+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Survivor Pool

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: 2009 Survivor Pool

Here is how I picked against last year. I try to avoid picking against teams with Zero wins. They sometimes burn you. Look at Detroit vs. Washing (albeit Washington is not a good team).

Cincy x 3
    Cleveland x 1
    Detroit x 2 (I didn't want to get burned)
    KC x 1
    Miami x 2 (didn't pick'em again after beating NE)
    Oakland x 3
    Seattle x 1
    St. Louis x 2

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I wonder if anybody else is onto the "pick the opponent of St. Louis" strategery yet....
    I'm still sweating. I picked Dallas over Carolina.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Early in the season I go with big point spreads - too many unknowns still out there.

Then once we see the good and bad teams, I start picking against 1 or 2 teams depending upon how the spreads look.

It's worked pretty good SO FAR! (Where's some wood to knock on?)

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Report package up. Everyone got it right. Nice going everyone.

New Picksheet as well. Just wanted to do it before TDF could whine and cry about it not being here yet. :icon_wink:

http://www.latechbbb.com/contests/nf...mententry.html

Looking ahead a few weeks, week 7 may be a bad week. All of the Bad teams are at home or have byes. I try to see the big picture in the schedule so I plan my future picks.

Carolina Panthers VS. BUF
    Cincinnati Bengals VS. CHI (Not a BAD team I guess)
    Cleveland Browns VS. GB
    Detroit Lions BYE
    Jacksonville Jaguars BYE
    Kansas City Chiefs VS. SD
    Miami Dolphins VS. NO
    Oakland Raiders VS. NYJ
    Last edited by sportdawg; 10-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I wonder if anybody else is onto the "pick the opponent of St. Louis" strategery yet....
    Be careful. I started out doing the "pick the opponent of Detroit" strategy, but switched off that modus operandi for week 3 (thankfully). :icon_wink:

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Be careful. I started out doing the "pick the opponent of Detroit" strategy, but switched off that modus operandi for week 3 (thankfully). :icon_wink:
    Unfortunately I decided not to do it last week when they played Minn because I just knew they had to win sooner or later. Instead I went with NE over the Jets. Bad choice. BTW Dan, you are kicking ass in the pick-em this year. Maybe its your year :bigcry:

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    ....BTW Dan, you are kicking ass in the pick-em this year. Maybe its your year :bigcry:
    Very Funny, oledawg.....................

You know very well I always start strong and finish weak.

BTW, I did very poorly so far this past week; happy we get a "freebie".

Besides, it's all about the bowls in the end, anyhow; AS YOU VERY WELL KNOW.

Da Bears won and I'm undefeated, just like the Saints!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Everyone won this week. 2 brave souls took Cincinnati and squeaked out a victory.

I'll wait until after the MNF game before running the report.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

when is week 5 going up?

Yea... I thought it already was. I was just imformed that it's not.

Chris, if you can, throw me a life jacket. If not, it will have to be after 5:30 when I get home.

If you want to get it out of the way, you can also send me a PM and I'll manually enter it there as well.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

There are no Thursday games. We'll wait for you.

Ok, Picksheet is uploaded. I thought that I did it Tuesday... but obviously not!

http://www.latechbbb.com/contests/nf...mententry.html

How'd we do this week? I picked Philly, so I'm still good.

+ Reply to Thread