+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cell phone boosters/repeaters

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Cell phone boosters/repeaters

Considering something for here at the house to boost the wireless card -

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Cell phone boosters/repeaters

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Pester the hell out of AT&T to complete their North Louisiana 3G footprint (from Arkansas line to I-20).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Pester the hell out of AT&T to complete their North Louisiana 3G footprint (from Arkansas line to I-20).
    Have been - but even in my position we have gotten very little pull with the PSC which actually gets these things done...

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    If the signal it's boosting is not good to start with, it won't help much...on the other hand, if there's a decent signal outside and nothing inside the house, it might be worth a shot.

I have a friend that lives in the sticks out here, and he had good things to say about this one. I hear it's a pain to find the right installation point, and you have to follow the directions, but works very well (including with data).

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Have been - but even in my position we have gotten very little pull with the PSC which actually gets these things done...
    I was wearing out the 3G on Matha's Vineyard so much my battery wouldn't last all day like on the good ol' Edge network.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.digitalantenna.com/

This works pretty good, I have one and love it. You have to have decent signal outside. The booster amp is the same with all setups, go for the biggest antenna you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    If the signal it's boosting is not good to start with, it won't help much...on the other hand, if there's a decent signal outside and nothing inside the house, it might be worth a shot.

I have a friend that lives in the sticks out here, and he had good things to say about this one. I hear it's a pain to find the right installation point, and you have to follow the directions, but works very well (including with data).
    I ended up choosing that one -

It was a pain installing, but it does what it is advertised to do and I'm getting a much better signal in the house...

+ Reply to Thread