+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush League

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Re: Bush League

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Read the link in Post # 10, I would be shocked if the Cowboys aren't required to make some adjustments.
    The over/under I have on the height move is 11 feet.

I would take the under.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    It's 5 feet higher than where the NFL told the Cowboys it needed to be.

If they have to move it they'll move it. If they don't they won't.

If the Cowboys have to pay for it they will, if they don't have to pay for it they won't. They make more money than I do and I am pretty certain they can afford to move it.

In other words. BFD. .....Yawn.
    BD13 did you see the article in the FWST today about the Jumbotron?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    BD13 did you see the article in the FWST today about the Jumbotron?
    This is not about the jumbotron, or Jerry Jones. You guys can point the finger at Jerry; you can talk about the height of the jumbotron, and if you do that it's really unfair (sniff), ITS REALLY UNFAIR (sniff sniff). This is America's team man, that's my owner! We built this stadium as A TEAM, as A TEAM MAN!...:bigcry: I know we are dedicated to getting this thing hung at the correct height.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

You saints fans kill me. There is so much Cowboys envy on this board. The saints wish they had 1/10 the success the Cowboys have had over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    This is not about the jumbotron, or Jerry Jones. You guys can point the finger at Jerry; you can talk about the height of the jumbotron, and if you do that it's really unfair (sniff), ITS REALLY UNFAIR (sniff sniff). This is America's team man, that's my owner! We built this stadium as A TEAM, as A TEAM MAN!...:bigcry: I know we are dedicated to getting this thing hung at the correct height.
    I am a cowfan!

JJ is a genius he has the whole NFL community talking about OUR Jumbotron!!!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Yup I wish we could have the opportunity to choke in a billion dollar stadium. The type role of a typical lsu fan does not suit you parisdog

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I made a friend out of the tour guide when I visited in early July. She has a picture of herself playing some video game on that board. That would be a dream come true.

Anyway, I wondered if punters would be able to hit it when I saw it. I know some ability to lift and lower it was designed into the board, but it isn't easy to do. One of the early concerts spent the money to lift the board just for their show.

Didn't Ray Guy also hit a scoreboard in his day?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    You saints fans kill me. There is so much Cowboys envy on this board. The saints wish they had 1/10 the success the Cowboys have had over the years.
    Actually, I loved the Landry/Staubach years. Watching 2 good Christian men out there on and off the field was a great example for all. I even enjoyed watching Jimmy Johnson build the team. It was a model, almost art, that was a pleasure to watch. But the way a guy from Arkansas, Jerry Jones, swooped in and treated Coach Landry and the other faithful Cowboy management, as well as many of the players, was criminal and showed Jerry's true lack of character. That rarely changes as most of you know without a true change of heart and God's influence.But I know he hasn't changed from my personal experience which I posted on here the other day. I really thought Texans everywhere would be PO'd at Jones and not cut him any slack for what he did to their hero's. Little did I know that the star on the helmet meant more than the people that wore it, and the staff, to most Texans. I've been surprised ever since. I understand the younger Cowboy fans not knowing and understandingwhat all of this means or care for that matter. But you older guys???? Wow!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

This was discussed ad naseum on the radio broadcast and addressed briefly on the television broadcast. The board will be raised prior to the U2 concert and will remain at the new height following the concert.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    This was discussed ad naseum on the radio broadcast and addressed briefly on the television broadcast. The board will be raised prior to the U2 concert and will remain at the new height following the concert.
    I have always been a Cowboys fan...and I'll be 45 in October, so I guess I'm an old guy who started out with Staubach and Landry and still likes them. At the risk of sounding lsu-ish, I really don't get the whole "I'm a Saints guy so I have to hate Dallas" thing. The Saints rival is Atlanta...and maybe Tampa, maybe to an extent Carolina. But not Dallas.

Why do Saints fans hate the Cowboys? Have the Cowboys ever been spoilers for the Saints on the road to the Super Bowl? No. Have the Cowboys ever gone head to head with New Orleans for a division championship? NFC thing? No, East vs South. So I ask Saints fans why they hate Dallas, and I get "Jerry Jones" as an answer...okay, he's an arrogant prick, but it wasn't Jones who threatened to move the Saints to San Antonio, L.A. or the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Wasn't his name Tom Benson? Or I don't like Tony Romo...I happen to think Drew Brees is a better qb too. So why HATE the Cowboys?

