+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do i hate online banking!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Do i hate online banking!

I'm an on-line banking believer -

I write basically two checks a week - everything else is done online...

And if a bank doesn't have BillPay I will not even consider using them -

However, I do not receive my statements electronically - I still get them via snail mail so I always have a hard copy with numbers -

And I pay everything from property taxes to vet bills on online...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I do almost everything online. Only had a problem with a former bank - they double paid all of my bills one month. That wreaked havoc, but they made up for it - believe me.

I bank with Capital One now. Easy system and I have my checking and car payment with them. The only time I have encountered a problem was with a department store credit card on their own online system. Macy's had a complex and terrible online system. It is the only place that I mail my bill now. Well, that and the Water department in my city. They don't have an online system yet.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I've found the best way (for me) to pay utility bills is automatic bank draft.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

However, I do not receive my statements electronically - I still get them via snail mail so I always have a hard copy with numbers -
    Ditto.

If I am unable to access my email, I'd like for someone else to know about the bills.
    Last edited by nadB; 12-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I pay everything I can "online". I take pleasure in:

Saving considerably more than $5.00/month (more than $60.00/year) in postage.
    Saving the time and effort it takes to write checks and stuff and mail envelopes.
    Saving money on the checks I no longer have to purchase.
    Getting email confirmations letting me know my payments are received on time.
    Getting email notifications of charges to my various credit card accounts.

Me, I love it.
    IMNHO......
    It's the "little pleasures" in life that collectively create happiness.
    The BIG PLEASURES are all too often too few and too far between...... And frequently fail to stand the tests of tempest and time.

Consider the BIG PLEASURE for republicans when scalia "crowned" little george as America's president...... And the fizzle to flop that followed.

Consider the BIG PLEASURE for democrats when their preferred party won the house in 2006, and then added the senate and oval office obama in 2008 because of their END THE IRAQ WAR "political" P R O M I S E S...... As Iraqi War deaths and costs continue on the December eve of 2010.

Anyway, Nadb......
    It pleases me to know that online banking percolates your personal pleasure preference......
    But I hope you will understand my failure to believe that @ $100 to $150 per year for postage and checks means anything worthy of mention in your personal pleasure equation. :icon_wink:

As always, Nabd......
    Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I do almost everything online. Only had a problem with a former bank - they double paid all of my bills one month. That wreaked havoc, but they made up for it - believe me.

I bank with Capital One now. Easy system and I have my checking and car payment with them. The only time I have encountered a problem was with a department store credit card on their own online system. Macy's had a complex and terrible online system. It is the only place that I mail my bill now. Well, that and the Water department in my city. They don't have an online system yet.
    OBVIOUSLY......
    I am just an OLD consumer who has failed to accept the technology and beneficial bliss of online okeydokey.

I shall try to struggle on and survive my few remaining years on our tiny planet with a stiff upper lip and a pen and postage stamps. :icon_wink:

To each his own......
    Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    A funny (strange but in no way humorous) thing about the vast majority of Americans......
    They pride themselves on savvy shopping and getting "the best deal/price"......
    And then they eagerly enter into a contract with usurious interest rates to "own" what they have convinced themselves they "need" or want.

How SAVVY is the American "shopper" who wisely buys a 1 dollar item for 80 cents...... And then pays 50 cents in INTEREST over several years to actually OWN it?

If any dawg believes he or she is truly a savvy shopper......
    Try taking the following test!
    Add up the number of your hard or easily earned dollars YOU PAY each month/year FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT INTEREST on all of the various debts you have VOLUNTARILY contracted for as a savvy shopper.
    If the TOTAL exceeds ZERO CANTS......
    You FAIL the savvy shopper test.

This is not MBA stuff......
    It's merely a nightmare parading as an American dream.

Cheers and good night.
    I have been unable to not notice......
    The number of comments regarding the pleasures of computer remittance v. old fashion check writing......
    And the lack of so much as one mention regarding my savvy buyer test.

I could conclude a lack of an "INTEREST" regarding any such "testy" query......
    But this is the FLAMER'S board with a P A C E that I adore.

This thread began last August and then idled dormant until December.

Perhaps in the Spring......
    "INTEREST" may flower anew. :icon_wink:

Cheers.

I'm an on-line banking believer -

I write basically two checks a week - everything else is done online...

And if a bank doesn't have BillPay I will not even consider using them -

And I pay everything from property taxes to vet bills on online...
    Just the fellow (one of the individuals) I have been hoping to encounter......
    I noticed your distinction as a dawg site "administrator".

