+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    My roommate (who graduated with me a few years ago) is trying to get his MSEE at Tech.

Turns out Tech doesn't offer half the classes they say they do, which are listed as core classes for the degree. No one will answer why this is, and there is ZERO accountability.

And you can't check BOSS, because it's an embarrassing blight on the school that was invented for a punchcard computer.

New stadium facilities are nice, but we HAVE TO FIX THESE INSTITUTIONAL FAILINGS. It's shameful that my alma mater refuses to listen to common sense in so many crucial areas.
    They don't offer them or only offer periodically?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    They don't offer them or only offer periodically?
    Have not offered them for several years it looks like. We're not sure how people are getting MSEE degrees (I was MSNT) if these essential classes (Nonlinear Systems and Wireless Networks) are not offered. The rest of the graduate courses are merely the undergraduate classes, which is another huge problem (all we're doing is pandering to the lowest common denominator and not teaching people anything).

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Have not offered them for several years it looks like. We're not sure how people are getting MSEE degrees (I was MSNT) if these essential classes (Nonlinear Systems and Wireless Networks) are not offered. The rest of the graduate courses are merely the undergraduate classes, which is another huge problem (all we're doing is pandering to the lowest common denominator and not teaching people anything).
    When I was at Tech in EE there were classes that were only offered 1 quarter per year. You and your friend should call the university (instead of an internet athletics forum) to CONFIRM when the next course offering will be. Your allegations appear to be more a result of poor student graduation planning than a shortcoming of the university- especially with the enormous recent budget pressure.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    When I was at Tech in EE there were classes that were only offered 1 quarter per year. You and your friend should call the university (instead of an internet athletics forum) to CONFIRM when the next course offering will be. Your allegations appear to be more a result of poor student graduation planning than a shortcoming of the university- especially with the enormous recent budget pressure.
    I'm not necessarily the one complaining about it. I made it through easily enough. He's frustrated and I'm frustrated on his behalf.

And frustrated people do not want to hear excuses (believe me, I've tried)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Then your peeve is that your friend is frustrated, not Tech screwing something up that they couldn't have actually screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Then your peeve is that your friend is frustrated, not Tech screwing something up that they couldn't have actually screwed up.
    Fair enough. I want us to be the best that we can be.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Fair enough. I want us to be the best that we can be.
    Tech is the king of being anal-retentive about this sort of thing. We would NOT be graduating any MSSE if we didn't have a way for them to have the classes, much less offer the degree. There is not an institutional failing here, other than maybe not giving all the information out needed. That is one gripe I have with Tech is that they seem to hate to give information out. I constantly get "how dare you ask me that! only I should know!" looks from people when I ask them about classes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Tech is the king of being anal-retentive about this sort of thing. We would NOT be graduating any MSSE if we didn't have a way for them to have the classes, much less offer the degree. There is not an institutional failing here, other than maybe not giving all the information out needed. That is one gripe I have with Tech is that they seem to hate to give information out. I constantly get "how dare you ask me that! only I should know!" looks from people when I ask them about classes and such.
    Now you mention that it makes sense. This stuff isn't secret knowledge (or shouldn't be).

My own personal issue is BOSS. No excuse for it to not have been upgraded by now.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Full inboxes.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Lol

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Full inboxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Lol
    Seroiusly. Is there any way HOF BoaRD members can get expanded or unlimited PMs? I like keeping a lot of them for future reference and hate having to continually delete them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Seroiusly. Is there any way HOF BoaRD members can get expanded or unlimited PMs? I like keeping a lot of them for future reference and hate having to continually delete them.
    Hmmmm -

Good idea, we can look into it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I just assumed moderators had it configured so that they actually continue to get all their messages, but enjoy seeing how many times some fool will keep submitting.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

Put the timber industry back on the map. Right click, Print!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Receiving emails that have a little green tree-looking symbol that says something like, "think of the environment before printing this."

I print it and reply on it in writing and then fax it back to the person so it generates two sheets of paper - one I paid for with my own money which I can spend any legal way I wish, and one they pay for from their fax machine.

If anyone feels compelled to comment, please don't forget to include your fax number.

Heck, include your mailing address too. I own lots of Internatiinal Paper and Exxon stock so I may just buy a stamp and send you a letter so that not only the timber industry is supported, but also the petroleum industry since the mail trucks run on gasoline or diesel.

+ Reply to Thread