+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey CE Byrd fans...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Hey CE Byrd fans...

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Any dropped passes? Blown coverages? It shouldn't be decided by one play.
    It wasn't. He's come around. Says he was just mad at himself that was all, but the way his mom says he had been moping around all day Saturday would indicate otherwise.

I tried to cheer him up by telling him that on the Hail Mary that Flutie threw to beat Miami for the NC, even Bicknell missed a block, so it couldn't be too bad. Anyone else ever hear that story?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Dirtylegacy blames himself for this loss. He missed a block on the winning drive, now he thinks the whole game is his fault. I need some Coach Mick advice on how to convince him otherwise. Of course, when you have a 165 lb kid playing center, you're asking for trouble. He's built more like a receiver than a center. But, he's only a sophomore, so he'll put on the weight. He's getting the needed height.
    Sounds like a good player to me. I know in my business if one of my guys/girls "drops the ball" I try to figure out how I goofed-up. Weird, I know, but I sit-up at night thinking about how to better train/empower my employees in order to make sure that whatever mistake it was doesn't happen again. I always admired the Japs on their business prowess, and you can equate this to sports...Americans always try to find the person that goofed-up and punish them while the Japs analyze the situation, isolate the reasons that lead to the problem in the first place, and try to make sure that the problem is not capable of occuring again. That's why they're kickin' our butts in business. Your boy knows if he played hard or not and DawgDude is right. One play didn't kill the game but there were some errors on all parts that made enough of a diference. Love ya Dirty and I'll see you in Ruston this year.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Sounds like a good player to me. I know in my business if one of my guys/girls "drops the ball" I try to figure out how I goofed-up. Weird, I know, but I sit-up at night thinking about how to better train/empower my employees in order to make sure that whatever mistake it was doesn't happen again. I always admired the Japs on their business prowess, and you can equate this to sports...Americans always try to find the person that goofed-up and punish them while the Japs analyze the situation, isolate the reasons that lead to the problem in the first place, and try to make sure that the problem is not capable of occuring again. That's why they're kickin' our butts in business. Your boy knows if he played hard or not and DawgDude is right. One play didn't kill the game but there were some errors on all parts that made enough of a diference. Love ya Dirty and I'll see you in Ruston this year.
    Yeah, looking forward to seein you. He learned early on when I was coaching him to learn from his mistakes, and one of the main reasons the coach has him at center is his intelligence. He's the qb of the line when he's in there, telling other linemen what they're supposed to be doing. He does have amazing lower body strength and quick off the ball, so that helps him for about a second until his opponents extra 100 lbs kick in. Most of the time, though, that second is all he needs. Personally, I think he needs to be on the defensive line. He's so quick off the ball that combined with his lower body strength, when he was younger, he'd have shed his blocker and be in the backfield most of the time during the hand offs. His last year to play for me before he moved, in the championship game, the other team changed their play calling and stopped running to his side. They went to more pitches and more quick off tackle hand offs so he couldn't get there in time.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Dirtylegacy blames himself for this loss. He missed a block on the winning drive, now he thinks the whole game is his fault. I need some Coach Mick advice on how to convince him otherwise. Of course, when you have a 165 lb kid playing center, you're asking for trouble. He's built more like a receiver than a center. But, he's only a sophomore, so he'll put on the weight. He's getting the needed height.

I can vividly recall blocks I missed from 1984. He'll live through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I can vividly recall blocks I missed from 1984. He'll live through it.
    Yeah, he's already past it. He's looking forward to his JV game tonight. They're playing Benton. I'm going to make the drive over.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Excuse me - but are you sure you should coaching others on "dropping" stuff???

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Excuse me - but are you sure you should coaching others on "dropping" stuff???
    AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:bigcry: You fall down a hill with about a hundred hot dogs ONE LOUSY TIME (due to poor lighting and poor track conditions:icon_wink....
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:bigcry: You fall down a hill with about a hundred hot dogs ONE LOUSY TIME (due to poor lighting and poor track conditions:icon_wink....
    Don't worry too much - the first year anniversary of the Sausage King of Shreveport will end on September 19th - then there will be no more reminders.

Unless you fall down the hill again which should not happen due to all of the improvements at JAS with lighting, etc. I am sure that was the cause of your stumble. Plan on drinking Red Diamond Tea at the tailgate? ()

+ Reply to Thread