+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The great comedian Gallagher said we should have dart guns in our cars and anytime we see someone doing something stupid we shoot one into (onto) their car. Then when a policeman sees a car with lots of darts stuck on it he pulls them over and writes a ticket.

Zipper merge is the preferred method when merging is necessary. But I too get annoyed when some folks think they are too good to wait in line like the rest of we poor saps. They'll race ahead to the point of blockage and want to break into line. Nope! I never let 'em. Happened to me recently and I simply would not allow someone to break into line. He cussed, flipped me off, and I just smiled back then waved "bye bye" as several cars behind me did the same thing to the asshole.
    I look for out-of-state plates. If they appear to be from out of town (and ostensibly didnt know what was up), then I probably just let them in.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I look for out-of-state plates. If they appear to be from out of town (and ostensibly didnt know what was up), then I probably just let them in.
    this is what I have finally landed on.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not when there are signs reading "Lane closed 2 miles ahead, merge..." and they still scoot to the point of blockage and try to force their way in.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

From the gym today. People who take 2-3 minutes between sets to do another exercise, then come running back over to the rack when you are about to use it screaming, “I have 2 sets left!”

Also, people who think they are all bad yelling and grunting while they use the momentum of the machine or free weights to throw weight around out of control.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

People who go to the gym.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

People who go to the gym.
    More so than people that do CrossFit?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys. Some of us aren’t just naturally in peak physical condition. I agree about CrossFit though. When I was in PT, the therapist was like, “don’t ever!”

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    From the gym today. People who take 2-3 minutes between sets to do another exercise, then come running back over to the rack when you are about to use it screaming, “I have 2 sets left!”

Also, people who think they are all bad yelling and grunting while they use the momentum of the machine or free weights to throw weight around out of control.
    I have found that there are a lot of people who have no clue about "gym etiquette". Examples:

- People who talk incessantly on a cell phone while still sitting on one of the benches or machines. You're IN THE WAY!

- Texters (as opposed to Techsters) who sit on a weight machine or bench and carry on a text conversation like a 7th grader. Again, you're IN THE WAY!!

- Just this morning, one of my regular free weight machines had a bottle of water sitting on it, but nobody was in sight. I assumed someone just left it. It happens. Nope. Immediately after changing all the weights to fit my needs, a woman walked up real fast and said she was doing other weights across the room, but had one more set to do here. This is a BIG room. Yep. I was pissed. Turns out, I was IN THE WAY!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    More so than people that do CrossFit?
    We agree on this one. Madness.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Peeve of the day: books that aren't really books but just part of a longer story. I don't object to trilogies, etc. I do object to books that don't have an ending at all.

Just read the most recent of the Dune books that the younger Herbert is writing. Absolutely no intention of finishing any part of the story. Clearly written to just give the authors another book to sell.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

That the advice phlebotomist and doctors want to give out to “improve” your veins (to make IVs, blood draws, etc. easier/less painful/hassle) is to drink more water.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    That the advice phlebotomist and doctors want to give out to “improve” your veins (to make IVs, blood draws, etc. easier/less painful/hassle) is to drink more water.
    I had knee surgery some years back and when I woke up in recovery I immediately noted pain in my arm where the IV was. Took a few minutes to clear my head, but it quickly was obvious something wasn't right. A nurse came in and asked "how are WE doing?" Well WE have intense pain in OUR arm, which since you want to use the inclusive WE, should know that. How's your knee feeling? What, not OUR knee? Anyway, OUR knee is fine, it's OUR arm that is hurting.

The IV had come out of the vein and they were pumping whatever into wherever. How's it feel, another nurse asked entering the room? Roughly equivalent to driving a 10-penny nail into my, um, our arm...

My surgery last week they placed the IV in my wrist. That hurt a little more than in the arm...when properly done, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    What? You expect them to just do better? I have had blood drawn on a day when they couldn’t find a vein at all and the girl was good enough to get it pain free on first try.

Stomach bugs

People who make it obvious they are already late for work while chastising the Walmart employee when the self checkout isn’t working fast enough.

+ Reply to Thread