+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now this makes sense to me...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Now this makes sense to me...

“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Now this makes sense to me...

I'll say this about the whole healthcare debate in general:

whatever form the gov-mint plan takes, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, needs to contribute to their own insurance plan, both in the form of a monthly premium and a co-payment.

Even the lowest of the low, the poorest of the poor, the most down-troddenest of the down-trodden, need to PAY something for their own healthcare insurance. That might be only $25/month with a $5-10 co-payment, but it has to be something for any type of public plan option to work. Otherwise, people tend to "abuse" the system and it ends up not working.

I was in the ER several years back when some woman came in with 8 kids....yes, 8, I counted them, and she wanted all of them to be seen for various illnesses, such as a runny-nose. Now, if she had a $10 co-pay(per covered person), the hospital admitting could say, sure....that'll be $80 for today's visits. That would put an end, really quick, to those "abusing" the system.

Without a premium and a co-payment, no plan will work. Period.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'll say this about the whole healthcare debate in general:

whatever form the gov-mint plan takes, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, needs to contribute to their own insurance plan, both in the form of a monthly premium and a co-payment.

Even the lowest of the low, the poorest of the poor, the most down-troddenest of the down-trodden, need to PAY something for their own healthcare insurance. That might be only $25/month with a $5-10 co-payment, but it has to be something for any type of public plan option to work. Otherwise, people tend to "abuse" the system and it ends up not working.

I was in the ER several years back when some woman came in with 8 kids....yes, 8, I counted them, and she wanted all of them to be seen for various illnesses, such as a runny-nose. Now, if she had a $10 co-pay(per covered person), the hospital admitting could say, sure....that'll be $80 for today's visits. That would put an end, really quick, to those "abusing" the system.

Without a premium and a co-payment, no plan will work. Period.

That will never work, hospitals can not deny coverage based on pator source(or lack thereof) race, sex, etc...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    That will never work, hospitals can not deny coverage based on pator source(or lack thereof) race, sex, etc...
    The rule states that they must be examined by a MD, no law is in place that mandates treatment for BS. Docs are afraid (and rightfuly so) of being sued so they give them treatment for the sniffles instead of sending them home to see their family practice MD.

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    The rule states that they must be examined by a MD, no law is in place that mandates treatment for BS. Docs are afraid (and rightfuly so) of being sued so they give them treatment for the sniffles instead of sending them home to see their family practice MD.
    The law says they can't be denied coverage which in essence means an MD evaluation. Point being, you will not here the hospital say "Maam, you have to leave here b/c you owe us $121,000 and you have never attempted to pay on youy worthless piece of garbage". They have to be seen by a doctor

www.casadice.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Yes they can -

If they have a co-pay which covers non-emergent situations...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread