+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Health Care for a Doc's Perspective

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Health Care for a Doc's Perspective

On that note, I still love you all my fellow Tech fans. Even those I don't agree with Besides this board needs a view from the left. Jeez!!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    How will your health care get worse if it causes your insurance company to lower its cost. Public option does not deny you the right to keep your insurance. Do you really think that your insurance could not be cheaper. Of course it can and a public option will force it to compete or get out of dodge and stop sticking it to the average guy. I would rather pay higher taxes and get more accessable health care then pay high premiums and be too afraid to even use it because it won't cover anything anymore. What planet have most of you been living on. Deductables are more and they don't cover anything even if you make the deductable. On top of it all look how many people are losing their jobs everyday and are praying they don't get sick because they have zero access to any health care at all. Stop always thinking of yourselves. Believe it or not it's not the Christian way and I am not even religeous.
    I am a proponent of unlinking employment and health insurance. You can do this without forcing a public option and more BS down my throat.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gcc005 View Post
    I don't believe anyone ignores that there are problems with insurance.
    Please elaborate on the problems.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

How will your health care get worse if it causes your insurance company to lower its cost. Public option does not deny you the right to keep your insurance. Do you really think that your insurance could not be cheaper. Of course it can and a public option will force it to compete or get out of dodge and stop sticking it to the average guy. I would rather pay higher taxes and get more accessable health care then pay high premiums and be too afraid to even use it because it won't cover anything anymore. What planet have most of you been living on. Deductables are more and they don't cover anything even if you make the deductable. On top of it all look how many people are losing their jobs everyday and are praying they don't get sick because they have zero access to any health care at all. Stop always thinking of yourselves. Believe it or not it's not the Christian way and I am not even religeous.
    Could you name any instance of the gov beating out private companies for the same service? If there is equal competition, the private sector always wins. If the gov operates at a loss due to taxpayer subsidy, there is no way the private companies can compete with that.

I think you're drinking too much koolaid to believe that more government is the answer.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Sure it will. It will be more economical for most businesses just to pay the fine instead of offer insurance. The employees will then be forced onto the public option. The employees can't help it if their employer drops insurance coverage because a public option is now available.
    well you are saying that its the employers lack of care of its coworkers that makes the public option not work. If they do that then they probably aren't offering health insurance to it's employees anyway. The goal here is to get every single person insured so that we arent paying for those with no coverage. More people paying into coverage means less cost to all of us. Its a simple solution that works with car insurance and can work with health insurance. Stop being afraid of government control because we know the private sector is GREEDY.

I leave on Earth. I just had a kid and my insurance worked out fine considering how much it costs for an average baby delivery.

That brings me to another reform point: Tort reform is one of the best ways to reduce costs. It worked wonderfully in Texas. Anesthesiologists have the highest malpractice insurance and have you ever paid attention to the cost of anesthesiologists to any operation? HUGE.

I paid cash out of pocket for an emergency situation in college (gasp, no insurance). They wanted to knock me out but that would be a couple thousand. I went with local for $400 or so. Sure it was scary, but it was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Could you name any instance of the gov beating out private companies for the same service? If there is equal competition, the private sector always wins. If the gov operates at a loss due to taxpayer subsidy, there is no way the private companies can compete with that.

I think you're drinking too much koolaid to believe that more government is the answer.
    The postal company. It is still cheaper to mail a letter then Fed EX. Sure if you want it faster you will pay a little extra but because we have a government run postal service private companies know that they can't charge too high because we have another option. Therefore a public option to mail a letter keeps Fed Ex from charging too much because they know we won't pay it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

But how will public insurance solve the problems mentioned by the doctor?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Having everybody covered by insurance will do nothing for the cost or access problem, if (1) there are not enough doctors to serve all the users, and (2) people continue to consume health care services that they do not need but are ordered by the docs. How will Obamacare solve these problems?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

well you are saying that its the employers lack of care of its coworkers that makes the public option not work. If they do that then they probably aren't offering health insurance to it's employees anyway. The goal here is to get every single person insured so that we arent paying for those with no coverage. More people paying into coverage means less cost to all of us. Its a simple solution that works with car insurance and can work with health insurance. Stop being afraid of government control because we know the private sector is GREEDY.
    Car insurance is not cheap because everybody pays in. There are HUGE differences in car vs health insurance. Legal differences, object differences, and differences of occurance.

1. Car insurance does not pay for your oil changes. If it were like health insurance, it would cover oil changes, fuel filters, small dents, gas, and tire rotations. Car insurance only covers major disasters.
    2. There is a legal difference with car insurance, the biggest being the ability to have a national market. Healthcare is locally restricted by law. That is why Geico doesn't run health insurance adds.
    3. The object in question is different. If it costs 200k to fix a 30k car, they junk it. They can't junk a life in the healthcare industry.
    4. Mechanics don't pay obscene malpractice insurance when they fix your car.
    5. Mechanics don't come out of a decade or more of schooling with hundreds of thousands worth of debt
    6. The healthcare industry rapidly increases in technology. The "best" stuff is awesome but costs a whole lot. I had a sinus infection that they used a high quality x-ray machine to confirm. It was just a freaking sinus infection. In the old days, I'd have just got the pills and been out with low cost. Increasing levels of technology are adding to the costs.

The postal company. It is still cheaper to mail a letter then Fed EX. Sure if you want it faster you will pay a little extra but because we have a government run postal service private companies know that they can't charge too high because we have another option. Therefore a public option to mail a letter keeps Fed Ex from charging too much because they know we won't pay it.
    By law, FedEx can only ship parcels . You can stick a document in the parcel, but they are not allowed to ship "mail." Also, the USPS runs in the red, so I don't see what you are proving.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

With taxes being raised on the middle class (yes the obama lied about that) and taxes on health care benefits, no one will be able to afford health insurance except the extremely wealthy. So, the normal people will all stand in line for service while the rich get treated asap.

I pay taxes and pay my insurance premiums. Why should I have to wait in the ER with the homeless and the government dependent?

The only thing this government does right is the military and how much did those hammers cost?

I tricked you into that. Guiss commented but I have to get my jab in

1. It is ILLEGAL for private companies to compete with the post office in any way, except shipping packages.
    2. The post office loses money hand and foot, though heavily subsidized
    3. Fedex and UPS are far more proficient at what they are allowed to do, compared to the post office.

And UPS stops fedex from charging too much, not the post office. DHL (dutch company) tried to compete but failed, eventually pulling out all operations in the US.

If one of the big delivery companies were to monopolize, the anti-monopoly laws would kick in.

you are right they are more efficient. and believe me when i say that a public option will not be the best option for me but if it causes my personal insurance to stop going up and my deductable to go up because they have to compete with something then I am all for it. I find it hard to believe that the average Louisiana person is happy with the skyrocketing cost of health care today. Not many of you make all that much money to afford this yet Republicans are so against a public option which will leave so many people with no option at all. Once again why does this system work(not perfectly) but work in all other countries and the state of Mass. Do you think the people with good health insurance are waiting in line with homeless people. No they are not and neither will you. Keep your health insurance, this plan just makes sure everyone has insurance and gives them a cheap option. It's easy to seperate yourself from the have nots but even the haves are having less and less everyday because of higher premiums from greedy insurance companies

What makes you think it works particularly well in other countries and Mass?

Also, how do you think it's going to get paid for?

+ Reply to Thread