+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vick Signs With Eagles!!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Vick Signs With Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So you agree with the NFL that it's okay to let them back in if they have potential to make money for the franchise/NFL, but those who hadn't made it big time yet are just to be cast aside.

You seem to sympathize with Vick and giving a second chance. I understand that, but the NFL could care less about his personal life. They want to milk him for all he is worth financially. Nothing more.
    I don't get them impression that Sooner's sympathy is for Vick specifically. Rather (correct me if I'm wrong Santiago) ... it seems that Sooner is willing to give the benefit of the doubt to any violator who has, according to the law, served their time and paid their debt.

At least that seems to be his reasoning. And I share it. (big surprise, there!)

But if, in fact, the NFL's reasons for reinstating him are less noble -- why do I care? I don't think anyone here has any illusions regarding the ethical standards of pro-sports these days.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So you agree with the NFL that it's okay to let them back in if they have potential to make money for the franchise/NFL, but those who hadn't made it big time yet are just to be cast aside.

You seem to sympathize with Vick and giving a second chance. I understand that, but the NFL could care less about his personal life. They want to milk him for all he is worth financially. Nothing more.
    My view is not out of sympathy for Vick It is a very strong personal belief that ex-cons need to be allowed to go back to work once they have paid their debt, however the court defines it. In a football setting, that means when the player has paid his debt to society, he should be allowed to play, whether they are a star or not. Of course, there would have to be some common sense such as not putting a child molestor in a pre-school. That is usually covered by parole anyway.

I have no opinion on the NFL's motives.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    My view is not out of sympathy for Vick It is a very strong personal belief that ex-cons need to be allowed to go back to work once they have paid their debt, however the court defines it. In a football setting, that means when the player has paid his debt to society, he should be allowed to play, whether they are a star or not. Of course, there would have to be some common sense such as not putting a child molestor in a pre-school. That is usually covered by parole anyway.

I have no opinion on the NFL's motives.

Given the current setup, I don't have a problem with Vick coming back into the NFL. If the Eagles want him, fine.

I am just saying that playing in the NFL is a privledge, not a right. If the NFL feels that they have a higher obligation since their employees (players) are role models (like it or not), then banning them is certainly an option. Not participating in the NFL does not preclude a player from earning a living, he may just have to do it in a different venue (AFL, Wall Street, car wash, etc.). If this is instituted for the players, then it should also apply to coaches and NFL, Inc. employees as well.

I do want those who have served their time to get second chances, but their previous actions may preclude them from their first choice of vocation.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I always liked to watch Micheal Vick play. I was stunned that anyone in his position could be that stupid and cruel. I hope he is sincere in his regret and his sorrow and I hope he now uses his position and fame for good and not evil. He paid for his crime and I see nothing wrong with a second chance for him. I hope he has learned from this.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

So . . . what happens when the new SPCA spokesman confronts the PETA people and vice versa?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I think the judged sentenced him and he did his time. Let him play. I believe in the power of Jesus. Who am I to say he wasn't touched by the Holy Spirit and isn't a new person right now? To say he isn't sincere is a reach. How would any of us know if he is sincere? To say he can't change is to deny the power of Christ. I am not a judge. His earthly judge already sentenced him. I say let him be.

From a non-Christian viewpoint every person should be paid according to his fair market value. Vick obviously has market value and no one has a right to take that from him. Let him be paid his fair market price.

I happen to think he is over-rated. He throws too many picks, stares down his primary reciever, can't look off DB's and can't read defenses. If Philly wants spend the money to have him run the wildcat and be a third string QB otherwise, than that's their problem. They can spend the money in their salary cap how they want but they still, after all these years, haven't surrounded McNabb with an adequate WR corp. That is where they need to spend their money. (maybe Macklin will become a true #1 WR for them, who knows)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Why blame Vick for the NFL wanting to exploit him? He's just along for the ride. You tellin' me you wouldn't bilk a few million from someone to be used when it's not "against" your morals?
    Plus, he owes a lot of people a lot of money. And he has a lot of leeches to deal with too.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

I like the sign I saw one of the protesters carrying: Hide your beagle, Vick's an Eagle. Perhaps it is because I am a smarta**?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    I like the sign I saw one of the protesters carrying: Hide your beagle, Vick's an Eagle. Perhaps it is because I am a smarta**?
    I still like the one my friend made a few years back for the return to the Dome Saints Falcons game:

Clap for Ron Mexico

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

You can now buy a customized Vick jersey for your dog. That is too classic. I think the NFL might be getting a little overzealous with their pushing of this, but this is hilarious and stupid to me.

+ Reply to Thread