+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Week in LA Tech Athletics - latechsports.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Dooley talking Conference Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Look at all the cool people he probably got to meet while working at Tech...Trace Atkins, Kix Brooks, Terry Bradshaw, Karl Malone, Willie Roaf, etc
    James D, Stevie D, Dawgmatic, HD, DfM, DFiH, Dpix, Dawgmatic, Maddawg, Tech77, bluecrew, Dave Nitz, Dawgmatic, DR . . . . the list goes on!:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And I don't think he is talking about WAC expansion....

Just sayin....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    James D, Stevie D, Dawgmatic, HD, DfM, DFiH, Dpix, Dawgmatic, Maddawg, Tech77, bluecrew, Dave Nitz, Dawgmatic, DR . . . . the list goes on!:icon_wink:
    Girl has power!!!!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech partners with Populous for master facility plan - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

RUSTON ? In an effort to even the recruiting playing field with his regional competitors, Louisiana Tech athletic director Derek Dooley on Tuesday announced a partnership deal with one of the largest sports architectural companies in the country to develop a master facility plan for the Ruston campus.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And I don't think he is talking about WAC expansion....

Just sayin....
    Agreed that he seems to be aiming higher than even C-USA. Who knows what discussions are in the works on conferences?? A brand new conference might be in the discussion stage?? Interesting...................

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    GUYS,

The more I am over at TECH for these games and the more I hear from 'INSIDERS", I am not sure that Dooley is thinking about leaving Ruston ever! He is setting up with our program and the facilities, a great place that he could be the MAN for a long, long time (cue a picture of Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden here)..... Contrary to what some of our Bastrop folks think (just a joke guys) or any one else trolling on this board thinks, Ruston is a nice college town! It does need a lot (like another Dawghouse or two), but it is strategically located, it has Shreveport and Monroe very close, and it is a great place for him to raise his beautiful family! (cue the picture out of the program).....

What Dooley needs, and I think he sees this, is for the dominoes to fall where we are back aligned with SMU, RICE, USM, and others who are mid-major (cue the angry response from some posters about me saying that).... and he will be set to make money for the program, get fans in the seats and therefore get what he wants from us in the way of salary, perks, etc.....

The BCS is going away from its current form at some point and when it does lots of that money from TV will be re-distributed (cue a picture of OBAMA).... If Dooley can make $1 million here a year and his wife has a nice functioning practice, live on a nice golf course, be the TOP DOG (cue a picture of Champ), then why would he ever want to leave???? I think he will get that when his contract expires and be sitting pretty in Ruston for a long, long time!!! It is a place we would all love to retire to, why wouldn't he want to live there as long as he could! Just because he is driven that doesn't necessarily make him personally ambitious! I like it that he is ambitious for our program and that shows in spades! I truly believe we have more quality of life than Baton Rouge (cue picture of slums) and other bigger towns with long histories of coaching changes, etc..... why leave?

DFiH
    BRILLIANT----just really amazes me how your fertile mind works! Thank you for these extremely important observations that I think are indeed right on target. I have thought for some time now, even when the rumor mills were churning after our big Indy Bowl win, that DD & his family LOVE the Ruston environment & really want to commit to making our great school the next Virginia Tech!! My grandson in the summer knocked on their door every morning about 7 am to pick up J.T., DD's son, & off they would go spending the day on that beautiful property at Squire Creek & getting into all kinds of mischief. Along the way, my grandson & my son have picked up on how much the Dooley family love their life in Ruston which really encourages me.

As the great Terry Bradshaw said, "I love our coach. He is educating the Tech family & the community about thinking BIG." I feel exactly the same way & he is doing this for a good reason & you have NAILED that reason right on the numbers. Thank you Scott.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

GUYS,

The more I am over at TECH for these games and the more I hear from 'INSIDERS", I am not sure that Dooley is thinking about leaving Ruston ever! He is setting up with our program and the facilities, a great place that he could be the MAN for a long, long time (cue a picture of Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden here)..... Contrary to what some of our Bastrop folks think (just a joke guys) or any one else trolling on this board thinks, Ruston is a nice college town! It does need a lot (like another Dawghouse or two), but it is strategically located, it has Shreveport and Monroe very close, and it is a great place for him to raise his beautiful family! (cue the picture out of the program).....

What Dooley needs, and I think he sees this, is for the dominoes to fall where we are back aligned with SMU, RICE, USM, and others who are mid-major (cue the angry response from some posters about me saying that).... and he will be set to make money for the program, get fans in the seats and therefore get what he wants from us in the way of salary, perks, etc.....

The BCS is going away from its current form at some point and when it does lots of that money from TV will be re-distributed (cue a picture of OBAMA).... If Dooley can make $1 million here a year and his wife has a nice functioning practice, live on a nice golf course, be the TOP DOG (cue a picture of Champ), then why would he ever want to leave???? I think he will get that when his contract expires and be sitting pretty in Ruston for a long, long time!!! It is a place we would all love to retire to, why wouldn't he want to live there as long as he could! Just because he is driven that doesn't necessarily make him personally ambitious! I like it that he is ambitious for our program and that shows in spades! I truly believe we have more quality of life than Baton Rouge (cue picture of slums) and other bigger towns with long histories of coaching changes, etc..... why leave?

DFiH
    AMEN! YOU get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (except for the cue of me on the "mid-major" term)

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I wish Mickey Slaughter would run for something so I could vote for him!!!

DFiH

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

DFiH
    President of the UL system would be perfect and we could finally get this 4 year college mess straighted out. lsu in the south and TECH in the North!!!!!!!!

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech partners with Populous for master facility plan - Shreveport Times

Thank you Rick Shirley!!!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Redesigned LATechsports.com Set to Launch Thursday Afternoon - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech Athletic Department will take another step forward in its branding efforts with the redesign and launch of its official website Thursday as www.latechsports.com received a total overhaul by CBS College Sports Network.

More...

Discuss it here.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Redesigned LATechsports.com Set to Launch Thursday Afternoon - latechsports.com

I got a recent sneak peak. After we get used to it, the new homepage be newer and allow easier navigation. Also, the picture galleries should be more up to date,too, and that's cool to me (of course).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    AMEN! YOU get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (except for the cue of me on the "mid-major" term)

...and right on cue!

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    ...and right on cue!

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

DFiH
    I AM running right now Scott-----------from back surgery!!

+ Reply to Thread