I like the Saints, but I LOVE the Cowboys.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I have always been a Cowboys fan...and I'll be 45 in October, so I guess I'm an old guy who started out with Staubach and Landry and still likes them. At the risk of sounding lsu-ish, I really don't get the whole "I'm a Saints guy so I have to hate Dallas" thing. The Saints rival is Atlanta...and maybe Tampa, maybe to an extent Carolina. But not Dallas.

Why do Saints fans hate the Cowboys? Have the Cowboys ever been spoilers for the Saints on the road to the Super Bowl? No. Have the Cowboys ever gone head to head with New Orleans for a division championship? NFC thing? No, East vs South. So I ask Saints fans why they hate Dallas, and I get "Jerry Jones" as an answer...okay, he's an arrogant prick, but it wasn't Jones who threatened to move the Saints to San Antonio, L.A. or the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Wasn't his name Tom Benson? Or I don't like Tony Romo...I happen to think Drew Brees is a better qb too. So why HATE the Cowboys?

Not that it matters because it will be dismissed by the Cowboy haters on this board but I know A LOT of Saints fans and only one of them hates the Cowboys. On the flip side I can't name any Cowboy fans that I know that hate the Saints. It is mostly the Saints fans on this board that hate the Cowboys. Like you said they are in different divisions have different rivals, don't play every year, ect..... Their is no rational reason for Saints fans as a whole to not to like the Cowboys and generally speaking most of them don't hate the Cowboys. It's a BB&B thing. I'm fine with that. Hate on. The good part is most Saints fans I know LOVE LSU but at least on this board they don't so as long as they don't start wearing purple and gold I can deal with them.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Yeah before this whole thing began they were talking about having to raise it for U2. Apparently Mr. Bono has an incredibly tall and elaborate set and the sight-lines wouldn't work out. So it was going up anyways.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post

I've hated Dallas since the early 70's, has nothing to do with the Saints.

They were always making excuses for losing to the Steelers. A bunch of whiners.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I've hated Dallas since the early 70's, has nothing to do with the Saints.

They were always making excuses for losing to the Steelers. A bunch of whiners.
    Add to that their "America's Team" label that they didn't run from self proclaimed or not. What they don't understand or choose not to believe is that the Cowboys are the 2nd most hated team in football, behind the Oakland Raiders. Heck, they might be the team, and owner of course, most of the country loves to watch lose. Now, I'll give them the spanish speaking world which was the marketing genius of JJ's I guess. But not America much to their shock if they really knew the truth. I liken it to the Obama ADM and DEMS not believing nor understanding that the revolt at their government healthcare is a grassroots American hatred of the plan and not trusting the captain of the ship,and his crew, that will implement it. Then again, I've given this topic too much attention, on BB&B in years past, already.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 08-23-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Add to that their "America's Team" label that they didn't run from self proclaimed or not. What they don't understand or choose not to believe is that the Cowboys are the 2nd most hated team in football, behind the Oakland Raiders. Heck, they might be the team, and owner of course, most of the country loves to watch lose. Now, I'll give them the spanish speaking world which was the marketing genius of JJ's I guess. But not America much to their shock if they really knew the truth. I liken it to the Obama ADM and DEMS not believing nor understanding that the revolt at their government healthcare is a grassroots American hatred of the plan and not trusting the captain of the ship,and his crew, that will implement it. Then again, I've given this topic too much attention, on BB&B in years past, already.
    Your funny Tyler. I think you would rather see the Cowboys lose than the Saints win. I'm not sure if that is healthy. :icon_wink: I'm not going to forget you in my prayers. Comparing the Cowboys to Obama. You might have officialy lost it.

I can tell you this much, this topic is sooo important to me that if the Saints whip the Cowboys 45-0 in December I will be over it in 5 minutes, sleep like a baby that night ,and still be in a great mood the next day. ....I can't say the same if Tech loses though.

+ Reply to Thread