+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vick Signs With Eagles!!!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Vick Signs With Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Jail is not going to reform a clinical psychopath. They've done studies on serial killers and murderers before. Abusing, torturing and killing animals is the one thing many of them, if not all, have in common. I'm sorry but people like Vick need to be monitored 24hrs a day for the rest of their lives.
    Not to take up for Vick or to knock you Tech88, but animal fighting seems to be something that has happened for as long as the world has been around (cock fighting, bull bating, and the like). I know all of those things are illegal now (in the US at least), but I would not think everyone involved in them were psychopaths. You might have had a lot of people who sat there and watched and enjoyed as part of the crowd. I dont know which Vick was, although he did bankroll it.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I listened to his press conference this morning and still don't think he gets it. What he did was much worse than just a bad decision. Yes, he paid his "debt" to society, which I believe entitles him to fade into obscurity. Instead, he is being placed in a position of celebrity and role model. I wonder how contrite he would be if he did not have an NFL salary at stake.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Not to take up for Vick or to knock you Tech88, but animal fighting seems to be something that has happened for as long as the world has been around (cock fighting, bull bating, and the like). I know all of those things are illegal now (in the US at least), but I would not think everyone involved in them were psychopaths. You might have had a lot of people who sat there and watched and enjoyed as part of the crowd. I dont know which Vick was, although he did bankroll it.
    To me it's not just about the dog fighting. It's the hanging the dogs from trees to kill them. Slamming the dogs on the concrete to kill them. Holding them underwater in his swimming pool to kill them. Electrocuting them with jumper cables to kill them. That's the most f'ed up thing about the whole situation.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    What a wonderful roll model – convicted felon and dog enthusiast!
    I guess the people in Philadelphia are cat people.
    The word gets around, cats don't like him either. Have you ever heard of how they train pit bulls to be vicious. It involves kittens.:bigcry:

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere out there is a mean DL or LB that loves his dogs is just waiting for his shot.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Although I think Dungy's intentions are pure, I hope nobody thinks this situation is about giving a man a second chance. This is a business decision that could prove to be good or bad marketing and could also help or hurt in the W/L column.

Think about how many pro athletes over the years have NEVER been given a second chance while some were given several "second" chances. All those who get the second or more chances were like Vick in that they had potential to help win games and or help put folks in the stands.

I'm sick of the double standard the NFL, NBA, and MLB has for star athletes vs. those who never quite made it big.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Although I think Dungy's intentions are pure, I hope nobody thinks this situation is about giving a man a second chance. This is a business decision that could prove to be good or bad marketing and could also help or hurt in the W/L column.

Think about how many pro athletes over the years have NEVER been given a second chance while some were given several "second" chances. All those who get the second or more chances were like Vick in that they had potential to help win games and or help put folks in the stands.

I'm sick of the double standard the NFL, NBA, and MLB has for star athletes vs. those who never quite made it big.
    Of course, it is a business decision, which is what it should be.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Soap Box Warning

And yet a player and his girlfriend can kill/abort as many human babies as he/she wants, by some of the cruelest methods, and nothing is said.

Sorry but the sad irony drips thick.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Here's my take.

He did his time. He was convicted of a crime, he paid the price for that crime, and he should be allowed to be gainfully employed again.

I hope he does well.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Here's my take.

He did his time. He was convicted of a crime, he paid the price for that crime, and he should be allowed to be gainfully employed again.

I hope he does well.
    I agree but just against the Saints.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I would like to see all the pro leagues come up with a rule that convicted felons are banned for life, but until they do, there will be these sort of situations.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Here's my take.

I hope he does well.
    Yep, you dont usually have to worry about felons getting high paying jobs because they lack good skills usually. Obviously, Michael Vick has a rare talent and special ability, so if someone is willing to take on the other risks associated with him, then so be it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I would like to see all the pro leagues come up with a rule that convicted felons are banned for life, but until they do, there will be these sort of situations.
    One strike and you're would stop a lot of the crap that goes on for sure. Too much money on the line for the owners to ever do that though.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I would hate such a rule. The man has served his time. Let him make a living doing what he is trained to do.

You broke the law.
    It's there for people to see.
    Why should you get the same as honest men like me?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I would hate such a rule. The man has served his time. Let him make a living doing what he is trained to do.

You broke the law.
    It's there for people to see.
    Why should you get the same as honest men like me?
    So you agree with the NFL that it's okay to let them back in if they have potential to make money for the franchise/NFL, but those who hadn't made it big time yet are just to be cast aside.

You seem to sympathize with Vick and giving a second chance. I understand that, but the NFL could care less about his personal life. They want to milk him for all he is worth financially. Nothing more.

+ Reply to Thread