+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: peeve of the day

Real estate agents who don’t bother to measure a property when they list it. Making me, the appraiser, the bad guy when a house is 300sf below listing.

Varsity Bulldog RowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the rough RowdyDawg's Avatar

When I get stuck behind the person that drives 30 MPH no matter what road or speed limit is set. Speed limit 55? Nope, 30. 45? No way, 30. 25? ...30. I-20 (70 through Ruston)? Ok.. we'll push it up to 45, maybe 50.

It's a big change moving back to Ruston from DFW where 75 can get you the finger on 114 or 121.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyDawg View Post
    When I get stuck behind the person that drives 30 MPH no matter what road or speed limit is set. Speed limit 55? Nope, 30. 45? No way, 30. 25? ...30. I-20 (70 through Ruston)? Ok.. we'll push it up to 45, maybe 50.

It's a big change moving back to Ruston from DFW where 75 can get you the finger on 114 or 121.
    my dad used to complain (brag, maybe?) about getting stuck in front of a long line of slow traffic...

Varsity Bulldog RowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the rough RowdyDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    my dad used to complain (brag, maybe?) about getting stuck in front of a long line of slow traffic...
    I have a fraternity brother that would tell me "If you're ever in Monroe and you get behind a guy driving 20 miles an hour under the speed limit, it's my dad."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

when people use the word "every" in place of "ever".

Having to explain to an executive that you cannot use the "Deleted Items" folder in Outlook to keep emails.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow! Really? Funny and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Holy cow! Really? Funny and sad.
    Oh yeah. They'd been getting by using the "Recover items recently removed from this folder" to un-delete stuff. "Dude, what part of Deleted do you not understand?"

How about the “Fast” Checkout at the grocery store? Yeah, the one that takes at least 5-10 minutes longer than a live person?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    How about the “Fast” Checkout at the grocery store? Yeah, the one that takes at least 5-10 minutes longer than a live person?
    Brookshires has a hovering watch person who insists on giving you unnecessary help, which puts me under pressure, which causes me to key in the wrong produce items.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Brookshires has a hovering watch person who insists on giving you unnecessary help, which puts me under pressure, which causes me to key in the wrong produce items.
    The Kroger we use has something that is I guess meant to be like a jumbo self-checkout. You do it yourself but have the whole little belt and all instead of the usual tiny self-checkout kiosk. And my issue is when the thing starts beeping at me for too many things on the belt and the little hovering watch person comes to tell me I need to go bag some stuff (and put it where? I'm still unloading the cart). My reaction is usually that if you're going to make me do it myself, I get to do it how I want to do it.

I've noticed they often just start bagging for me now instead.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The Kroger we use has something that is I guess meant to be like a jumbo self-checkout. You do it yourself but have the whole little belt and all instead of the usual tiny self-checkout kiosk. And my issue is when the thing starts beeping at me for too many things on the belt and the little hovering watch person comes to tell me I need to go bag some stuff (and put it where? I'm still unloading the cart). My reaction is usually that if you're going to make me do it myself, I get to do it how I want to do it.

I've noticed they often just start bagging for me now instead.
    Ah. Dang it. Paging Dr. 967.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Ah. Dang it. Paging Dr. 967.
    sorry -- i was out sick yesterday

excellent tho

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

HS Sports Twitter's use of dominate vs. dominant.

"He had a dominate performance out there" is almost every HS sports post on the internet, coaches and press alike. Also, college and pro coverage is not immune but HS sports Twitter is the worst.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I-20 through Alabama never fails to have a rather long construction zone, with speed reduced to 55, where there isn't even any pretend construction going on.

Oh--and why isn't there a clean bathroom between Vicksburg and the Buc-cee's outside of Birmingham?

+ Reply to Thread