+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deja Vu

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Football Deja Vu

What I have seen so far from this campaign is eerily similar to when Jack Bicknell was leading us to mediocrisy!!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Deja Vu

We all need to get off the ledge............We played a couple of teams that are going to bowls....we were not a real good team last year and we are still building. We had too big of an expectation coming off last season.....when we beat NO ONE!

It is a building process. Be patient. No one set the expectation high, except us. I am just as guilty as the next guy.

We need to compare facilities and recruiting classes with the JBIII era.....no comparison.

The play calling is the only major concern we have. Saturday will be day one of the healing process....then onto the WAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog DAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We all need to get off the ledge............We played a couple of teams that are going to bowls....we were not a real good team last year and we are still building. We had too big of an expectation coming off last season.....when we beat NO ONE!

It is a building process. Be patient. No one set the expectation high, except us. I am just as guilty as the next guy.

We need to compare facilities and recruiting classes with the JBIII era.....no comparison.

The play calling is the only major concern we have. Saturday will be day one of the healing process....then onto the WAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If our offense doesn't improve, we will not win a WAC game.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAIQUIRIDAWG View Post

Naa, we can beat NMSU :icon_wink:

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAIQUIRIDAWG View Post
    A pathetic statement. Our offense was rolling last year right....right? It was statistically similar in the MSU/Auburn games. MSU just made lots of HUGE mistakes that gave us short fields...so we scored more.

And we got blanked by KU on the road last year.

I really don't see much change this year in our offense, and we put up games of 3, 14, 46, 38, 34, 21, 45, and 31 against the WAC.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    A pathetic statement. Our offense was rolling last year right....right? It was statistically similar in the MSU/Auburn games. MSU just made lots of HUGE mistakes that gave us short fields...so we scored more.

And we got blanked by KU on the road last year.

I really don't see much change this year in our offense, and we put up games of 3, 14, 46, 38, 34, 21, 45, and 31 against the WAC.
    Yeah - but the excuse last year was that Dooley and Co. were still primarily working with JB, III's recruits and that the recruits that DD and Co. got were still young/inexperienced with the offense and the realities of D1A college ball. No "hall passes" this year! I don't mind that we lost, it's HOW we lost, i.e., the offense took the last half off in both losses. Navy's good - I wouldn't be as pissed off about a hard fought loss where we looked competent - but we should not have lost to them by 18 and look like fools for 3 quarters. That's unacceptable - and alot of the blame - the large majority of it, in fact - lies squarely upon the coaching staff - either through play calling, personnel decisions, or just failing to fundamentally prepare these young men for this football season.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! DOOM & GLOOM!!!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Naa, we can beat NMSU :icon_wink:
    Ain't none of em gimmes with this team. Last season we were fortunate that Livas was forced out of bounds before he made the game winning td catch. The year before Champion went 6/6 on the last drive to win the game. NMST won't be ez and Utah St. has that qb that almost killed us single handedly in the Joe last year.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Ain't none of em gimmes with this team. Last season we were fortunate that Livas was forced out of bounds before he made the game winning td catch. The year before Champion went 6/6 on the last drive to win the game. NMST won't be ez and Utah St. has that qb that almost killed us single handedly in the Joe last year.
    NMSU will be easy. I will be there on homecoming to watch the beatdown occur.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeedawg View Post
    Yeah - but the excuse last year was that Dooley and Co. were still primarily working with JB, III's recruits and that the recruits that DD and Co. got were still young/inexperienced with the offense and the realities of D1A college ball. No "hall passes" this year! I don't mind that we lost, it's HOW we lost, i.e., the offense took the last half off in both losses. Navy's good - I wouldn't be as pissed off about a hard fought loss where we looked competent - but we should not have lost to them by 18 and look like fools for 3 quarters. That's unacceptable - and alot of the blame - the large majority of it, in fact - lies squarely upon the coaching staff - either through play calling, personnel decisions, or just failing to fundamentally prepare these young men for this football season.
    Dooley is still playing with Bicknell's recruits, and was behind the 8 ball on recruiting when he got here. That's why I said I was going to give him an extra year to be sure he had his players in here with enough experience to make a difference. Next year, his players that redshirted their freshmen year should be redshirt juniors, his first "real" recruiting class should be redshirt sophomores. That should be old enough to see better results than what we are getting. Now, throw in the transfers that are supposed to be "real deals" according to the pundits, and we'll see what he has going. Of course, it has to be more than just a 2 year effort on his part as well. I don't want to see a great 2010 and mediocre 2011 or even both years great then back to the old "rebuilding" phase.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Dooley is still playing with Bicknell's recruits, and was behind the 8 ball on recruiting when he got here. That's why I said I was going to give him an extra year to be sure he had his players in here with enough experience to make a difference. Next year, his players that redshirted their freshmen year should be redshirt juniors, his first "real" recruiting class should be redshirt sophomores. That should be old enough to see better results than what we are getting. Now, throw in the transfers that are supposed to be "real deals" according to the pundits, and we'll see what he has going. Of course, it has to be more than just a 2 year effort on his part as well. I don't want to see a great 2010 and mediocre 2011 or even both years great then back to the old "rebuilding" phase.
    Agreed that he gets more than 2 seasons plus 2 more games to see what he can really do with everything in place. Disagree that we should get utterly embarrassed for 3 quarters by Navy and still have a joke of an offense, at this point in Dooley's tenure. Hopefully, he's even more pissed off about it than we are.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeedawg View Post
    Agreed that he gets more than 2 seasons plus 2 more games to see what he can really do with everything in place. Disagree that we should get utterly embarrassed for 3 quarters by Navy and still have a joke of an offense, at this point in Dooley's tenure. Hopefully, he's even more pissed off about it than we are.
    I don't believe I said we should get embarrassed by Navy.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

As hard as it is to say and believe. I want yall to say "All goals are still achievable". Just say it once.......I know I know it hasn't been a great start and it's going to take a big turnaround for our Bulldawgs but I point you back to my quote. So here we go.....deep breath......and 1..2..3.. "All goals are still achievable". Now lets get back to 2-2 and start from there. Go Dawgs

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We lost to Boazy and Kansas by combined scores of 67-3. This year we've been out-scored 69-27.

Yeah, I'd agree, that the combo of Boazy and KU of '08 is better than the '09 duo of AU and Navy. But, all four will be bowl teams that beat us at their place.

Last year we got hammered early, on the road, and still won 8 games and a bowl game. The only difference was we opened at home and got a "W" over an SEC team.

My point is just this, don't judge and write off the whole season based on these two games, that had they been played later in the year, we might have been 0-2 vs AU and Navy anyway!

I think we have 4 home wins all but in the bag, including Nicholls and Hawaii coming up. I think we'll be sitting at 2-2 heading to Reno.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Folks....calm down....when Dooley got here we had NOTHING. No athletes, no good fundamentals, no coaching.

At lease now we can see very good immprovement against two good teams to start 2009...on the road. We were within 7 (or 10) in the 4th against Auburn. Not many non BCS teams can do that good.....and we were within 4 point of Navy in the 4th. Both Auburn and Navy's programs are light years ahead of us but we went toe to toe with both for most of the game.

Sure the 4th quarter meltdowns have been dissapointing but heck, under Bicknell those two games are over by the 2nd quarter.

We are missing a few key positions to be a really, really good non BCS team......if we had ANY type of QB we could very well be 2-0 right now.

+ Reply to Thread