+ Reply to Thread

Thread: interesting take on Navy game

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

interesting take on Navy game

here is a pretty well known handicapper's analysis of the Navy game. I was impressed that he picked up on the flu stuff because i didn't think that was widely reported in the media...

Louisiana Tech +7.5

I believe that most people are looking at the final scores of last week’s games of both Navy and La. Tech and thinking that Navy is going to blow La. Tech out. However, I watched the La. Tech game live and went back and watched the Navy game from last week and have a different opinion. While I was impressed with Navy battling for four quarters last week with Ohio State, I feel they were one play away from being blown out by 3 TD’s which made the final score a bit deceiving. Speak of deceiving finals; La. Tech was down by only ten points in the fourth quarter in their game last week vs. Auburn, against an improved Auburn team that I underestimated when handicapping last week’s game.

After watching Ben Tate and Mario Fannin run around last week, the game should slow down a bit for the Louisiana Tech defense. As I mentioned last week, La. Tech is a fundamentally sound defensive football team, which is what they will need to be when defending Navy QB Ricky Dobbs and their triple option attack. La. Tech did have a couple of lineman get banged up in last week’s game but reports I read this week were that most of them would be back in their usual spots this week. Dobbs is a talented playmaker, both on the ground and has the ability to hit long pass plays, making him difficult to defend. Fortunately, Navy lost most of their skill position players from last years team and they are breaking in new players. FB Alexander Teich has thirteen career carries and WR Marcus Curry has four career receptions. I think La. Tech Derek Dooley should have a good plan to slow down this attack, which should allow La. Tech to stay in the ballgame.

The bottom line is that La. Tech’s offense has got to improve upon on their performance from last week, and while I do have respect for the Navy defense, it is a defense that plays more at the speed of La. Tech’s offense. QB Ross Jenkins did make one fantastic throw last week at Auburn and did sustain some drives in the ballgame, but he’s got to be more accurate and not be afraid to tuck it and run occasionally. RB Daniel Porter was a little hesitant hitting the hole last week, which could have been a product of the La. Tech offensive line getting beat. Again, that cannot happen this week. Lastly Phillip Livas, who I will not refer to as “Saturday Night Livas” until he shows me something, has got to be more explosive.

La. Tech had a hard week of practice and some of their players are battling the flu, but if there is one thing you can count on from Derek Dooley it’s that he has his guys ready to play each week. Navy may suffer a bit of a letdown after their comeback fell short last week and if so my hopes are La. Tech can jump out early. I’ll take La. Tech and the points here.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: interesting take on Navy game

That is awful encouraging.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Good summary of the game.

My biggest fear is we get sucked in on the play action fake and Dobbs takes that 3 step drop and throws deep.
    Last edited by hookdown; 09-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

What site is that analysis from? Just curious.

SK

+ Reply to Thread