+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush League

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Re: Bush League

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Actually, I loved the Landry/Staubach years. Watching 2 good Christian men out there on and off the field was a great example for all. I even enjoyed watching Jimmy Johnson build the team. It was a model, almost art, that was a pleasure to watch. But the way a guy from Arkansas, Jerry Jones, swooped in and treated Coach Landry and the other faithful Cowboy management, as well as many of the players, was criminal and showed Jerry's true lack of character. That rarely changes as most of you know without a true change of heart and God's influence.But I know he hasn't changed from my personal experience which I posted on here the other day. I really thought Texans everywhere would be PO'd at Jones and not cut him any slack for what he did to their hero's. Little did I know that the star on the helmet meant more than the people that wore it, and the staff, to most Texans. I've been surprised ever since. I understand the younger Cowboy fans not knowing and understandingwhat all of this means or care for that matter. But you older guys???? Wow!
    Tyler, we agree on almost everything from politics to Tech sports, but this is definitely something we see differently.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Tyler, we agree on almost everything from politics to Tech sports, but this is definitely something we see differently.
    No problem. I rambled on a tad too much didn't I? Did I mention that I don't like Jones?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Your funny Tyler. I think you would rather see the Cowboys lose than the Saints win. I'm not sure if that is healthy. :icon_wink: I'm not going to forget you in my prayers. Comparing the Cowboys to Obama. You might have officialy lost it.

I can tell you this much, this topic is sooo important to me that if the Saints whip the Cowboys 45-0 in December I will be over it in 5 minutes, sleep like a baby that night ,and still be in a great mood the next day. ....I can't say the same if Tech loses though.
    I actually agree with 100% that assessment.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Paris,

I hope I never see that avatar after I just ate something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Paris,

I hope I never see that avatar after I just ate something.
    The dude in his avatar and mine are flaring their nostrils way too much aren't they? They both actually have/had a fair amount in common per their narcissistic behavior and attitudes. Sorry guys I couldn't resist.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Actually, I loved the Landry/Staubach years. Watching 2 good Christian men out there on and off the field was a great example for all. I even enjoyed watching Jimmy Johnson build the team. It was a model, almost art, that was a pleasure to watch. But the way a guy from Arkansas, Jerry Jones, swooped in and treated Coach Landry and the other faithful Cowboy management, as well as many of the players, was criminal and showed Jerry's true lack of character. That rarely changes as most of you know without a true change of heart and God's influence.But I know he hasn't changed from my personal experience which I posted on here the other day. I really thought Texans everywhere would be PO'd at Jones and not cut him any slack for what he did to their hero's. Little did I know that the star on the helmet meant more than the people that wore it, and the staff, to most Texans. I've been surprised ever since. I understand the younger Cowboy fans not knowing and understandingwhat all of this means or care for that matter. But you older guys???? Wow!
    Coach Landry wasn't the same. It was unfortunate the way he was shown the door, but he wasn't the same guy. In one of his last years, I remember watching an ESPN classic tape and there was a cheap shot by one of the Cowboys after a play that drew a 15 yard flag. One of you older guys might actually remember this one. Afterwards, the guy returned to the bench. The real Coach Landry would have been in his face.

Football is a business. In that business, there is turnover. That's just the way it is.

However, if you really want to bring God into the discussion, it's hypocritical to say you shouldn't like a team because of one guy. Look around the league. There sure are a lot of people doing bad things in it.

I don't know you personally. However, in my admitted brief experience with you, you strike me as someone who is slightly bitter at life. I guess it's easy to get caught up that way and I can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Coach Landry wasn't the same. It was unfortunate the way he was shown the door, but he wasn't the same guy. In one of his last years, I remember watching an ESPN classic tape and there was a cheap shot by one of the Cowboys after a play that drew a 15 yard flag. One of you older guys might actually remember this one. Afterwards, the guy returned to the bench. The real Coach Landry would have been in his face.

Football is a business. In that business, there is turnover. That's just the way it is.

However, if you really want to bring God into the discussion, it's hypocritical to say you shouldn't like a team because of one guy. Look around the league. There sure are a lot of people doing bad things in it.