May I ask a small favor of you if you happen to notice this post?
    Would you mind reading my DAMN IT thread and responding "officially" to my query?
    This is my 12th post in 11 days and I continue to have nothing but a red triangle where my DOT thing use to be.

My thanks in advance for any reply.

Cheers and good night.

IMNHO......
    It's the "little pleasures" in life that collectively create happiness.

I hope you will understand my failure to believe that @ $100 to $150 per year for postage and checks means anything worthy of mention in your personal pleasure equation. :icon_wink:

As always, Nabd......
    Cheers.
    You have no clue, Spin ............... you cannot imagine the pleasure I've gotten when I've occasionally stopped at a McDonald's for a $1.00 double cheeseburger. (I always park outside and walk past the drive thru window; you might be surprised how much change I've picked up in front of it -- especially if I got lucky and it was just prior to a shift change, before the employees came out and scarfed it all up)

Remember, "It's the 'little pleasures' in life that collectively create happiness." ??

:icon_wink:

Cheers.

P.S.
    signed, Savvy Shopper
    Last edited by nadB; 12-12-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Just the fellow (one of the individuals) I have been hoping to encounter......
    I noticed your distinction as a dawg site "administrator".

May I ask a small favor of you if you happen to notice this post?
    Would you mind reading my DAMN IT thread and responding "officially" to my query?
    This is my 12th post in 11 days and I continue to have nothing but a red triangle where my DOT thing use to be.

My thanks in advance for any reply.

Cheers and good night.
    Spin -

I see a row of green dots under your name with no red triangles...

Bad booze maybe?

Spin -

I see a row of green dots under your name with no red triangles...

Bad booze maybe?
    Thank you for the reply (and the humor) Dwayne......
    But while I freely admit that I almost never scribble here while sober, I routinely read what others have authored on the various dawg boards while very sober, and a red triangle is all there is at the bottom of my avatar column where I once had 3 symbols, one of which was the the thing I would click on to give reputation points.

Perhaps you misunderstood my possibly poorly explained query.
    I do see the row of 11 green dots directly below my picture.
    But I'm referring to the BOTTOM left symbols (not dots) that appear next to the end of every post.

And BTW......
    The red triangle at the bottom left is not only on the posts I have authored. It is also the only symbol at the bottom left of every other dawg post I read, including your above reply.
    Ergo...... I am unable to dot or make dot comments on any dawg post.

Thank you again for your prior reply......
    And thank you in advance for any additional reply.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    You have no clue, Spin ............... you cannot imagine the pleasure I've gotten when I've occasionally stopped at a McDonald's for a $1.00 double cheeseburger. (I always park outside and walk past the drive thru window; you might be surprised how much change I've picked up in front of it -- especially if I got lucky and it was just prior to a shift change, before the employees came out and scarfed it all up)

Remember, "It's the 'little pleasures' in life that collectively create happiness." ??

:icon_wink:

Cheers.

P.S.
    signed, Savvy Shopper
    Damn you, Nadb......
    You have now imprinted an image in my mind's eye of Jack Nicholson (wearing a tuxedo) searching for dropped McDonald's coins, prior to celebrating any such success by feasting with a dollar cheeseburger.

However...... Since I may now have to live with this litle grey cell thought until death, the good news is that my certain "flatland" death has become even more attrative to me than before your above playfulness. :icon_wink:

P.S.
    for a "Savvy Shopper"!

Cheers.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Spin,

The triangle is here for all of us. You press that button if you want to report a post. That isn't for posts you don't like but more for more serious violations like if someone was getting extremely vulgar or threatening, ect.... The triangle was always there though. It was one of the three things you are refering to.

The other two should be:

A circle it will either be green or grey. If it is green it means you are currently logged in and on the board. Grey if you are not on-line.

Then there are some scales. The scales is what you would press if you want to give green/red reputation points.

If you are not logged in and here as a guest it might not give you all 3 options at the bottom. Maybe that is what happened. If you are logged in and all 3 aren't there then I have no idea what the problem is and Dwayne would have to direct you as to what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Dwayne would have to direct you as to what to do next.
    Yeah right -

All Dwayne does is stand here and look good and point them in a different direction....:icon_wink:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Yeah right -

All Dwayne does is stand here and look good and point them in a different direction....:icon_wink:

Come on D. That's my standard answer whenever anyone asks any questions related to this board.

J/K I do know there are a few of you that run this thing and you all do a great job. I'm sure my wife wishes you guys didn't as I am on here too much though.

+ Reply to Thread