+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WaPo smacks BHO

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

WaPo smacks BHO

hell hath frozen over

Bad-News Budget
    Wanted: An Obama plan for fiscal sustainability.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082502734.html

once the numbers finally emerged in the dog days of August, they retained the power to stun: Instead of a cumulative $7.1 trillion deficit over the next decade, the White House now projects a $9 trillion deficit. These figures imply average annual budget deficits greater than 4 percent of gross domestic product through fiscal 2019, a rate of debt accumulation faster than projected GDP growth. This is not a sustainable fiscal path.

Still, the Bush administration's irresponsibility notwithstanding, it is time to stop crying "we inherited it." The Obama administration needs its own clear, credible plan for restoring fiscal sustainability once the worst of the recession has run its course. Unless it can at least limit the growth in debt to the growth of the economy, investors will gradually lose faith in Treasury obligations, increasing the government's borrowing costs -- and turning a deficit crunch into a deficit spiral. In the worst case, unchecked debt could trigger a return to the double-digit inflation and interest rates of the late 1970s, only this time with massive U.S. obligations to foreign lenders such as China and Japan.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: WaPo smacks BHO

Actually the Washington Post got into the action a few weeks ago ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2009081102867
    But the greatest peril for Obama, I think, lies in the question of whether he can produce the new, post-partisan, surmounting-special-interests politics that he envisioned during the campaign. In a month of raucous town hall meetings and stalled legislation, that hardly seems likely. The secret deal with Tauzin can only deepen the skepticism.
    Which leads to the core question facing the still-young administration: What happens when people start to wonder whether they can really believe in this change?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

where was this WaPo back in 2008?
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

The nine trillion dollar deficit figure is as phony as a three dollar bill (which is what will probably replace dollar bills soon ??). It's merely the tip of the iceberg, and Amerika is the Titanic.

They are using cash basis accounting, which only very small businesses are allowed to use. If they were reporting like a large business is required to do (accrual basis), there is no telling how big the numbers really are.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post

The nine trillion dollar deficit figure is as phony as a three dollar bill (which is what will probably replace dollar bills soon ??). It's merely the tip of the iceberg, and Amerika is the Titanic.

They are using cash basis accounting, which only very small businesses are allowed to use. If they were reporting like a large business is required to do (accrual basis), there is no telling how big the numbers really are.
    $14-16,000,000,000,000.00

before healthcare "reform", cap and tax, etc.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    $14-16,000,000,000,000.00

before healthcare "reform", cap and tax, etc.
    Perhaps ??

I've seen estimates as high as 50-60 trillion, although nobody knows, because nobody really knows what the off balance sheet liabilities are -- they (public serpents) don't even have a clue themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlxBeAvsB8

Perhaps ??

I've seen estimates as high as 50-60 trillion, although nobody knows, because nobody really knows what the off balance sheet liabilities are -- they (public serpents) don't even have a clue themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlxBeAvsB8
    I was thinking over the next ten years. 50-60 is the total outstanding burden.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I was thinking over the next ten years. 50-60 is the total outstanding burden.
    Thamks. I thot I remembered seeing those numbers.

Oh well; pocket change when !!!OBAMA!!! gets the inflation program going.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Got gold?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Got gold?
    How has that been working for you in this latest market run-up?

+ Reply to Thread