooding the system.
    As opposed to these 46 million people flooding the ER for a flu?

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    bah-h-h...bah-h-h...

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    So youre fine with the current system of health insurance companies rationing care based on whats best for their bottom line, and the uninsured using the ER as their minor-incident care location?

So youre fine with the current system of health insurance companies rationing care based on whats best for their bottom line, and the uninsured using the ER as their minor-incident care location?
    Yes, on the first part. Regarding the second part, they shouldn't get care if they are not paying for it. I am sure you agree unless you are pro-slavery.

Yes, on the first part. Regarding the second part, they shouldn't get care if they are not paying for it. I am sure you agree unless you are pro-slavery.
    How does "The ER must treat everyone" equal slavery?

Or have you officially gone as batshit insane as Tyler?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I would rather a Swiss type system, rather than what Obama is proposing. Hell, the Swiss systme is more free market than the US system by a long shot. It does have some stupid rules that we could tweak, but it is by far better than letting the government actually be a provider. The countries where the government is actually providing care, rather single payer or as an option, it tends to be a disaster (GB, Italy, Norway, Portugal, and Spain). I dont know if we can reduce costs because of the way Americans live, we are more reckless than other cultures, unhealthy lifestyle, drug abuse, vehicle accidents, crime, etc.

How does "The ER must treat everyone" equal slavery?

Or have you officially gone as batshit insane as Tyler?
    What if you are working the ER and someone shows up and you don't feel like treating them? You are forced to do your job per EMTALA. What if I showed up at your office and demanded you make me some sort of web-app but I told you I didn't have money to pay you? Now imagine that there were a law that required you to serve me just because I showed up and requested service. Your service is not voluntary, you are required to perform it; that is slavery.

What if you are working the ER and someone shows up and you don't feel like treating them? You are forced to do your job per EMTALA. What if I showed up at your office and demanded you make me some sort of web-app but I told you I didn't have money to pay you? Now imagine that there were a law that required you to serve me just because I showed up and requested service. Your service is not voluntary, you are required to perform it; that is slavery.
    For that period of time that you are forced to serve the person under threat of loss of your own liberty or property you are, in essence, the property of the person you are serving.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I would rather a Swiss type system, rather than what Obama is proposing

Obama is proposing another government takeover. He obviously doesn't know what's in the bills. If he does, he can't answer a straight up question.

Take his teleprompter away and he is a hopeless.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

As opposed to these 46 million people flooding the ER for a flu?
    Another example of government screwing up healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I would rather a Swiss type system, rather than what Obama is proposing

Obama is proposing another government takeover. He obviously doesn't know what's in the bills. If he does, he can't answer a straight up question.

Take his teleprompter away and he is a hopeless.
    yep

+ Reply to Thread