+ Reply to Thread

Thread: House Dems seek info from health insurers

Varsity Bulldog dawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the rough

House Dems seek info from health insurers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/...are_insurers_1
    Democrats on a House committee are seeking detailed financial records from dozens of large insurance companies, officials disclosed Tuesday, part of an investigation into "executive compensation and other business practices" in an industry opposed to President Barack Obama's plan to overhaul health care.

The request included records relating to compensation of highly paid employees, documents relating to companies' premium income and claims payments, and information on expenses stemming from any event held outside company facilities in the past 2 1/2 years. ... the committee could respond to a refusal by voting to subpoena the information at a later date.
    I don't recall the health insurance industry receiving TARP money. So I guess if you oppose Obamacare you will be investigated to find anything they can use to validate their claim that they can cut costs? Interesting. Apparently they decided they should do some research and come up with something they can sell to the public since the ram-it-through method didn't go over so well.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: House Dems seek info from health insurers

Quote Originally Posted by dawgmom View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/...are_insurers_1
    Democrats on a House committee are seeking detailed financial records from dozens of large insurance companies, officials disclosed Tuesday, part of an investigation into "executive compensation and other business practices" in an industry opposed to President Barack Obama's plan to overhaul health care.

The request included records relating to compensation of highly paid employees, documents relating to companies' premium income and claims payments, and information on expenses stemming from any event held outside company facilities in the past 2 1/2 years. ... the committee could respond to a refusal by voting to subpoena the information at a later date.
    I don't recall the health insurance industry receiving TARP money. So I guess if you oppose Obamacare you will be investigated to find anything they can use to validate their claim that they can cut costs? Interesting. Apparently they decided they should do some research and come up with something they can sell to the public since the ram-it-through method didn't go over so well.
    They need to refuse to comply with this request. This is the looters taking over right here. If they are public companies, congress should be able to find this info on their own. If I am a private company, I am giving them the big middle finger.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    If I am a private company, I am giving them the big middle finger.

Well, you're a lot kinder than me.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I was wondering about this myself. I'd refuse if I were private.

Congress members are the worst porkers and money wasters there are, so who better than to accuse insurance execs of excessive luxuries?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not unbelievable, but it would have been a few years ago. Can't wait to see how DB and Salty spin this one.

This is designed to take public attention away from the real issue and will grow with the help of mainstream media.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

please, you all know that people shouldn't be making that kind of money. it is because of those rich people America is crashing and people can't buy that 42'' screen vizio tv or that 2010 ford taurus or that 5 bedroom/2.5 bathroom house or get their tylenol!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The education leader person in LA makes 337k or something, in the gov - which has no profit sharing, stock options, etc.

+ Reply to Thread