+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Save yourself....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Save yourself....

Original was a remake of Salem's Lot

Looking forward to Money Ball...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Looking forward to Money Ball...
    Same here.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Straw Dogs... There is no reason at all to see the current release. The original was a masterpiece. The current release is... pathetic.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

girl with the red dragon tattoo

who has seen it?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    girl with the red dragon tattoo

who has seen it?
    Are you talking about the "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"? If so, I've seen the original per the advice of the wife and actually enjoyed it. The second and particularly the third installment were not near as good. Now with the American remake, I plan on taking the wife on Monday. There was a lot of violence in the original and it is said that Craig had trouble with the violence in this version so on that note I'm looking forward to it.

Movie Comments: Was a pretty good movie but I understood the European version better than the American version. Kind of slow at the beginning. Followed the book well but the new version wrapped things up very quickly unlike the older version. Emphasis more on Daniel Craigs character than Rooney Mara's character, which is basically opposite the older version. Violence was about the same between the versions (actually the original was a little more intense than the new version IMO).
    Last edited by LABulldog; 12-28-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added movie comments

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The new Lliam Neeson film "the Grey" Is gonna be awesome!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    True Grit

It has a few funny lines and scenes, but that is the only good thing about it. Bridges and Damon didn't really take their characters too seriously. Their "accents" sucked and is very distracting. Most of Bridges dialogue is unintelligible (intentional or not), I'm not sure, but not likely). Damon forgets he bit his half his tongue off most of the movie. The only "action" seemed to of last maybe 20 minutes, and it wasn't even much of an action sequence. It's just a long movie of a whiny, bratty 14-year old where "lawyer" and "my daddy" are every other word out of her mouth. The ending was just atrocious. Just not really worth spending the $20 to go to the theater when you can spend $5 on renting it and making you own popcorn and drinks. Needless to say, this isn't one book based movie where I go check out the book.
    i know i'm dragging up an old thread, but i just saw this for the first time. the review above does not do it justice. it was the worst movie i've seen since twilight. the original was not exactly my favorite john wayne movie, but it certainly deserved better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I liked True Grit. Totally different than the original, but I mean it was pretty standard Coens stuff as far as the dialogue goes. You know what you get going in to those.

Matt Damon was awesome in his role of Every Texan I've Ever Met
    i disagree with pretty much every word of this^. it was nothing like the best of the coens. every actor sounded like they were reciting shakespeare (bridges with circus peanuts in his mouth). with just a few changes (including the ending) it was scene-for-scene the same as the original, but cut out some of the best lines. sometimes it looked like they might be trying to be funny, but the comic timing was thrown off by the actors' forced delivery. the only improvement over the original was that the landscape actually almost looked like oklahoma, but that was ruined by the fact that nobody sounded like they were from arkansas or texas.

terrible, terrible movie.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Blade Runner 2049

Two major complaints:
    1) It doesn't tell a coherent or cognizant story. Doesn't really tell a story at all. It has many threads of many stories and doesn't complete any of them.
    2) The sound was overbearing and worse in the very obvious parts added for padding. (There is a LOT of padding.) Painfully overbearing a couple of times.

The visuals were great, though.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Went to South Dade High School for 1 1/2 years. She was Misss Miami Beach. I used to mow her lawn and she would sun bath. Her little sister was better looking. Bobby Ewing never saw the best of her. Her dad smoked these huge Brazilian cigars. He gave me one once.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Midway is pretty terrible. Has no idea what story it wants to tell. Barely even hits the basic facts of the Battle of Midway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Midway is pretty terrible. Has no idea what story it wants to tell. Barely even hits the basic facts of the Battle of Midway.
    I knew it would suck when I saw the actors. Can't expect Hollywood to tell a true story now days. Remember beating the Russians to the moon was not important either.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I knew it would suck when I saw the actors. Can't expect Hollywood to tell a true story now days. Remember beating the Russians to the moon was not important either.
    For the most part, the actors did fine with the very obvious crap script and direction they had. Really, this movie wasted most of the talent it had.

Also, this movie was co-produced with a Shanghai (read: Chinese) production company. You can tell where they and Emmerich butted heads in portraying the Japanese. The biggest instance that some may miss...

-//- spoilers -//-

...was a Japanese captain or whatever he was having the Jonas Brother character thrown overboard tied to an anchor for not revealing what ship was from; and a freeze frame mentions the Japanese killing 250,000 Chinese. But then, the film mostly try's to portray the Japanese as noble in their mission and there's a "this film is dedicated to the American and Japanese fighters" type of statement at the end.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The actor reference was about the actors usually taking an anti-America stance in historical events in interviews.

+ Reply to Thread