+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Beth Mowins
    she is the worst

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

The continued run of unsubstantiated rumors whirling around college football. There must be a dozen teams that are joining the Big 12 in the next month. Clearly, sports reporters will print anything they hear regardless of quality of source.

Even worse--La Tech is never mentioned in the rumors.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Beth Mowins
    Fortunately there is a mute button.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

my peeve of the day, We got a text around 3am that there was a tornado warning for louisiana tech and ruston to seek shelter, there was no such warning. About 20 min later got a text saying there had been a train derailment on the tech campus to stay indoors and lockdown until further notice, no such derailment had occurred. About 20 after that got another text saying there had been no derailment. thats one heck of a mistake to make and a horrible time to do it when stressed enough about violent storm coming through. there needs to be two buttons 20' apart that takes two people to push in order to send such a warning. geeze

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    my peeve of the day, We got a text around 3am that there was a tornado warning for louisiana tech and ruston to seek shelter, there was no such warning. About 20 min later got a text saying there had been a train derailment on the tech campus to stay indoors and lockdown until further notice, no such derailment had occurred. About 20 after that got another text saying there had been no derailment. thats one heck of a mistake to make and a horrible time to do it when stressed enough about violent storm coming through. there needs to be two buttons 20' apart that takes two people to push in order to send such a warning. geeze
    Peeps making decisions that should not be making decisions.

I got the 3:00am wake up on my phone. Severe thunderstorm with "80 MPH Winds" ...that was total BS. Hoping I can take a nap now.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Friends who have big boats, side by sides, new vehicles, several vacation several times a year but bitch and moan every time the power goes out because of storms (or the suicidal squirrel) but won't invest in a whole house generator because they cost too much to only use once or twice a year...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Peeps making decisions that should not be making decisions.

I got the 3:00am wake up on my phone. Severe thunderstorm with "80 MPH Winds" ...that was total BS. Hoping I can take a nap now.
    You can turn off emergency notifications on your phone. I am not saying you won't win a Darwin award eventually but that option is there. When a storm is warned for 80 MPH winds the conditions are such that can happen. More often than not, it won't affect you. Here are the storm reports from last night. A lot of people had a rough night. One of my coworkers lives in Longview and had significant tree loss at his property. He told me it was legit.

Every one of those blue dots is wind damage or estimated winds 58+ Big black squares hurricane force +

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    You can turn off emergency notifications on your phone. I am not saying you won't win a Darwin award eventually but that option is there. When a storm is warned for 80 MPH winds the conditions are such that can happen. More often than not, it won't affect you. Here are the storm reports from last night. A lot of people had a rough night. One of my coworkers lives in Longview and had significant tree loss at his property. He told me it was legit.

Every one of those blue dots is wind damage or estimated winds 58+ Big black squares hurricane force +
    Thanks. I was pretty tired and weary when I posted that, but 80mph gets your attention. I've been listening and respecting what the weather guys do for years. 80mph is just nail biting at 3am.

80 would be like a CAT5 correct?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, 125,000 in Shreveport-Bossier were/are without power

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I'm still without power. It got pretty bad- tons of tree/power lines down. My office was down as well. People don't understand that down traffic lights are treated as four-way stops.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

got a text from my internet provider to let me know that my internet may be out due to power outages in my area (my power was out, duh). then i got a text at 5am to let me know that my internet had been restored at 6pm...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Thanks. I was pretty tired and weary when I posted that, but 80mph gets your attention. I've been listening and respecting what the weather guys do for years. 80mph is just nail biting at 3am.

80 would be like a CAT5 correct?
    If you're asking about Hurricane categories, it's

CAT 1 74-95mph
    CAT 2 96-110
    CAT 3 111-129
    CAT 4 130-156
    CAT 5 157+

Only three hurricanes have made landfall in the US as a CAT 5: 1924 (no name), Camille 1969, Andrew 1992.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Day 3 without power / it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Day 3 without power / it sucks.
    I can’t imagine. This heat is just brutal!

Finally came on last night, but my kitchen fridge is apparently dead, so not only lose hundreds of dollars of food, but also either pay someone to come fix or get a new fridge. Oh and the internet is still down (1st world problems).

+ Reply to Thread