+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suddenlink

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Suddenlink

I'm just curious, am I the only person in Ruston that has problems with Suddenlink Cable service?

We have a lot of problems with the lower channels - picture freeze, no signal, no sound, sound and picture not matching up. Not all the time, but plenty oftern enough to be a nuisance.Suddenlink says there is nothing they can do about it.

Three weeks ago we signed up for Digital Basic which expanded our list of channels and guess what - today most of those channels have been out most of the day.

We have also had a pay-per-view movie charged to our account which we never ordered. However, after seeing the title listed on my bill I sorta wish I would have ordered it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Suddenlink

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I'm just curious, am I the only person in Ruston that has problems with Suddenlink Cable service?

We have a lot of problems with the lower channels - picture freeze, no signal, no sound, sound and picture not matching up. Not all the time, but plenty oftern enough to be a nuisance.Suddenlink says there is nothing they can do about it.

Three weeks ago we signed up for Digital Basic which expanded our list of channels and guess what - today most of those channels have been out most of the day.

We have also had a pay-per-view movie charged to our account which we never ordered. However, after seeing the title listed on my bill I sorta wish I would have ordered it.
    I had freeze -up on some of my channels. The Comcast technician installed a larger transformer to power all the outlets and so far that solved the problem. Dunno about Suddenlink's technology (much less Comcast's).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I have Suddenlink and I had off and on troubles for a long time until they finally found an old rat chewn spliter that someone had installed years (maybe decades) ago. They replaced that and things have been good since.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Vette was complaining earlier. I don't know how it's been since. I don't really watch too much t.v. until Tech is playing.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Vette was complaining earlier. I don't know how it's been since. I don't really watch too much t.v. until Tech is playing.
    That's just it, I don't watch a lot of tv either, but lo and behold when i decide to watch something there seems to be issues.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Suddenlink in Minden has issues. KTBS HD periodically is unwatchable for days. I didn't say anything because I really only watch it for local news, so I just go down to the basic cable version. But with College Football season approaching, I wanted to make sure it worked. Asked around and found it wasn't just me or my equipment. I checked with KTBS to make sure it wasn't their problem either. When I contacted Suddenlink, they said the problem must be with my equipment and they'd have to check it out. By that point, the trouble had stopped -- for now.

But I'm really not a complainer, so I know that I was not the first person to let them know about the problem, and they are pretending it is an individual situation not at the top level. I guess the pity is that they'll get away with it. It would be different if LSU games were involved -- I don't keep up with the business end that much (just check out the schedule when I want to watch), but does the obscene contract between the SEC and ESPN mean some SEC games will be on ABC. It that's the case I'm sure the KTBS problem will be cured -- or someone will be losing their cable franchise.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Suddenlink has issues everywhere...even Kingwood!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Well, my suspicions were raised when I first signed up for it when we moved here. The girl went on a spiehl about how sometimes some of the channels would start acting funny-can't remember her exact words-and if it did it was because of the signal they were receiving and nothing they could do about it. The only reason I really got cable to begin with was for the internet. I didn't get a dish because, quite frankly, I've always had problems with dish service as well, and didn't want to get dsl because I didn't want to get a landline.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

I have trouble with suddenlink also. I cant stand watching tv when the audio is delayed. Seems like it happens a lot.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

A Suddenlink representative will post on this thread in ...3....2...
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Suddenblink sucks. No two ways about it.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAAgan View Post
    Suddenlink in Minden has issues. KTBS HD periodically is unwatchable for days. I didn't say anything because I really only watch it for local news, so I just go down to the basic cable version. But with College Football season approaching, I wanted to make sure it worked. Asked around and found it wasn't just me or my equipment. I checked with KTBS to make sure it wasn't their problem either. When I contacted Suddenlink, they said the problem must be with my equipment and they'd have to check it out. By that point, the trouble had stopped -- for now.

But I'm really not a complainer, so I know that I was not the first person to let them know about the problem, and they are pretending it is an individual situation not at the top level. I guess the pity is that they'll get away with it. It would be different if LSU games were involved -- I don't keep up with the business end that much (just check out the schedule when I want to watch), but does the obscene contract between the SEC and ESPN mean some SEC games will be on ABC. It that's the case I'm sure the KTBS problem will be cured -- or someone will be losing their cable franchise.
    we experience the same thing with ktbs in Ruston. i asked someone close to the station about the situation and sounded like it was their issue.

Puppy Suddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really niceSuddenlink Help is just really nice

Hi! I am with Suddenlink. Please email me the name on your account and a contact number and I will have the tech in your area contact you to discuss your issue. My email is tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    A Suddenlink representative will post on this thread in ...3....2...
    In 3 days.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenlink Help View Post
    Hi! I am with Suddenlink. Please email me the name on your account and a contact number and I will have the tech in your area contact you to discuss your issue. My email is tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
    So what gives? This is the second or third time a rep from Suddenlink has posted a message like yours when someone posts a gripe about your services on this board.

+ Reply to Thread