+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Need help

Apparently, sometime last night between the time I went to bed and the time I woke up this morning, some serious malware was downloaded on my computer. My Norton doesn't pick it up as it usually does so that I can follow the instructions on how to remove it manually as I can't really afford to pay for a removal program, and all the searches I do just leads me to sites that offer removal programs but no instructions. The name of the program is Personal Antivirus. It's in my program files on my C drive, so I'm running a targeted scan now to see if maybe it'll pick it up, but I doubt it will since it didn't pick it up on the full scan. Anyway, are any of you familiar with this pain in the ass and how to manually remove it. If you can direct me to a site that will give me the instructions on how to manually remove it, I'd appreciate it.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: Need help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...onal-antivirus

I hate those fake antivirus trojan scams more than almost anything. Print out the instructions above, and run through it step by step. It'll be somewhat frustrating, I'll warn you in advance...BTDT with a number of computers at work.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Try downloading www.malwarebytes.org

I had a computer geek download to mine.........works well for me

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Try downloading www.malwarebytes.org

I had a computer geek download to mine.........works well for me
    Yep, that's good freeware (and part of the aforementioned removal instructions).

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Thanks, I was hoping to be able to do it without having to download a program, but I went ahead and downloaded that one. It has worked. Thanks again.

Varsity Bulldog RustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really nice

Wish I could help more here, but I use a mac.

don't flame me!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RustonNative View Post
    Wish I could help more here, but I use a mac.

don't flame me!

Never used a Mac. To the computer lay person like myself what are the major differences?

Varsity Bulldog RustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Never used a Mac. To the computer lay person like myself what are the major differences?
    to a layperson, a mac is overpriced.

You can get pretty much the same computer for 700-800 less buying from Dell/HP/Sony/etc... and putting windows on it.

I've just been using Mac OSX for a few years now and really enjoy it, especially the 'bsd' style terminal command line.

There seem to be fewer virii, and malware attacks against a mac. But the again I've learned to avoid the common pitfalls.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

There seem to be fewer virii, and malware attacks against a mac. But the again I've learned to avoid the common pitfalls.
    You know this, but some might not... it isn't something great that Mac does with their OS, it's just statistics.

If you were an evil malware (spyware, virus, adware, trojan horse, etc) creater and wanted to effect the most people, would you create your evilness to attack 95% (Win) of computers, or 5% (Mac)??

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    You know this, but some might not... it isn't something great that Mac does with their OS, it's just statistics.

If you were an evil malware (spyware, virus, adware, trojan horse, etc) creater and wanted to effect the most people, would you create your evilness to attack 95% (Win) of computers, or 5% (Mac)??
    Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that mac was so much better at defending against viruses or malware -- it isn't. Mac has security problems of its own.

Doc is right, windows dominates the market, so virus writers focus their time on what will give them the biggest bang for their buck.

Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that mac was so much better at defending against viruses or malware -- it isn't. Mac has security problems of its own.

Doc is right, windows dominates the market, so virus writers focus their time on what will give them the biggest bang for their buck.

Please, please don't ever say that again.

hahaha. I calls 'em how i sees 'em.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Please, please don't ever say that again.
    Oh come on ole Dirty one.. at least it was about COMPUTERS.... and not just a sorry opinion!!

Oh come on ole Dirty one.. at least it was about COMPUTERS.... and not just a sorry opinion!!
    yeah, it was spot on too.

Alright, alright. You know I love ya. Besides, I might need a piggy back ride back to the tailgate after the games, so I better go easy on you.

+ Reply to Thread