+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suddenlink

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Suddenlink

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenlink Help View Post
    Hi! I am with Suddenlink. Please email me the name on your account and a contact number and I will have the tech in your area contact you to discuss your issue. My email is tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

A tech has been to my house, he said there is nothing he could do and that he had the same problem.

Your GM in Ruston is a real gem. First tried to tell me that "well, we really don't charge you for the local channels." Then told me if it was a problem I should just get a dish.

You have a monopoly so why should you care. It does irritate me to see all of the suddenlink commercials talking about how great it is.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Then told me if it was a problem I should just get a dish.
    Take his advice. I did three years ago. That advice was the only solid service SuddenBlink ever gave me.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    we experience the same thing with ktbs in Ruston. i asked someone close to the station about the situation and sounded like it was their issue.
    Well then, I guess this weekend it "sounds like it's the station" for all of the local outlets in Shreveport, because no HD local channels are working. Amazing how all of the stations have the problem, not Suddenlink.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    So what gives? This is the second or third time a rep from Suddenlink has posted a message like yours when someone posts a gripe about your services on this board.
    Obviously they aren't going to ever admit that there's a problem on their end. Steve, your wife was one of the people that responded about having problems, too, when I put this on my Facebook page. It just amazes me that they can continue to get away with pretending it's an isolated problem when they have to know they are getting the same complaint from so many people. But their solution is to treat it like they have to come out and "check and see what's wrong" with our individual equipment. As I posted above, I haven't watched much over the last few days, but tonight I see that KSLA, KTBS, KTAL and KMSS HD are all off the air. Don't know for how long, but it's been three hours tonight since I first noticed.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAAgan View Post
    Obviously they aren't going to ever admit that there's a problem on their end. Steve, your wife was one of the people that responded about having problems, too, when I put this on my Facebook page. It just amazes me that they can continue to get away with pretending it's an isolated problem when they have to know they are getting the same complaint from so many people. But their solution is to treat it like they have to come out and "check and see what's wrong" with our individual equipment. As I posted above, I haven't watched much over the last few days, but tonight I see that KSLA, KTBS, KTAL and KMSS HD are all off the air. Don't know for how long, but it's been three hours tonight since I first noticed.
    I try to work from home in the evenings and on weekends, especially during tax season. Since I book over 70 hours a week during tax season, I at least get to be around the house some. But earlier this year, Suddenlink's service got so bad it was impossible to use. I replaced my modem and my wireless router because they said it was my equipment, yet the problem persisted. I called my city councilman, the mayor and the public service commission. Finally they did some work in the area and the problem went away.

But now its getting squirrely again. Nearly every morning the internet just disappears for a while. If ATT had DSL on this end of town I'd switch. I have ATT DSL at my office and it NEVER goes down. I haven't touched the modem in months. And it handles the data flow just fine.

As far as Suddenlink's cable TV service, I have been through no telling how many cable TV boxes.

We may have a solution now that we haven't had in the past. Since Verizon has taken over Alltel, I have noticed I keep a better cell phone signal at home. I have some rural clients I access via wireless and its worked just fine. So later this fall, I'm going to try Verizon's wireless internet service at the house. If its acceptable, I'm going to put the TV on Direct TV and just do away with Suddenlink completely. They've had their chance...for several years.

I had to drop Suddenlink Internet a couple of years back for similar reasons. I teach a CALL Internet class and I have to be able to access at all hours because there are large amounts of work due for students every day and we have a narrow turn around window on feedback. Suddenlink was constantly down, but I was able to switch to AT&T.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

3 times in the last 2 days Suddenlink has had an outage in Ruston. I was already mildly annoyed by glitches such as sound delay and the picture messing up, but now im pissed. I have cable, internet, and phone through them so it is a huge disruption. I just called the 800# to report the outage and then I asked to speak to somone so i could bitch. The operator was very nice and put me through to a manager, was on hold for 20 min and the operater came back on to say his manager would have to call me back. THEN SAID, "So, can he call you back at 202-####?", to which i replied, "Yeah, that would be great if the damn phone worked!!"
    So, i gave my cell and i am currently waiting for the call back. If i dont get a 1 or 2 months of my bills waived im going to ATT/Dish ASAP. Today was the last straw.

Who's with me??

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

I live in the on-campus apartments and we have very similar issues. I wasn't sure if it was the school or Suddenlink, but now I think I know.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok looking for some service advice.

I started out with the limited basic cable service because I only need local channels and ESPN. The price has continuously increased, and it costs me 70/month with cable and internet.

I want to switch providers bad, but I'm a little nervous about the switch to dish. Can anyone weigh in on this and help out? I think it would still cost me 35 to keep cable internet.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Ok looking for some service advice.

I started out with the limited basic cable service because I only need local channels and ESPN. The price has continuously increased, and it costs me 70/month with cable and internet.

I want to switch providers bad, but I'm a little nervous about the switch to dish. Can anyone weigh in on this and help out? I think it would still cost me 35 to keep cable internet.
    When it rained hard I was DISH out of luck....After having them move the dish twice.
    Very inconvenient when the signal went out. Begrudingly went back to Comcast for the reliability . . . but no Cox Sports.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 01-10-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I had dish for 5 years and had trouble with their local service technicians, who are contracted. It made me negative toward dish. Moved to ruston two months ago and had to go with cable because my rent house is in a neighborhood/forest with no line of sight. I am building a house. In two months, I have decided to wire my new house for satellite.

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

Suddenlink must be making money as it announced a rate increase in San Angelo, Texas, on Thursday (1-7-10) of $2.84 for basic services but Pet Abel, Suddenlink senior vice president of corporate communications, is quoted as saying "the cost to provide the channels increases by about 6 percent each year" yet they are "eating" half of the increase.

They must be making money if they can afford to do that!

But then the San Angelo Standard-Times article by Brian McCormack -- http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2010/jan/07/basic-cable-rates-go-up/ -- goes on to say that the cost increase for basic is "a jump of 5.6 percent" (an increase "from $51.15 a month to $53.99").

Able said that other services offered by Suddenlink, such as high-speed Internet and high definition television broadcasts, "have undergone costly upgrades, but the company did not pass the expense to the consumer."

Yep, must be making enough to cover that and still make a profit.

Keep in mind that Suddenlink was a start-up company (and still seems like one), to which Cox (and Charter) sold some of its smaller holdings.

You may be interested in DSLreports.com which describes itself as "the largest online community based on interest in consumer broadband (and related) information, news and tools." Its home page address is: http://www.dslreports.com/ You may want to try its "reviews" page at http://www.dslreports.com/reviews where you can type in your ZIP code and the name of a company to find "discussions" for your area.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

From what I could tell when I was in Ruston recently, Suddenlink's HD offerings were extremely limited.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    From what I could tell when I was in Ruston recently, Suddenlink's HD offerings were extremely limited.
    Most things about Suddenlink suck. And I can't find anyone to disagree with me.

I must say though, the internet has been fairly reliable.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Dish Network customer service with their Ruston contractor is AWFUL

+ Reply to Thread