+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

I don't keep any of my defensive guns around the house with a chambered round in them. I have nosy and curious grandkids and eventually one of them will come across one of my tactically placed weapons. It only takes a second, maybe a half-second, to chamber a round. My dogs will provide me more than that luxury of time. Safety first.

In the movies, often you'll see a character chamber a round when they already had one chambered...technically. In a John Wayne movie I watched recently, the one with Robert Mitchum and James Cahn, JW had been shooting his lever-action Winchester, stopped to talk, then before going back into action he cocked the lever again. That would have meant he ejected a live round onto the ground...dumb. But, it is only a movie...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Hollywood still doesn’t know how 1911s work.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

They don’t know about so much in proper use of a firearm. It’s irritating to watch .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't keep any of my defensive guns around the house with a chambered round in them. I have nosy and curious grandkids and eventually one of them will come across one of my tactically placed weapons. It only takes a second, maybe a half-second, to chamber a round. My dogs will provide me more than that luxury of time. Safety first.

In the movies, often you'll see a character chamber a round when they already had one chambered...technically. In a John Wayne movie I watched recently, the one with Robert Mitchum and James Cahn, JW had been shooting his lever-action Winchester, stopped to talk, then before going back into action he cocked the lever again. That would have meant he ejected a live round onto the ground...dumb. But, it is only a movie...
    I understand about the safety thing. That would be El Dorado. Never mind the Duke anyway. He was a racist according to UCLA and Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Hollywood still doesn’t know how 1911s work.
    They know it sounds/looks cool to use the lever to put the fear in the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    They don’t know about so much in proper use of a firearm. It’s irritating to watch .
    Yes, that was my peeve.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Basically the same thing in the opening of the later seasons of the "Lawman" TV series. Marshal Troop takes a rifle from the rack, cocks it and tosses it to Deputy Johnny. He also cocks it but nothing is ejected so I always figured they were playing with an empty rifle.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

There is a beep going off in my new apartment every 15 minutes and I cannot figure out what or where it is. I turned the power off to the apartment and removed batteries from the few apartment items that had them. And the beep is still there. I thought it might by a leftover annoyatron type thing, but thoroughly searched the apartment and nothing.

None of my stuff beeps unless I want it to, and all of that is on my desk.

So I'm stumped. I have yet to be able to not hear it.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    There is a beep going off in my new apartment every 15 minutes and I cannot figure out what or where it is. I turned the power off to the apartment and removed batteries from the few apartment items that had them. And the beep is still there. I thought it might by a leftover annoyatron type thing, but thoroughly searched the apartment and nothing.

None of my stuff beeps unless I want it to, and all of that is on my desk.

So I'm stumped. I have yet to be able to not hear it.
    did you check the smoke detectors?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    did you check the smoke detectors?
    Exactly. That's what it is. And you can't kill some of those SOB's either. LOL! I've actually pulled the batteries out of some smoke detectors, and they still CONTINUED beeping anyway. Not kidding. I think some smoke detectors (not all) have built-in cells that allow them to continue working even after the battery dies. Very irritating. HAHA!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Yes. I unplugged it from the wall. Took out the battery. Shut the power to the apartment. And was holding it in my hand when the next beep came. It didn't come from that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Yes. I unplugged it from the wall. Took out the battery. Shut the power to the apartment. And was holding it in my hand when the next beep came. It didn't come from that.
    Do you have more than one smoke detector in the house?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Do you have a fios box ?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If one of the apartments that touches yours is vacant, that's a possibility....a smoke detector going out in another apartment.

Man, that's the kind of stuff that drives me nuts.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Do you have more than one smoke detector in the house?
    Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Do you have a fios box ?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If one of the apartments that touches yours is vacant, that's a possibility....a smoke detector going out in another apartment.

Man, that's the kind of stuff that drives me nuts.
    Probably. It could be a weird sound thing from either the mechanical room or closet outside my doors. It shifts too much to tell. Have stood everywhere in my living room and kitchen to figure it out. Nada.

How about an back up ups power supply? Security system key pad? Refrigerator warning ?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

battery's low in the spycam in the air vent...

+ Reply to Thread