+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    The lack of roundabouts built in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    DOTD is building one in Claiborne Parish as I type
    And Bubba don't like it. Jury's out on if he ever will.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The lack of roundabouts built in America.
    Some LaTech engineers we know designed the new Arkansas Rd project in West Monroe. Roundabouts will replace four traffic lights. The project's progression is fun to watch. I'm not sure how long it will take our peeps to get used to the roundabouts, but I guarantee they will not be cell phone friendly traffic areas. That (phones) seems to be the biggest problem with our traffic over here.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Roundabouts are coming back? Anyone remember the old McArthur Circle in Alex?

Now who has the right of way? It used to be the person in the circle, but maybe has changed to those entering. This can get confusing.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Roundabouts are coming back? Anyone remember the old McArthur Circle in Alex?

Now who has the right of way? It used to be the person in the circle, but maybe has changed to those entering. This can get confusing.
    That's a traffic circle - which is different from a roundabout -

Roundabout basically replaces a 4 way stop at a dangerous/deadly intersection to avoid high-speed, high-impact crashes and eliminate fatalities and serious injuries resulting from said crashes
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

There was a traffic circle in Dallas until the mid '70's at Harry Hines Blvd., Denton Drive and Northwest Highway. It was multi-laned, and was an absolute nightmare. First of all, you took your life in your hands getting on it, and then you could be stuck in the wrong lane and went around the circle multiple times. I had to go thru it twice daily minimum. So glad when they eliminated that monster!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Houston Techsan;1662162]Roundabouts are coming back? Anyone remember the old McArthur Circle in Alex?

There were two I believe, one being the large traffic circle on the south end and one on the north at the intersection of MacArthur and hwy one I believe. The North one has since been replaced and IIRC, that one was much smaller and was designed and functioned as a roundabout.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ever drive in D.C. ? Traffic circles, with about 7 streets spoking off and stop lights staggered at different points, such as you could have a green in your lane, change lanes, and learn you just ran a red light. It's crazy.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Some LaTech engineers we know designed the new Arkansas Rd project in West Monroe. Roundabouts will replace four traffic lights. The project's progression is fun to watch. I'm not sure how long it will take our peeps to get used to the roundabouts, but I guarantee they will not be cell phone friendly traffic areas. That (phones) seems to be the biggest problem with our traffic over here.
    That's good to hear. After seeing how they work and all the benefits, it's a wonder how it's taken so long for them to catch on around around the states. They reduce traffic accidents, speed up travel time, and drivers use less gasoline in them.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    There was a traffic circle in Dallas until the mid '70's at Harry Hines Blvd., Denton Drive and Northwest Highway. It was multi-laned, and was an absolute nightmare. First of all, you took your life in your hands getting on it, and then you could be stuck in the wrong lane and went around the circle multiple times. I had to go thru it twice daily minimum. So glad when they eliminated that monster!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

The first time I drove to Mexico City (1973) they had traffic circles on the Avenue De Reforma (4 or 5 lines each direction, maybe 6) and the traffic circles had no lane markings. You really took your life in your own hands entering and leaving those. However, the drivers were very polite. Whoever blew their horn first had the right of way - no argument. I did not have an accident and can't remember seeing any. Went back in 1980 (wasn't driving) and the circles had traffic lights. Since I wasn't driving I really didn't notice any improvement or any more accidents.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

That's good to hear. After seeing how they work and all the benefits, it's a wonder how it's taken so long for them to catch on around around the states. They reduce traffic accidents, speed up travel time, and drivers use less gasoline in them.
    You obviously don't know much about the redneck drivers in West Monroe. The on-going joke is to get your lawn chair and a six pack of beer and come and watch all the accidents that are going to happen. The folks here in town (WM) can't seem to understand the basic driving principles we have now (stop signs mean stop, green lights mean go, etc.). I truly believe it is going to be a CF when these things get finished. Oh yeah, right now there is a school bus stop in the middle of one of the intersections (Forty Oaks Farm Road). How is that going to work with a round-a-bout? It's going to be a few years before they are completed with the road work so maybe, just maybe, the people here in town will smarten up a little but I'm not holding my breath.

PS Just got back from two weeks in Ireland and Scotland and saw many round-a-bouts and they seemed to work well for the most part but at the same time they've had them for years and have gotten use to them. Until I'm proven wrong, I believe they will be a body shop's dream intersection!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Damn new fangled gasoline consuming buggies - I think I will stick with my horse and wagon....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Waiters walking away after they hand me the bill.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Waiters walking away after they hand me the bill.
    Getting the bill.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

AT&T bots only to be followed up with a bilingual person who is really unilingual.

+ Reply to Thread