I don't know you personally. However, in my admitted brief experience with you, you strike me as someone who is slightly bitter at life. I guess it's easy to get caught up that way and I can do it too.
    OK AG I actually agree with your first 3 paragraphs 100%. But the last one with the personal shot was not like you. I'm not bitter at all. Opinionated and willing to put my emotion on my sleeve at times sure but bitter....never. However, I will hold that against you forever.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

From one of the older guys...

He was never an "in your face" coach. He was known for showing no emotion on the sideline in good or bad times. During the last years and in what turned out to be his last playoff game (think I'm right), Danny White made a VERY bad play that was game ending. Landry mouthed "Oh, no Danny!" or something like that. The TV cameras picked up on it and made a HUGE deal out of the emotion he showed.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

"News 8 has earned the NFL may force Jerry Jones to move the 60-yard video board at the Cowboys Stadium, which hangs 90 feet above the field. NFL standard is 85 feet. "

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

OK AG I actually agree with your first 3 paragraphs 100%. But the last one with the personal shot was not like you. I'm not bitter at all. Opinionated and willing to put my emotion on my sleeve at times sure but bitter....never. However, I will hold that against you forever.
    It's not a personal "shot." I'm not attacking you. It's just a comment. Look at all of the negative posts you make and compare them to the positive posts. You'd seemingly rather post a link that shows how bad of a job President Obama is doing or how horrible the Cowboys are, etc. than a link that shows something good your guy is doing.

Just an observation.

It's not a personal "shot." I'm not attacking you. It's just a comment. Look at all of the negative posts you make and compare them to the positive posts. You'd seemingly rather post a link that shows how bad of a job President Obama is doing or how horrible the Cowboys are, etc. than a link that shows something good your guy is doing.

Just an observation.
    I guess if you're "new" to the board it would seem that way. Remember, this board goes back a long way (1997 at least) my friend. Then again, Obama is such an easy target. And the Cowboys, well I do enjoy helping stirring that pot as well as a few of the guys on here that love them. They have all heard my dribble before on that topic and know they are getting yanked a bit. But you bring up a good point as far as recent perception which I might need to address. You young guys sure help try and keep us older farts that way ourselves. Thanks!
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 08-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Damn those Cowboys...

I hope JJ doesn't give up meddlin with the team to solely focus on stadium issues :icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Would he be "Mr. Micromanaging Not an Architect Ordering the Score Board Hung Too Low in the Billion $ Stadium Man"?

Think he's the rich cousin of "Mr Rolling Cooler Cooler Rolling Man".
    Architectural Standards does not have a standard for how high a football can be kicked.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Add to that their "America's Team" label that they didn't run from self proclaimed or not. What they don't understand or choose not to believe is that the Cowboys are the 2nd most hated team in football, behind the Oakland Raiders. Heck, they might be the team, and owner of course, most of the country loves to watch lose. Now, I'll give them the spanish speaking world which was the marketing genius of JJ's I guess. But not America much to their shock if they really knew the truth. I liken it to the Obama ADM and DEMS not believing nor understanding that the revolt at their government healthcare is a grassroots American hatred of the plan and not trusting the captain of the ship,and his crew, that will implement it. Then again, I've given this topic too much attention, on BB&B in years past, already.
    Have you ever heard how Jerry Jones got the 140 million to buy the Cowboys? He was in the oil and gas business mostly in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma. He bought a section from Ark-La Gas for 10 million and sold it back to them about 4-5 years later for 140 million. He had a good friend named Sheffield Nelson that was a VP of Ark-La Gas that handled the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Have you ever heard how Jerry Jones got the 140 million to buy the Cowboys? He was in the oil and gas business mostly in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma. He bought a section from Ark-La Gas for 10 million and sold it back to them about 4-5 years later for 140 million. He had a good friend named Sheffield Nelson that was a VP of Ark-La Gas that handled the deal.
    There was also a congressman and senator in his pocket supposedly. Likewise didn't the head of Arl-La get a high position in Clinton's staff? I've also met the geologist, his name slips me right now, that worked for Jerry and drilled those wells back in those days. He was actually a very nice guy and of course very wealthy. I don't think he works for him anymore.

+ Reply to Thread