+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2009 Survivor Pool

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: 2009 Survivor Pool

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    rlmiddle's choices:
    Cincinnati Bengals
    New Orleans Saints
    New York Jets
    Philadelphia Eagles

Sportdawg

Baltimore Ravens
    New York Jets
    If you both wanted to keep it going, these would be your remaining choices.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I picked Baltimore last week, so I only have JETS. If he wants to pick Philly or Cincy, then we can do that. Would it be possible to start fresh?
    I don't mind giving up my crown. 16-1 is a good season.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

If you choose to keep it going, I suggest starting the playoffs fresh. But it would be 1 loss and out. There would actually be a fair bit of strategy included in doing that because of the eliminations of teams. The problem is that there ARE scenarios where based upon your early picks you could actually block yourself out of having a pick available in the later games like the divisional playoffs or superbowl. We could try it and see what happened, though.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I'm fine with whatever you decide. The strategy is to pick teams early that you don't think will win the super bowl, but advance.
    So if you think the Saints will win the SB, you don't pick them in Div. or Conf. Ch. It could be interesting.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

After reading everybody’s thoughts on how to handle this situation in the NFL Survivor Pool Contest, here are my suggestions:

First, I want to thank DocMarvin362 (Matt) for his time and effort in staging this contest, It was a very enjoyable contest.

1) Whoever makes it through the regular season with less than 2 losses, is a winner in my book, and therefore both Sportdawg and myself should be co-champions this year in the NFL Survivor Pool.

2) If we use a tiebreaker, I like the idea of continuing in the playoffs better than using “the one with the longest no-loss streak”.

3) As Sportdawg and TechDawgFan point out, the strategy in the playoffs would be quite a bit different than in the regular season and would make a very interesting contest by itself. That is one of the reasons that I think we should declare co-champions rather than continuing the contest.

4) If Matt is willing to, and it is not too late, why don’t we setup a NFL Playoffs Pool Contest and open it up to everyone. If more than one person makes it to the end and picks the Superbowl winner, then they should have to pick the points also as a tiebreaker. If we decide to continue the regular season into the playoffs, then whoever gets the furthest, wins the regular season.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sounds like a plan..... I'll look at setting up the contest again for the playoffs when I get home tonight. Might be worth a shot just to see how easy it flows.

So whether it's co-Champs or 1 or 2, great job guys. 3rd place is better anyways.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

If Sportdawg wants to continue into the playoffs, then we both should start over with all of the eligible teams.

Are you going to try to set it up for everyone to participate?

I agree with rlmiddle, co-champions and a playoff Survivor for ALL

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I've played that with my wife twice and she won both times. We haven't officially had a rematch, but we get a good bit of practice in.

+ Reply to Thread