View Poll Results: Where do you fit on the belief scale?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.

71 74.74%
  • De-facto Theist: I can't know for sure but I believe and I live on the assumption that he's there.

10 10.53%
  • Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.

5 5.26%
  • Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.

2 2.11%
  • Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.

1 1.05%
  • De-facto Atheist: I can't know for sure but it's very improbable and I live under that assumption.

6 6.32%
  • Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.

0 0%

Thread: The Belief Scale

Threaded View

Varsity Bulldog RustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really nice

The Belief Scale

In The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins formulated a 7-point belief scale from 1 (total belief) to 7 (total non-belief).

I put this here, not so that we could flame each other. I'm simply curious as to the makeup of the "gen pop" here

Where do you fit on the belief scale?

1. Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.
    2. De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.
    3. Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.
    4. Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.
    5. Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.
    6. De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.
    7. Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.
    By the way, answers are public so if you don't want to 'out' yourself don't answer!
    Last edited by RustonNative; 08-30-2009 at 11:43 AM.