+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 2,311 to 2,319 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    If you own a dog, please kennel and collar it. If it’s not in a kennel and has no collar, I won’t mind shooting it from my deer stand.
    Why would you want to shoot a dog? Shame on you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Shame on the irresponsible owner...

Lot's of money invested in hunting a spot that can cost you your prey when an owner allows his "pet" to roam free.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t WANT to shoot a dog, but I want to shoot a target buck I have planned and spent money on as well. Stray dogs have messed up more than a few hunts for me this year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Shoot the irresponsible owner so you can shoot your trophy buck. I know how important it is for some to kill Bambi. But, the dog is not knowingly messing up your hunt.

There are a lot of "creatures" I would shoot to save a dog...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I know how important it is for some to kill Bambi.
    We wouldn't have "Bambis" if it weren't for hunters and game management. You sound like one of the tree huggers now.

You are blaming hunters for controlling idiots who don't control their pets (pests).

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We wouldn't have "Bambis" if it weren't for hunters and game management. You sound like one of the tree huggers now.

You are blaming hunters for controlling idiots who don't control their pets (pests).
    I do like trees. What, you hate them?

I do like trees. What, you hate them?
    Should have said animal rights activist, but they are all the same. Being woke is their new cause.

FWIW, I've never shot or shot at a stray dog, but I never got upset when one of my hunting buddies did.

If a dog (even a pet) bit one of your children or grand children would you put it down?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Should have said animal rights activist, but they are all the same. Being woke is their new cause.

FWIW, I've never shot or shot at a stray dog, but I never got upset when one of my hunting buddies did.

If a dog (even a pet) bit one of your children or grand children would you put it down?
    No, I would not put down one of my dogs, which have "bit" both my kids and grandkids. I put "bit" in quotes, because the dog didn't really sink its teeth in, but did snap at and draw a little blood. This has happened on several occasions and I did fuss at the dog and pop him/her good. We have two dogs who are pets, and we have two dogs who are high-strung protectors. My son lives in Texas and after we acquired one of our new protectors, my son unexpectedly walked into our house. He was in town on business and showed up. The dog did not know who he was, and he did his job and attacked. Fortunately, it was in the winter and the heavy coat he was wearing absorbed a good portion of the bites. The whole incident lasted only a few seconds since I commanded the dog to cease, and he did. Took only minor first aid to repair the damage on my son's hand and arm. I offered to buy my son a new coat to replace the ripped one, but he declined. The grandkids who are here most of the time know how to act around the two protectors. Mostly, don't bother them and they won't bother you. Both of those dogs would sacrifice their lives to protect one of us from intruders, including the grandkids.

As for killing a dog, if I knew who I would report that person to the authorities and press charges.

I see that Ruston has a new adoption center. That's great. I am on the board for our local rescue group, and we are raising funds to build such a center in Natchitoches. Right now we operate two obsolete shelters, staffed by some awesome volunteers. Unfortunately, the City of Natchitoches operates a "kill" shelter which we aim to have closed for good. Ruston has joined a growing list of cities, parishes, and counties that have opened adoption centers. Last year voters in Ouachita Parish passed a new tax to build such a center. Good for them.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

You have to teach a kid to respect a dog just as much or more than you need to instruct a dog how to behave around a kid.

+ Reply to Thread