+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wal-mart

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Wal-mart

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I've got walmart on a list that also includes lsu, vinyl siding, and twitter ...

I acknowledge that there is some purpose for them --

But cant for the life of me figure out why SO many people seem to like them SO dang much.
    I admire their business skillz, but hate shopping there.

Varsity Bulldog dawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I'm all about making a profit, and walmart is the epitome of effective competition, but not at the expense of them imposing government on me with their political pull.
    My sentiments exactly. I don't like that they are promoting Obamacare because it fits with their agenda to not provide for their employees. I shouldn't have to subsidize their workforce through my tax dollars. I hate shopping there because I don't like the rest of the crowd or the complete lack of service. I imagine that depends on the demographics of the location, but here we have a terrible workforce problem. I shop at my only alternative, Kroger. I have heard that they pay significantly more plus benefits and that's how they manage to maintain quality service. But I do pay a little more for my groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    "The company changed with Mr. Walton died, ..."
    I have heard that from older employees as well. They did not previously seek employees that could be kept at earning below the Medicaid/Food stamps line. That is abhorrent. In fairness, the state employees educate the recipients on how to cut their hours to make some money but still keep their benefits. So it isn't just Walmart that does that.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgmom View Post
    I shouldn't have to subsidize their workforce through my tax dollars.
    All of my tax dollars already go to China. I see no need to send my discretionary income there as well.

One more reason to not shop Walmart (save perhaps for emergencies).

I hate shopping there because I don't like the rest of the crowd or the complete lack of service.
    Exactly -- I'm going fight parking lot traffic, shop alongside loud-talking rednecks and their kool-aid-faced kids, and then the check-out clerk will invariably be rude to me. All so I can save 5-10% ??? I guess that's the "cost" of lower prices.

As for me, I'm willing to make seperate trips to Target, Kroger, and the farmer's market just to avoid the great blue devil.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    All of my tax dollars already go to China. I see no need to send my discretionary income there as well.

One more reason to not shop Walmart (save perhaps for emergencies).

Exactly -- I'm going fight parking lot traffic, shop alongside loud-talking rednecks and their kool-aid-faced kids, and then the check-out clerk will invariably be rude to me. All so I can save 5-10% ??? I guess that's the "cost" of lower prices.

As for me, I'm willing to make seperate trips to Target, Kroger, and the farmer's market just to avoid the great blue devil.
    Never thought I'd see the day that Champ967 became class elitist.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day that Champ967 became class elitist.
    Call it whatever you like ...

I do most of the shopping for my family, and I like it to be quiet. Making groceries is about the only time I have alone, and Target / Kroger mid-morning or late at night can be a serene, almost zen-like experience.

The NLR wally-world, on the other hand, is like a 24/7 Middle Eastern street bazaar. (but with rednecks.)

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Here's a tip, don't go to walmart on the 1st and the 15th.

+ Reply to Thread